PDA

View Full Version : Somebody That You Used To Know

Loony BoB
07-22-2022, 03:19 PM
Which FF characters did you use to love but don't care for these days? Which did you use to hate but grew on you over time?

I remember I found Snow annoying when I first played FFXIII but these days I just think it's a goofy ol' load of fun.

I used to think Aeris was scum but these days I find her tolerable.

Hard to think of a character I really liked in the past and don't care for now, though...

Wolf Kanno
07-22-2022, 06:00 PM
Angsty hormonal-fueled teenage me loved Vincent. Adult me see's that he suffers from sever anxious attachment style and is toxic as smurf.

I feel I fall into category of a lot of FFVI fans who probably didn't care for someone like Strago in my youth, but older me really digs him.

Quindiana Jones
07-22-2022, 06:29 PM
As a child I was Zidane, but I became Steiner as I aged.

Dr. Acula
07-23-2022, 04:23 AM
I used to dislike Rinoa but I honestly quite like her now. Conversely, I used to really like Eiko but now find her a bit annoying.

Mr Gashtacular
07-23-2022, 11:34 AM
Used to find Barrett annoying and brash, but now I like these aspects of him. Cait Sith felt incredibly annoying and pointless, he still is now but I've grown on him now that I imagine him as being Reeve's quirky fursona.

Christmas
07-24-2022, 02:20 AM
I was Quina when I was younger and now I am like Quan. :quina:

Tigmafuzz
07-27-2022, 12:23 AM
Almost all the characters I liked/disliked when I was younger I have pretty much the exact same opinion about now, with one notable exception.

I no longer quite despise Penelo as much as I used to. Still don't like her, but it's not hostility, just closer to apathy now.

Still hate Vaan though.