PDA

View Full Version : Award Synchronisation

Spatvark
04-29-2002, 10:07 PM
Something I was just thinking of... maybe we should synchronise all of the awards to one timeline?

What I mean is we've got the Writer/Artist of the month competition for now... then 3 months later, we have the Ciddies, then another 3 months later we have another Writer/Artist of the month competition and then the EoFF Writers Awards another 3 months later... so we don't overdose on the darn things...

Good idea? Crappy one? Improvements? Yay oder nay?

Garland
04-29-2002, 10:24 PM
Yay. If we combined all the award ceremonies into one day, we could go all out. Rather than a few small posts, do something big. I don't know what that would be exactly though.

Loony BoB
04-29-2002, 10:25 PM
I've been planning on doing the Ciddies in June/July for a bloody long time, I'm doing them twice a year as opposed to the four it used to be, and they always do better than the time before. I hope & think they do, anyway.

The Writer of the Month was actually suggested by numerous EoFF'ers, it's a one-off thing for now, and it's nothing huge. Just a little honour to amuse some people, eh?

But yeah - we don't want them all at the same time. This time it's just small though, remember that. We'll see how it goes. Doesn't look too great yet...

Stats:

24 hours of the Ciddies had over 60 of the 160 or so total nominations.

24 hours of Writer of the Month has bought in 4 nominators.

24 hours of Artist of the Month has bought in NONE. *dies*

Shlup
04-30-2002, 07:06 AM
Too many contests at once. No one cares anymore. I say deprivation is the way to go.

Maybe contests should be more regulated. At this point just anyone could pop up with a contest idea and stick it up, which is nice for them, but bad for member participation.

Nait
04-30-2002, 09:30 AM
I agree with Shluppy, there can be sensed a certain inflation of contests... Too many on the markets in a too small time-span. :)

This could be solved by making some contests annual or semi-annual instead of having them many times a year xP

Also, maybe there could be a page where all the past nominations, winners and contests could be published together with all that other Eyeson stuff there is, like RPGs and FanFics rotating around Eyeson? :)

Too bad that we've lost a quite alot of old contest threads :(

Burtsplurt
04-30-2002, 10:28 AM
Yep, I must admit I hardly ever vote in contests anymore. We seem to have the Screen Name competition every couple of months (I like it, but I think it happens too often), and then others pop up all the time. Synchonisation would be good.

I like the Ciddies though. They're usually amusing, and I always vote in them.

Loony BoB
04-30-2002, 06:20 PM
The Ciddies are only twice a year now, they used to be tri-monthly. And we have to have them at least that often imho, 'coz otherwise nobody would get their chance at Best Newbie etc =P Or something.

The others are purely for amusement. Leave me alone! *runs away crying* ;_;

angel
05-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
The Ciddies are only twice a year now

and guess who gets "least mature member" twice in a row :(

*sobbs*

Sakura Yume
05-02-2002, 06:36 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>In theory that's a good idea but I think we have to many competitions to do 3 monthly ones. We have (off the top of my head): the nickname comp, Ciddies, EoFF awards, Mr and Miss EoFF Pageant, Artist/Writer awards.

Shlup
05-02-2002, 07:53 AM
Oh, you know you love it, angel.

I call dibbs on Mister/Miss EoFF for September!

Calliope
05-03-2002, 04:56 AM
So that's:

*The Ciddies
*the screenname awards
*the best sig awards
*mr eoff
*miss eoff
*artist awards
*writer awards
*the eoff elections
*whatever else i've forgotten

too many and not enough space betwixt and between. i think. and towns, you spent waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time doing the ciddies last time xD *remembers your little line graphs and everything*

Agent Proto
05-03-2002, 05:26 AM
Mr and Mrs. EoFF should only happen once a year. :\ I'm in charge of the Screen Names and of course, I do believe that the Artists/Writer Awards are just for fun, nothing that should affect the whole forums. The Ciddies will be done twice a year by Daniel, and whatever. Everything else are done by our fellow EoFFers and not endorsed or whatever by the Staff, only to be stickied when needed. *shrugs*

Chaos
05-19-2002, 09:20 PM
Yeah, You should syncronise them all. I get so confused with all the competitions and stuff.
I think it's really like you've all been saying, keep them sparse.

Chaos

Shlup
05-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Mr and Mrs. EoFF should only happen once a year. :\ Once a year is so long... I was hoping to do it twice a year, but run them both at once. It's lame to have one right after the other, and the winners should be "crowned" together.

Also, the EoFF elections are dumb. *nod*

As far as I'm concerned, each even should take place twice a year. Or maybe the elections should be annual, and the screen name tourny should be tri-annual or something. I dunno.

All I know is that by the bi-annual system, the Ciddies should be in December and June, and Mister/Miss EoFF should be in March and September. I don't remember when any of the other events took place.

I don't know... I'm just trying to throw some ideas out there.

Loony BoB
05-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
Once a year is so long... I was hoping to do it twice a year, but run them both at once. It's lame to have one right after the other, and the winners should be "crowned" together.

Yes.

Also, the EoFF elections are dumb. *nod*
Yes.

As far as I'm concerned, each even should take place twice a year. Or maybe the elections should be annual, and the screen name tourny should be tri-annual or something. I dunno.
Not all events. The elections are always arse. ScreenName should be biannual too.

All I know is that by the bi-annual system, the Ciddies should be in December and June, and Mister/Miss EoFF should be in March and September. I don't remember when any of the other events took place.
Yes. And the Elections were held around December.

I don't know... I'm just trying to throw some ideas out there.
I like 'em for the most part. *nods* *supports*

Agent Proto
05-20-2002, 09:04 PM
Since I originally planned to do the EoFF Screen Name tournies once every three months, or once a season, I think I'll have to move that to once every four months. Heh. :p

Loony BoB
05-20-2002, 09:35 PM
Yup yup. I remember the last one wasn't as memorable. xD

Shlup
05-21-2002, 10:13 AM
If you run it every four months it'll run into other contests every once in a while. That's the only problem I see. I guess it's not a real problem though, as long as you and the other person don't over lap them or run them immediatly after each other durring those months.

I don't really care where the elections get stuck. I ignore them anyway. I hate politics! Xp

Britt
05-21-2002, 09:37 PM
The EoFF elections are so utterly moronic. I don't think they should be held anymore.

Calliope
05-22-2002, 06:43 AM
you mean there was supposed to be a point to the elections? i just thought it was a giant spamfest xD

Shlup
05-22-2002, 06:44 AM
Ditto the last two posts. I tried to get into them last time, but it just got on my nerves.

Nait
05-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Oh, well :( I guess it was kind of dumb. Or "utterly moronic".

Loony BoB
05-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Not your fault, mate. It's only the fault of what they are, regardless of who runs 'em.

Nait
05-22-2002, 07:43 PM
I've said so before, and I'm going to say it again:

":P xD"

Shlup
05-22-2002, 11:27 PM
It was a good idea, it just turned out to be pointless. Plus I really hate politics. And my dad wants me to be a senator. Pfft.