PDA

View Full Version : MP3 to CDA?

Bannor
05-20-2002, 05:38 PM
It is possible. I mean I have loads of mp3 and I was wundering if there is ne way to convert them to cda? Or do I have to go out and buy a CD/MP3 player?

crono_logical
05-20-2002, 06:04 PM
How do you mean CDA? You want to burn them onto CD?

As far as I know, a cda file is just a pointer on a audio CD telling the PC where to look for the beginning of that particular trac, which is basically stored as uncompressed 44.1 kHz Stereo WAV file. But most decent burning programs should be able to convert the MP3 to the right format when you burn anyway.

Bannor
05-20-2002, 06:12 PM
No I mean I what to make it so that my ordinary cd player can read cd's with mp3 on them. How do I do that?

crono_logical
05-20-2002, 06:20 PM
Nope, anordinary CD player can't read MP3 CDs, nless it specifically says it can. If it can't, you have to burn the tracks as a norml audio disc for it to play. This means they'll be converted to ful WAV on the CD, which is what a normal CD player reads.

If it can read MP3 CDs, use something like Easy CD Creator, tell it you want to make an MP3CD, and just drag-drop what files you want to burn onto the CD, and no converting is really necessary in this case.

You'll have to check the manual for your CD player to see if it can read MP3 CDs or not though.