PDA

View Full Version : Recognized Powers

Shlup
05-24-2002, 08:46 AM
So I saw a typo in someone's thread title, and I thought to myself hmm, too bad that person can't fix that. Then I thought how awful would it be if I, a Recognized Member, made a typo and was unable to correct it. Oh, the shame!

So what do we think about that? Would that be a hard power to grant, the power to let RM's edit their own thread titles? I don't know how hard that would be to do, so that's why I'm asking. If it's a simple thing, then why not?

Acctually, more then fixing typos, I'd like to be able to edit the titles of my own threads for contests. If I am to continue to run Mister and Miss EoFF (which I hope everyone wants me to), I would think it would be much easier for me to change the title (and thus the contest status) myself, instead of having to bug BoB or Scott everyday. ;)

Well, I think it's a good idea anyway.

Loony BoB
05-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Although I don't mind being bugged, I reckon it'd be effin' great if EVERYONE could edit their own thread titles. *nods* Seriously... I mean, why not? I'm not sure it's possible to do so easily though. We'll see.

Daryl
05-24-2002, 07:46 PM
We already let you close your own threads, I don't see why we couldn't let you edit your thread titles.

crono_logical
05-24-2002, 08:24 PM
I never found that option in my copy of vBulletin, so either I didn't look hard enough, or it'd take 1337 h4x0r1n9 to make it work (well, not quite, but you know what I mean) :p

Shlup
05-25-2002, 04:05 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean, crono. That's a reason I wouldn't mind the idea being put down. I don't want someone to have to do a bunch of work to get a little thing when I can just ask other people. I was just thinking that it would be easier.

We already let you close your own threads, I don't see why we couldn't let you edit your thread titles. Well I don't see why you shouldn't.