PDA

View Full Version : People Browsing

Zell's Fists of Fury
05-28-2002, 07:53 AM
Well, here's my problem. A week ago I got the ability to see location, Admin/Mod, and Recognized Member again. That was all fine and dandy, but I recently noticed that I am unable to see the list at the top of the fora that tells me who is browsing the particular forum I'm in. Now, it's not that big of a deal, but it's a nice little thing to have. I was just wondering what happened and if it's possible to get it back.

crono_logical
05-28-2002, 10:24 AM
As far as I know, I think that's off by default except I think in 3 forums (the two daily ones and the archives) where it may have been forgotten to be removed. I guess you seeing them was part of the same thing causing you not to see locations/ranks or something :p *dunno*

Shlup
05-28-2002, 11:18 AM
I thought that feature was just taken out. *shrug*

I liked it.

Pancaek
05-28-2002, 03:22 PM
Yeah, CL's right. I just went to the archive, and I noticed that I could see who was browsing that forum, but when I went into a thread I couldn't see ranks or locations, and the table width was also screwed up. In the other fora it's so that you can't see who's browsing, but you can see ranks and locations and the table width is normal. Is it possible to edit the template so you can see ranks and locations <i>and</i> who's browsing?

Spatvark
05-28-2002, 04:38 PM
Another I#'ve noticed that's disappeared sonce I got my full sight back is the next, last thread buttons... I actually quite liked those... very useful if you're going through a forum with lots of threads with new replies in them...

Del Murder
05-30-2002, 05:19 AM
I agree. I would actually like those two features better than seeing the locations and recognized member titles and such. They weren't that cool looking after all.

Loony BoB
05-30-2002, 07:16 PM
I'm betting that it got removed with the three-month-old-thread-cuts, considering that the only forums that still have them are those ones, and those forums are able to have old threads. I think.

Chaos
06-16-2002, 10:26 PM
I liked that thing, I was wondering where it went as well.
Shame, it was handy.

Chaos

The Man
06-17-2002, 12:12 AM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Personally, I don't see why the Users Browsing This Forum feature is so detrimental. Supposedly, it's been disabled to protect users' privacy and to prevent them from being stalked. I don't understand the logic behind this, though, as if you want privacy, you can just browse in Invisible Mode. I wouldn't mind having the Next/Previous Thread buttons and the Users Browsing This Forum features reinstated for all users in all forums, myself. It might take a lot of hacking to get that to happen, though, and if that's the case, then it can wait indefinitely, as there are more important and less risky tasks to be accomplished in the meantime.

Peace
The Man<FONT COLOR=38E897>