PDA

View Full Version : Anime series you can't get into.

Wolf Kanno
08-09-2022, 09:38 AM
What it says on the tin, What's a series you've tried to get into and it just doesn't quite scratch that itch for you?

Loony BoB
08-09-2022, 02:24 PM
So many. For the biggest ones...

My Hero Academia - I made it through two seasons when it was hyped, completely lost interest after that, but it seems to still be considered to be really big.

One Punch Man - It amused me but it just felt like a constant gimmick.

Clannad - The sheer timidity of the characters put me off.

I could probably have given Hunter x Hunter a better shot, but it just didn't grab me. I feel like it's the kind of anime you have to grow up with. I haven't bothered with actually trying to watch Naruto, One Piece, Gintama, Bleach, Sword Art Online, Evangelion, Tokyo Ghoul, Fate, Fruit Basket or Jojo yet either. I don't think I'll ever try the first four, might have a look into the other someday though.

For those that I do like, I find that my anime preferences fall into three categories:

Serious: Attack on Titan, Ghost in the Shell, Erased, Planetes, Gangsta.

Slice-of-life: Nana, Higehiro, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, Golden Time

Exclamation Marks: Food Wars!, Haikyuu!!, Btooom!, Toradora!

If it can combine two or more categories, all the better. If it can't meet any of the three then clearly it's not for me.

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2022, 05:09 PM
BoB, watch Baccano! and let me know what you think :D

Loony BoB
08-09-2022, 06:33 PM
Just had a peek into what it is and it seems like the kind of thing I'd watch! It's the exclamation marks, I swear.

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2022, 06:41 PM
Dub or sub, you can't go wrong.

Christmas
08-10-2022, 01:00 PM
So many. For the biggest ones...

My Hero Academia - I made it through two seasons when it was hyped, completely lost interest after that, but it seems to still be considered to be really big.

One Punch Man - It amused me but it just felt like a constant gimmick.

Clannad - The sheer timidity of the characters put me off.

I could probably have given Hunter x Hunter a better shot, but it just didn't grab me. I feel like it's the kind of anime you have to grow up with. I haven't bothered with actually trying to watch Naruto, One Piece, Gintama, Bleach, Sword Art Online, Evangelion, Tokyo Ghoul, Fate, Fruit Basket or Jojo yet either. I don't think I'll ever try the first four, might have a look into the other someday though.

For those that I do like, I find that my anime preferences fall into three categories:

Serious: Attack on Titan, Ghost in the Shell, Erased, Planetes, Gangsta.

Slice-of-life: Nana, Higehiro, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, Golden Time

Exclamation Marks: Food Wars!, Haikyuu!!, Btooom!, Toradora!

If it can combine two or more categories, all the better. If it can't meet any of the three then clearly it's not for me.

OMG, WATCH EVANGELION ALREADY. IT IS A MUST, YOU BIRD FART.

Loony BoB
08-23-2022, 06:23 PM
Just watched ep 1. Damn, this thing has a cast big enough to compete with Game of Thrones, I'm intrigued :D

Loony BoB
08-24-2022, 12:28 AM
Just watched ep 1. Damn, this thing has a cast big enough to compete with Game of Thrones, I'm intrigued :D
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand finished! A real gem, thanks Quin :D

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2022, 02:58 PM
Gotta love a quickie! :D

Who's your fave characters?

Loony BoB
08-24-2022, 04:10 PM
Ooh that's tough. I think Firo was probably my favourite. Ladd Russo was also amazing as a bad guy. Jacuzzi was cool. Isaac and Miria were hilarious fun, much better written than most comedic relief in serious anime is.

I watched the dub, am so glad I did because of all the accents fitting the setting / ethnicities. Although I do wonder if Japanese have their own variations of accents they use for French/Irish/etc... but I'd not have picked up on them, that's for sure.