PDA

View Full Version : Physical Fighters!

Master.Pug
05-22-2002, 07:06 PM
I love the Dragoon-Job!!!
Dragoon's lookin cool!
With handy spears and there Jump-Abilitiy is unbeatable cause you can't get hit when y in the air!:)
With 4 Dragoons using Dragon Lance, even Shinryuu is pretty easy!
What do you think.Which physical is your most famous?!
(left out all Mages, Geomancer, Chemnist etc, because they're no real Fighters!:mog: )

crono_logical
05-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Archers - gotta love the X-Fight ability :)

Master.Pug
05-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Think I forgot the Mystic Knight...but he also uses Magic...!
Don't think he right here...:whoa:

Lindy
05-22-2002, 08:36 PM
well, Magic Knights are a physical class, though they cast Magic upon their sword to endow it with a magical element..so I'd say they were a physical class..

Dragoons are the best, the easiest (though not cheapest) way to kill ShinRyuu, what with the nice 8 Dragon Spears....

bennator
05-22-2002, 09:06 PM
I prefer the Ninja, because I'm a huge sucker for two swords, and throwing can be useful.

The Man
05-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Bare, all Mastered Jobs. *nods*

*doesn't see it as an option*

Hm... of the classes you mentioned, I might like Dragon Knight most because when the Pimp is a Dragon Knight, he looks exactly like a Dragon Knight from an earlier series entry, who also happens to be my favourite game character. That said, I'd say that either Archer, Ninja, Monk, or Samurai would have to be the best, but still...

*doesn't vote*

Peace
The Man

mog42
05-22-2002, 10:12 PM
It's customary to end a sentence with a period, not an exclamation point!:p

I like archers the best. They have !X-Fight and !Aim abilities, and almost nothing gets on my nerves more than monsters with super high evade. With Archer skills, attacks will never miss, even against monsters like Omega.

I don't really consider bare a job class. It's the absence of job classes, just like a vacuum is the absense of matter. I wouldn't call a vacuum a type of matter.

Master.Pug
05-23-2002, 02:44 AM
@ The Man

Left Bare out because its not a real job(crystal piece)

Moose Knight
05-23-2002, 02:45 AM
I'm stuck between Samarai and Ninja. You can't beat attacking with excalibur and Masamune at the same time and the mighty Fuma does 7000 damage against NeoExDeath, yet $toss is irreplacable.

*Doesn't rock the vote*

The Man
05-23-2002, 02:53 AM
Perhaps I'm in the minority, then, for considering Bare a Job. However, since a Bare with all Jobs Mastered is far superior to a single Job, I can see a perfectly valid reason for Bare's having been excluded from the poll.

Forced to choose, now that I've had half a day to mull it over, I'm going to pick Samurai, because GilToss is my saviour, over the equally impressive Archer. *rocks the vote*
Peace
The Man

Marak
05-29-2002, 04:35 PM
Ninja. I HAVE to pick the Ninja, for a mulititude of reasons:
Throw. Combine with the Fire/Ice/Lit items (Fire Tech,etc. on the ROM). Whoop any monster group.
2-Swords. Combine with Mime and Monk Mastery. Whoop any single monster.
2nd Highest Speed bonus for Job Mastery. Thief who?
Also, since Speed is so high, a Ninja will almost always go first. Remember that little Throw command?
Coolness factor. Maybe not as cool as Dragoons, but close.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

2nd place is a tie between Dragoons (coolness factor, Butz as a Dragoon looks just like *sees The Man glaring at him*... well, uh, just go look!) and Monks (Counter, Best Vigor and Stamina, don't need weapons, attack twice).

Spuuky
05-29-2002, 10:09 PM
I voted for the Ninja, due to the combination of speed and power, mostly. I like the double weapons, too.

Shinko Tenshu
05-30-2002, 08:21 AM
I think dragoons look the best, but i voted for archer for one reason. !X-fight.

Master.Pug
07-26-2002, 08:41 AM
It seems that the Ninja s in front;)

Nemesis the Warlock
07-26-2002, 11:08 AM
I voted for monk, because of the high HP, as well as !Kick, !Build-up, Counter and !Chakra. Lenna and Faris look great as monks.
Berserker is my second favourite. It's nice not having to worry about one of the characters. And I sometimes make everyone a berserker. That enables me to eat my dinner while playing the game.
Archer, ninja and samurai are also great. I didn't have much use for dragoons. After spending a few hours looking for those legendary dragon spears, I decided they are just another silly rumour. I gave up on dragoons after that, since with the weapons I had for them, !Jump did exactly 0.00 damage to Omega.

Master.Pug
08-02-2002, 04:27 PM
Dragon Spears AREN't a rumor!

(download my savestate! I've got 9 Dragon Spears!!...it's in an older thread of mine):)

moon light
08-03-2002, 02:46 AM
monk:D

eestlinc
08-06-2002, 06:29 PM
well, the Dancer is the best physical job class, but it wasn't an option. Besides, the Bard is much cooler than you give him credit for being.

The Amazing Spiderman
08-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Ninja

Tyrael2000
08-16-2002, 03:15 AM
There is one other fighter that you left out, probably because it can be so much more. However, there is only one way to get a character with 2-Handed, !X-Fight, and Berserk.

In addition to that, it's the only job that can let you equip every single shield, armor/jacket, helmet, and relic. Well, except for the Ribbon, but that doesn't count because it has it's own icon.

Not only that, but this job let's you keep and use the stat bonuses and passive abilities of every other job that you have mastered, including itself.

And, when used at the right time, it can do every single active job ability in the game.

On top of that, the boss that you have to beat for it will fork over 50 ABP while you just sit back and watch. I won't say any more about that fight though, because I don't want to spoil it.

Have you figured out what this job is yet? I hope so, because there's only one job that fits even the first advantage.

The almighty Mimic.

Tyrael2000
08-16-2002, 03:18 AM
Ok, I know. I'm not allowed to say Mimic because it's too versatile to be a pure physical fighter (and it's not on the list). I must therefore go with the Monk, because it is the only job class BESIDES the Mimic that is ever able to use Kick.

Well, there is one exception to that, but it's not quite the same thing.

:choc:CHOCOBO KICK:choc:

Mattokenzi
04-15-2003, 12:27 PM
Ninja got my votethey are da bomb you gotta love the throw ability

eestlinc
04-16-2003, 09:29 AM
samurai is way good. even better than a dancer.

Hatu
05-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Archer because of X-Fight.
Dragoon are second because Dragoon Spears are hard to get and you get them too near end.

eestlinc
05-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Giltoss is the best skill in the game, hands down.

Flying Mullet
05-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc
Giltoss is the best skill in the game, hands down.

But it's so expensive if you're a tight-wad.

eestlinc
05-01-2003, 07:41 PM
what do you need Gil for anyway? all the good weapons and armor are free. Besides, Samurai has awesome evade.

Book
05-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Monk :love: