PDA

View Full Version : FFXVI Is in it's final stage of development

Wolf Kanno
04-29-2022, 07:32 PM
Well here's a turn of events. We haven't been inundated with trailers or announcements of future announcements. One trailer, one delay, and now our next news from FFXIV and XVI director Naoki Yoshida is that the game is almost done (https://www.siliconera.com/final-fantasy-xvi-in-final-stages-of-development-says-naoki-yoshida/). Nice change of pace.

That means our next potential trailer will likely be a more polished looking experience and will likely have a release date attached to it.

Christmas
04-30-2022, 06:08 AM
Way to hype it up. I just hope it doesn't turn into another FF XV disaster upon launch. Read some of the comments in the page and yes, I want party members too. FF is all about companionship unlike Dark Souls or Diablo. :bigsmile:

Fynn
04-30-2022, 06:53 AM
Really interested to see what a new trailer will bring! And it’s really nice to see SE has learned and for once we have an FF that wasn’t announced way too early

tidus79
04-30-2022, 08:13 AM
Release of the game is expected to take place during "Winter 2022" in time for Christmas ;)

I hope for a console bundle Limited Edition too

Christmas
04-30-2022, 11:21 AM
Release of the game is expected to take place during "Winter 2022" in time for Christmas ;)

Ever the collector, my dear friend. You rox! :kaoclove:

Wolf Kanno
04-30-2022, 08:04 PM
Really interested to see what a new trailer will bring! And it’s really nice to see SE has learned and for once we have an FF that wasn’t announced way too early

Meanwhile... KHIV. I kid though, but I'm going to always hold Versus XIII and KHIII against Nomura.

Fynn
05-01-2022, 06:11 AM

Meanwhile... KHIV. I kid though, but I'm going to always hold Versus XIII and KHIII against Nomura.

Those things were always clearly management issues, what with Nomura being pulled in every direction. Since now he has a more hands-off role for FFVIIR2, he’s pretty much set to focus only on KHIV.

Plus, the fact that we have a numbered game so quick after III, rather than a million side games (which I personally love more than the numbered games, but that’s neither here nor there), also indicates SE is learning ;) We’ll see how long it takes but it’s still nice to see it’s happening!

Del Murder
05-03-2022, 04:59 AM
From what he says, sounds promising. Just words for now but they are the words you want to hear!

fat_moogle
05-31-2022, 04:14 PM

This hasn't been confirmed, has it? I honestly don't see it releasing until mid-2023, to give Forspoken some breathing room. That was delayed by 5 months as is releasing in October, and I highly doubt SE will want to put a brand new IP right up against Final Fantasy. So yeah, I'm going with a post April 2023 release.

Aulayna
06-01-2022, 08:05 PM

This hasn't been confirmed, has it? I honestly don't see it releasing until mid-2023, to give Forspoken some breathing room. That was delayed by 5 months as is releasing in October, and I highly doubt SE will want to put a brand new IP right up against Final Fantasy. So yeah, I'm going with a post April 2023 release.

I mean this *is* SE we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past them to release Forspoken and XVI around the same time as each other and then lament that they didn't meet sales expectations.