PDA

View Full Version : Optional layout...?

jinzai
05-22-2002, 05:59 PM
By the way,EOFF is excellent & I think all the admins & mods did a wonderful job on the forums...:D

I was just wondering if it would be possible to have more/different layouts? Actually, I mean, can we have like different colors to choose from when we view the forums? The dark blue theme that's currently in use is nice, but it'd be nice to have others (maybe 2 or 3) to choose from in case we get tired of the current one...like maybe reddish theme, grayish, or greenish? Just wondering...

I'm new here, so forgive me if this has been discussed before or if EOFF had another layout in the past...:eep:

The Man
05-22-2002, 06:14 PM
It might be an interesting idea. However, all the text people have written in custom spoiler tags (by colouring their text the same colour as the boxes in their current incarnation) would be highly visible if one were viewing the forums in, say, red. I suppose that an administrator could code an immensely complicated algorithm to search for and change all instances of the strings "012033" and "002942" (the current box colours, dark and light respectively) to the appropriate new box colours for those viewing the fora with said colours, but that would also, most likely, slow down the boards too much. Either way, there would probably be other logistical problems with allowing users to change the box colours, too, but I don't know exactly what they are since I'm not entirely sure how message boards work.

I personally like the blue theme too much to part with it in any case, though I admit it would indeed be mighty interesting to see what the fora might look like in red, green, or somesuch other colour. Still, I'm not sure it's a worthwhile use of anyone's time to do something that, in all likelihood, will slow down the speed of the boards.

Peace
The Man

Loony BoB
05-22-2002, 06:36 PM
I reckon one of the reasons EoFF is so great is coz of it's traditional colour scheme. I don't see it changing anytime soon, not even as an option. These colours ARE EoFF, imho.

Dr Unne
05-22-2002, 06:40 PM
The VBB has the option to let users pick from different color schemes, but the colors are sort of a part of the MB, like BoB said. They're not so bad anyways.

Shlup
05-22-2002, 11:25 PM
Needs more pink!

Oo, pink EoFF... what a thought. *drool*

Sakura Yume
05-23-2002, 12:33 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>I don't think that'd be such a good idea as in some of the other forums I go to have optional layout and they can't read half the text of other people's posts as lots of people use custom values and on different colours they won't show up. Anyways.. this colour is great. *luvs it* It wouldn't affect me that much if it was changed cos I plan on sticking to this one.

Big Ogre Umaro
05-23-2002, 05:15 AM
Personally, I have been wanting extra layouts for some time now, as the current layout sucks hardcore. There is NO harm in extra layouts. I just don't know who to talk to to get things DONE anymore. >=|

Garland
05-31-2002, 08:10 AM
For some reason, I thought there already were extra layouts. I vaguely remember seeing an option flipping through the site a while back. Because of that, a few months ago, when I logged on, and the forums were displayed in a pink/purple color scheme with no logo, and looked totally different, I thought I screwed something up. Anyway, new color schemes wouldn't be a bad thing, but aren't a big deal either. I like the black and blue motif.

musashius
06-10-2002, 11:37 PM
I like this layout. Sure, it's kind of bland and it's getting old... but it feels great to come back from a long absence to see that not much as changed in terms of visual effects.

We've had this layout for way too long and I've become kinda... clinging towards this layout.

C'mon... for the sake of the oldbies!

Yeah... I know, I know... the oldbies can just keep the layout as it is if that's what they want... but being able to choose different layouts would just be... different, in my opinion.

Regardless, I still prefer not to have different layouts. People will become picky if you give them options.

crono_logical
06-11-2002, 12:20 AM
"The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black". -- Henry Ford

Or in this case, the users can have any colour EoFF so long as it's dark blue :)

Loony BoB
06-11-2002, 06:28 PM
Unne - there are options? In EoFF? I'm not sure I read that right.

Mushy - Oh, phhhbt, like newbies would be getting tired of this layou anyway. They're NEWBIES.

crono_logical
06-11-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
Unne - there are options? In EoFF? I'm not sure I read that right.

vB provides options, just that there aren't any at EoFF, that's all :p

musashius
06-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
Mushy - Oh, phhhbt, like newbies would be getting tired of this layout anyway. They're NEWBIES.

Yeah... but some of them may not like the layout to begin with. :p Phhhbt!