PDA

View Full Version : Codecs

Dee
04-29-2002, 05:08 PM
I think I need a specific codec to view something, but I don't know what. I have the most recent Nimo pack but it doesn't seem to show the video either. I also have the most recent DivX codec. It's only sound.

Any suggestions? Well, if it will help, the video files I have trouble viewing are:

Gravitation - 9, 10, 11
NieA Under 7 - 12,13

crono_logical
04-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Latest DivX? As in version 5?

If that doesn't work as well as the Nimo codec pack, then I don't know what it could be.

Try opening it in VirtualDub and under File Information in the file menu, see what decompressor it's using (it'll be the decompressor's code if the codec itself is unavailable), and see if you can go from there when searching on Google.

That reminds me, something I want to know - can the normal DivX 5 codec decode video encoded using the DivX5 Pro codec, or not?

Dee
04-29-2002, 11:11 PM
I have DivX codec 5.01.

Problem is, I want to uninstall it but I couldn't find the uninstall program. ><

I'm afraid I don't have Virtual Dub. Should I download it?

crono_logical
04-30-2002, 12:12 AM
I don't know if any DivX version comes with an uninstall.

I'd get VirtualDub anyway, it's always good for the occasional clean-up of bad/corrupt AVI files or out-of-sync soundtracks. :p

Burtsplurt
04-30-2002, 10:16 AM
I think there should be an uninstall in the directory in the Start menu. At least there is on mine.

Dee
05-01-2002, 12:13 AM
Hohoho..... crono, you saved my arse again. =D

VirtualDub works!!

Thanks to you all for helping me!!