PDA

View Full Version : New Character Bios for the Dominants of Odin and Bahamut

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-22-2022, 05:09 PM
My inner goth loves a good dark knight attire. A character described as a "landless wanderer" makes me wonder if he has a duty he's either abandoned, kept secret, or forgotten about.

I don't know if I've ever pictured Bahamut with a dragoon. But considering he's the king of dragons, it makes sense. The prominent Bahamut in my mind is Yunas in FFX so I always associate him with a dedicated summoner. Even though there's precedent, like in FFVII, for him to be summoned by many different types.

Del Murder
10-24-2022, 08:33 PM
So far the weakest part of XVI to me is the character design. The human characters are very bland and generic looking, especially for the FF series which has in the past featured bunny characters, wizard characters with no face, and a protagonist without a tail. Even XIII and XV, which featured a human cast, had some district looks and wardrobes (at least for XIII) among them. These two are completely forgettable looking.

DK
10-27-2022, 04:29 AM
I'm alright with Barnabas but after learning that Dion is supposed to be the leader of the Dragoons I am displeased. Estinien is clear

yes I am a dragoon main and this offends me ok

ham
10-27-2022, 06:24 PM
I haven't had a chance to look at any FFXVI content but it looks promising for now.

I can see what you mean about the character design.

Fynn
11-01-2022, 10:56 AM
I don’t mind the designs personally. They’re going for a more down to earth vibe, and that shines through. Personally, I’m the most put off by the battle system and music so far. The rest seems pretty cool

Wolf Kanno
11-03-2022, 06:23 PM
They both sound very interesting. The game has a very Matsuno inspired vibe and I'm here for it.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-21-2023, 12:34 PM
Yeah well i;m sure certain members could come up with better costumes than this shit in two seconds flat.