PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god it's Boxing Day can you believe it? I can, because I know what that is!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-26-2014, 06:35 AM
I, Lone Wolf Leonhart, know that Boxing Day is a holiday celebrated after Christmas Day, occurring on the second day of Christmastide (26 December).

I'm also aware that though it originated as a holiday to give gifts to the poor, today Boxing Day is primarily known as a shopping holiday. You could definitely say that LWL knows that it originated in Great Britain and is celebrated in a number of countries that previously formed part of the British Empire. I, the great Lone Wolf Leonhart, also discovered that the attached bank holiday or public holiday may take place on 28 December if necessary to ensure it falls on a weekday and that Boxing Day is also concurrent with the Catholic holiday Saint Stephen's Day.

Let LWL educate you on this too: In parts of Europe, such as several regions of Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Norway, and Ireland, 26 December is Saint Stephen's Day, which is considered the second day of Christmas.

I will also definitely remember what Boxing Day is for at least 8 years.

Signed: L. W. LEONHART

Quindiana Jones
10-13-2022, 05:44 PM
fucking gotteem

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-13-2022, 11:11 PM

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-13-2022, 11:13 PM
I can't believe you Freaky Friday'd my ass.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
Bold of you to assume you have a choice in the matter, dear fellow. You will post from now until Armageddon.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
I'm never posting again :grover:

Quindiana Jones
10-13-2022, 11:23 PM
This is wild.

Quindiana Jones
10-13-2022, 11:23 PM
I never knew such powers existed.

Dr. Acula
10-14-2022, 04:34 AM
wtf is happening

Christmas
10-14-2022, 12:37 PM
If boxing day is about giving to the poor, why am I getting nothing? :(

Psychotic
10-14-2022, 12:45 PM
It means people of poor financial means, not people of poor hygiene.

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2022, 02:41 PM
fucken gotteem

Mr Gashtacular
10-14-2022, 03:52 PM
i dont understand this thread at all

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-14-2022, 04:06 PM
Hi, Psychotic here! So I've just experimented with this post and here's what you can actually do on vBulletin:

Make a duplicate of someone's old post, so there are two identical copies of the same post in the thread
Make a new post of your own in the same thread
Merge their duplicated post with your own brand new post
When merging two posts, you can choose either of the two posters to be the poster of your new post. So that's either yourself or the person whose post you copied. In this case I chose LWL.
But you can choose which of the posts you want to survive, to become the final merged post. I chose my own post this afternoon rather than LWL's older post.
Therefore it looks like LWL is posting right now when actually it's me and he hasn't even logged in.
Sorry and thank you to LWL for being my guinea pig :shobon: I promise to never do this to you again.
I am absolutely not going to use this newfound power for good. Any and all posts on this forum by any members - apart from LWL because of my previous promise - could have been made by me. Trust no-one apart from him.

Shauna
10-14-2022, 05:07 PM
The forum will just be Psy posting as various members from now until the end of time

Shauna
10-14-2022, 05:07 PM
How do we know this wasn't already the case? Well...

Quindiana Jones
10-14-2022, 06:05 PM
In one post, LWL has just become the only source of truth in Eizon.

Mr Gashtacular
10-14-2022, 06:35 PM
Hi, Psychotic here! So I've just experimented with this post and here's what you can actually do on vBulletin:

Make a duplicate of someone's old post, so there are two identical copies of the same post in the thread
Make a new post of your own in the same thread
Merge their duplicated post with your own brand new post
When merging two posts, you can choose either of the two posters to be the poster of your new post. So that's either yourself or the person whose post you copied. In this case I chose LWL.
But you can choose which of the posts you want to survive, to become the final merged post. I chose my own post this afternoon rather than LWL's older post.
Therefore it looks like LWL is posting right now when actually it's me and he hasn't even logged in.
Sorry and thank you to LWL for being my guinea pig :shobon: I promise to never do this to you again.
I am absolutely not going to use this newfound power for good. Any and all posts on this forum by any members - apart from LWL because of my previous promise - could have been made by me. Trust no-one apart from him.

this is incredible. what a wonderfully terrible feature.

theundeadhero
10-15-2022, 12:48 PM
Honestly surprised it took him 17 years to figure it out.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-22-2022, 04:39 PM
In one post, LWL has just become the only source of truth in Eizon.