PDA

View Full Version : Trains kick ass

XxSephirothxX
02-03-2022, 05:05 AM
Right?

I've ridden on some pretty kick ass trains in the last decade. Japan's shinkansen, Taiwan's high speed rail between Taipei and Kaishung, Korea's KTX from Seoul to Busan (🙅:bou:♂️ zombies), and the TGV Lyria between France and Switzerland. And subways! Oh man, I love subways. Who wants to drive when you can ride a train listening to music while the world slides by?

I also rode a couple trains in India, an experience I do not regret but never ever want to do again.

Unfortunately here in the US our trains are habitually slow, delayed, and expensive. I want to champion high speed rail in America but I don't think it's ever going to happen at any meaningful scale. Sucks ass but whatcha gonna do.

Train stories plz

Quindiana Jones
02-03-2022, 02:33 PM
My best and worst train experiences were in China travelling from Guiyang to Guilin.

The first time I made the trip, it was a sleeper train from ancient history and was just an awful, cramped, smelly, uncomfortable experience. It took fucking ages.

Then they built a high speed rail (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiyang%E2%80%93Guangzhou_high-speed_railway), so the second time I went was on a brand new hella fast BEAST train. Felt like pure luxury; so clean, ride so smooth, seats so comfy, and the trip took, like, 4 hours.

krissy
02-03-2022, 04:40 PM
lotta trains in europe for me
a few in canada
lots of fun

https://www.gamerguides.com/assets/guides/resize1100x-/163/ff8_selphie_intro1.jpg

Del Murder
02-03-2022, 04:58 PM
My 3 year old son loves trains. He'll point them out to us every time he sees one, to make sure we saw it too. When my older kids were around 3 we took them to Sonoma Train Town and it was like their favorite place ever. We need to take the youngest one up there.

I agree the US has a lack of high speed and generally convenient train systems. California approved the high speed rail about 15 years ago and it's still not happening. Too much NIMBYism.

Mr Gashtacular
02-08-2022, 02:14 PM
trains in wales are made of old buses and are bad. uk is generally bad at trains also, idk why we have so many train fans here in uk. its not until you go between cities in a european country that you realise how cool good trains are. i think if i never left the country i would think that trains SUCKED A$$ but i have left the country so i can say that trains RULE.

Christmas
03-08-2022, 08:25 AM
The coolest one was the one from FFVIII. I mean, my Squall is able to block it unharmed. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
03-09-2022, 01:22 PM
False. In FFVI, Sabin suplexes a train, and that's honestly the best train experience one could possibly have.

Del Murder
03-11-2022, 08:00 PM
Some amusement park somewhere needs to add a suplex element to their train ride.