PDA

View Full Version : FF in-game Font help

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
05-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Okay, does anyone know what the FF7/8/9/10 in game fonts are? As some of you may know I make modified piccies and i'm trying to make them look as real as possible, and to do that I need the original fonts that are used in the games.

Does anyone know what the fonts are and where to get them? It would be really helpful. Thanks

OWA

musashius
06-11-2002, 04:24 AM
I'm almost certain you can get them from the 'net. I'll help you out. Just keep on searching, and I'll also help you search... if I find anything, I'll post it in this thread.

By the way, I'm not too sure... but perhaps Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII has the font file in their PC versions? So if you found someone with the PC versions, the font might actually be installed somewhere... you just have to look for it. I'm not sure if that's how it works, though... so don't take my word for it.

06-15-2002, 09:04 PM
Thanks Mushy, but no luck I tried practically everywhere on the net and no luck. I tried looking through the installation files and stuff and no FF8 font either in the PC versions. Hmm guess I gotta keep looking =/ Thanks for your help though.

I suppose I should try finding alternative fonts that look like the real thing *shrugs*

The Man
06-15-2002, 09:10 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>I know nothing about the PSX FFs, but in FFVI, the Macintosh font Chicago 12 was used. I have no idea whether this will be helpful in the slightest. In FFV Anthology, a version of Chicago 12 with highly mutilated spacing was used, whose spacing rendered it nearly unreadable, but the FFVI font does not suffer from such nightmares and is very much worth finding, if you can do so.

I don't know how one would convert a Mac bitmap font to a Windows font, unfortunately, and even if I knew, I would probably be too lazy to post it.

Peace
The Man<FONT COLOR=38E897>

06-15-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks The Man I'll make a search for that font and see if any Windows versions come up. I need to start making funny pics of some earlier FF games as well as there is a lot of things I could satirize there, thanks again.

The Man
06-15-2002, 09:29 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Also, for FFVI, there's a ROM editor in which you can enter text and have it come out in the display font. Unfortunately, I don't have a link to this editor, which is very much worth finding. It was made by a gentleman named Yousei and can be found under "FF3 editor," if that helps you at all. However, only the newer, revised version of the editor edits the script at all on my computer, and I'm not sure how I distinguished between the versions initially.

It would probably be easier to type text into the editor and screenshot the results than to find a Windows version of Chicago on the Internet, assuming you can find the editor. Good luck finding it, though.

Peace
The Man<FONT COLOR=38E897>

syun_ukiya
06-17-2002, 02:29 PM
I have no idea where to get that file... So what happend in your search!? I'm not good at search engines!

The Man
06-17-2002, 05:09 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>I used Google, for starters.

I don't remember which query I used. If I find the link again, I'll post it here. If someone else does the same, I wouldn't mind them posting it here either.

I'd submit the program as an attachment, but it's too big.

Peace
The Man