PDA

View Full Version : Mod till it crashes

Christmas
03-06-2023, 05:29 AM
Anyone mod your old ancient games till it became unfunctionable? Share your experience here and cry your hearts out. :(

Dr. Acula
03-07-2023, 07:52 AM
I literally never use mods. Not even for Skyrim.

Mr Gashtacular
03-08-2023, 02:27 PM
i dont use mods because ima console player! but i would like to play certain mods for some games. some of the various FF mods for difficulty and visual upgrades seem very cool. i would probably only use mods the second time around though

Jessweeee♪
03-10-2023, 03:12 PM
i never modded something so bad it stopped working but one time i deleted my mailbox on the sims 1 and it ruined that plot forever
like i could go in and play it but
no one could visit
the pizza man got stuck on a tile in the center of the lot and no one could interact with him
he got mad that no one would take the pizza from him

i just wanted to stop getting bills :(

Christmas
03-12-2023, 02:23 PM

OMG. HOW DO U STAND THOSE UGLY FACES!?

Loony BoB
04-02-2023, 12:50 AM
I have a spare PC I occasionally use as a Minecraft server every 1-2 years, and I make custom modpacks for it. Last time it had around 130 mods if I recall corrrectly, still worked, but during the testing stage it would go higher than 130 and stop working so I'd have to cut the incompatible ones out.

Dr. Acula
04-07-2023, 07:33 AM

OMG. HOW DO U STAND THOSE UGLY FACES!?

When I get sick of their faces I go play Oblivion and it makes me feel better about them.

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2023, 03:00 PM
OpenMW has been such a blessing. It's a full engine rebuild of Morrowind, so the ability for it to become nonfunctional via modding is all but eradicated.

A bunch of keeners are working on adding voice overs to everything in Morrowind using the ElevenLabs AI and the demos look really good, so I can't wait for it to get across to OpenMW.

Dr. Acula
04-13-2023, 10:12 AM
I'll admit I want to try the Skyrim mod that turns all the sword noises into Tim the Tool Man Taylor grunts.