PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers up to the end of 'Capital Pun' chapter / getting 'Twilight Rose' achievement

Loony BoB
06-24-2023, 11:40 PM
This thread can be used to freely discuss the game up to the point where you receive the 'Twilight Rose' achievement / end the 'Capital Punishment' chapter. I like that it could only fit Capital Pun in the title. :D

You can feel free to post unmarked spoilers about this portion of the game in this thread.

...So.

Okay, this one came quickly. I wonder if the others will be thick and fast too? Not too much happened since last time.

Titan fight was fun, and I damn near beat it without taking damage. Almost! I wonder why our younger self (or someone who looked kinda like that) appeared to take him away. Them Ash people are sus as hell.

Torgal is even more awesome than before! Also, Gav brings a lot more fun to the fights than anyone else does. I'm glad he's actually fighting alongside us now. His constant "wtf" comments about Torgal were hilarious and on point for what we were all probably thinking, too.

Jill's starting to grow on me a little more as the game goes on. I still prefer Benedikta of the girls, but Jill being consistently around allows for a little... idk, steadiness? She still needs a bit more to her - as do all the characters, let's face it - but she's getting a bit more personality added in.

It's so weird that even now we're getting tutorials on things like enemies with Protect cast on them. I feel like this game has a longer tutorial period than FFXIII did and that one was so long it got meme'd on (https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/04/14/purgatory). Speaking of late tutorials and such, the Hunt board got unlocked really late, but I like the exp boost the hunts give. I still don't count it as a real minigame as it's still basically "go fight stuff". I'm sad at the lack of fishing, I really am. I was thinking at some point about how this game is like the Witcher, but without the fun parts. The fun parts are squeaking in a little lately but I still need some kind of genuine minigame to keep me chill between the n e v e r e n d i n g cycle of fight-cutscene-fight-cutscene-fight-cutscene-fight-cutscene-fight-cutscene-fight-cutscene-fight-cutscene-fight-cutscene.

Still, for now I have Gav making the game a bit more fun, Torgal being superpowered and Jill actually getting slightly (slightly!) fleshed out as a character. I'm having a bit more fun than I was before. It wasn't a high bar, but I'm glad to be able to laugh/smile in my head a little. Even Game of Thrones needed the fun between the morbid. Fingers crossed it continues a bit.

Oh my god please make Mid a party character, she's everything this group needs...

Jinx
06-24-2023, 11:48 PM
I LOVE HER

Loony BoB
06-24-2023, 11:58 PM
Sidenote because I keep forgetting to mention it: I bought everyone a round of drinks at the bar and it did nothing at all. I don't know what I was expecting, but something - an achievement, a few more people appearing, a little dialogue - anything would have been nice! Worst 10k I ever spent :p

Jinx
06-25-2023, 12:01 AM
Oh my god, I didn't even know you could do that! Haha. I did get the achievement for petting Torgal very soon after starting the game on Thursday, because I wanted to show Denmark, then just kept petting him...we both had a good chuckle when it popped up.

Loony BoB
06-25-2023, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I got that one too, quite early on - back in the Greatwoods, I think. :D I like random achievements for little things on the journey. There are so many achievements left in this game, too, that are hidden... I hope a number of them are to do with minigames. You know, those minigames that are clearly waiting for us, just around the corner. Including the fishing minigame.

I WANT MY MINIGAMES DAMMIT

Jinx
06-25-2023, 12:06 AM
I'm sure this game has mini-games, I'm sure of it :erm:

Loony BoB
06-25-2023, 01:46 PM
One other thing, now that I remember it: How many people here were excited to see what was in the Northlands and then they just instantly teleport us into Rosaria? I wonder if that was similar to Tifa's chapter in FFVII Remake, which I understand they cut due to budget/time constraints.

Psychotic
06-26-2023, 04:37 PM
Oosh. War Crimes: The Game just keeps on getting better. Bleak, dark and very un-FF. Very much Game of Thrones: Riverland simulator.

I like Kupka enough as a villain, despite being really fucking rage fuelled there's an element of cunning and calculating in all of his actions and his rise to power. But the old town square execution trope? Hugo Hugo Hugo, what are you doing?

Mid is fun but she also seems Mancunian so I instantly don't trust her.

Del Murder
02-05-2024, 07:17 AM
The Hugo fight was fun, one of my favorites so far. I liked his abilities. I wish we got more of them with the Titan powers. I also liked him getting carried off for a potential summon battle later. I did not want to end up fighting Titan in the middle of my hometown.

Torgal’s super saiyan mode is awesome.

Protect tutorial halfway through the game was super weird! But I do like magic having a use now.