PDA

View Full Version : Theres chrono Trigger , Chrono Cross an?d final fantasy but no secret of mana?

CecilThePaladin
06-03-2002, 12:01 AM
why is there no secret of mana?? i thought that game was as good as final fantasy and chrono Trigger i loved every minute of it so why is there no forum on it??

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-03-2002, 01:03 AM
Is the General Squaresoft forum overflowing with Secret of Mana threads? No, is isn't. If people would post about it a lot, then it would have its own forum. It's that simple.

Suggestions such as this one should be posted in the Feedback forum. This is logical. This is not complicated. *moves*

Loony BoB
06-03-2002, 02:11 PM
I wonder what people play more. Xenogears/Xenosaga or the Secret of Mana things... Heh. *still waiting for the closure of the Xenoforum*

crono_logical
06-03-2002, 04:46 PM
No, you can't close the Xeno forum, I've just got hold of Xenogears and am going to play it now :p

HOOTERS
06-04-2002, 12:40 AM
Yes there should be a secret of mana forum because i think there would be many people who would post in it. I would definately and if you have just one forum for all the secret of mana games then it will attract even more posts.

What the hell is Xenogears?!?!!!.......

The Man
06-04-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Hootenanny
What the hell is Xenogears?Heh, yeah, really. It's a game published by Squaresoft, but I highly doubt that nearly as many people have played it as have played Secret of Mana.

This idea has been posed several times, actually, including here (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19084), here (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16224), and here (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18597). Maybe the problem isn't that people aren't interested, but that they don't know where to look for forums.

Or maybe the threads that do get posted in General Squaresoft just get buried instantly. Actually, they do. Just look here (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16515), for Christ's sake. No one even responded to this lengthy essay I wrote, and apparently, only twenty-six people even knew the thread existed at the time I wrote this writing, or only twenty-six bothered to look at it. I predictably found it on not the first or even the second page in General Squaresoft, but on the third. I think that's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Maybe the staff need to reconsider their position on the HSL forum that so many people to be clamouring for. I know many, many people who would be made very happy just by the creation of an HSL forum. I'm one of them. And just talk to all my other friends who call HSL2 and HSL3 some of their favourite games. I can't tell you how happy it would make me for the staff to create such a forum.

Perhaps, for a trial period, we can add HSL to the Xenogears forum, which doesn't seem to receive much action as it is. It could be a symbiotic relationship, actually, as no longer would that forum receive so little activity that it was perpetually under the threat of being closed. I mean, really. Who would it hurt to try that? Can you honestly name anyone?

I'm still waiting.

Peace
The Man

crono_logical
06-04-2002, 04:12 AM
Another idea I got.

Seeing as this is a Final Fantasy site, the main forums should be FFs anyway.

Why not put all the other Squaresoft games into a subforum of the General Squaresoft forum? Xeno*, CC/CT, and the Seiken Densetsu series could each have their own subforums in there then, makes more sense, and helps with the large number of forums currently on the top level of the board :)

I guess other Squaresoft games people might think of/remember could also have their own subforums in there if they get popular enough. Only ones I can think of for now are perhaps Vagrant Story and Brave Fencer Musashi, though I don't think either are popular enogh even to have their own subforum at the moment - and there's also loads of older little heard of SNES ones by Squaresoft not popular enough for a whole subforum like Bahamut's Lagoon and Live-A-Live :p

Loony BoB
06-04-2002, 10:55 AM
I agree. I'll talk to the powers that be about that one, eh? *nods to crono*

Britt
06-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by The Man
Or maybe the threads that do get posted in General Squaresoft just get buried instantly. Actually, they do. Just look here (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16515), for Christ's sake. No one even <I>responded</I> to this lengthy essay I wrote, and apparently, only twenty-six people even knew the thread <I>existed</I> at the time I wrote this writing, or only twenty-six bothered to <I>look</I> at it. I predictably found it on not the first or even the second page in General Squaresoft, but on the third. I think that's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Your claim is a paradox, considering that there's an entire page of topics on the front page of General Squaresoft that... haven't been buried, yet. Considering that your thread was one of... two on the whole third page that DIDN'T see a reply, Man, it might be logical to assume that the problem with that thread is the <i>game</i>. People either <i>have not played</i> Seiken Densetsu 3, or know it only as Seiken Densetsu 3, and were confused by the name "Holy Sword Legend." There many be "many people" who want a Secret of Mana forum, but looking at the General Squaresoft forum, I'm not seeing the discussion to back this up.

As for a symbiotic Xenogears/Secret of Mana forum, I could see that maybe working. We aren't *considering* closing Xeno- I was under the impression that we *were* closing Xeno. But I don't know. We'll talk.

HOOTERS
06-07-2002, 01:59 PM
I agree, you should stop calling it Holy Sword Legend!
Its Secret of Mana godammit!

Anyway heres my soulution - close this useless feedback forum and rename it Secret of Mana. DaDa!

You can congratulate me later...

The Man
06-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Why not put all the other Squaresoft games into a subforum of the General Squaresoft forum? Xeno*, CC/CT, and the Seiken Densetsu series could each have their own subforums in there then, makes more sense, and helps with the large number of forums currently on the top level of the board :)I don't see any point in removing the Chrono forum, personally, as it receives enough responses, but I like the idea of a "Non-FF Squaresoft" forum.

I guess other Squaresoft games people might think of/remember could also have their own subforums in there if they get popular enough. Only ones I can think of for now are perhaps Vagrant Story and Brave Fencer Musashi, though I don't think either are popular enogh even to have their own subforum at the moment - and there's also loads of older little heard of SNES ones by Squaresoft not popular enough for a whole subforum like Bahamut's Lagoon and Live-A-Live :p Shazam! (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18731)

If Kishi left anything out, feel free to give him a hard time. :D

Originally posted by Britt
Your claim is a paradox, considering that there's an entire page of topics on the front page of General Squaresoft that... haven't been buried, yet. Considering that your thread was one of... two on the whole third page that DIDN'T see a reply, Man, it might be logical to assume that the problem with that thread is the game.This is possible.

People either have not played Seiken Densetsu 3, or know it only as Seiken Densetsu 3, and were confused by the name "Holy Sword Legend." This is also possible. Still, I know a number of people who know it as Secret of Mana 2, even though its title is Seiken Densetsu 3 in the fan translation we received. Since I used both "Secret of Mana 2" and "Holy Sword Legend 3" in the thread title in question, I thought it was obvious which game it was about. But maybe it wasn't. I know that many people on these forums have played Holy Sword Legend 3 and know that its title is translated as Holy Sword Legend 3, and I find it hard to believe that not a single one even responded to the thread, even if to say, "I've never heard of this love triangle before, but I find it very interesting; please respond when you find out more."

I'll use "Seiken Densetsu 3" instead of either other title when I refer to that game in the future, however, as I'm fairly sure that is likely to attract a great deal more responses.

There many be "many people" who want a Secret of Mana forum, but looking at the General Squaresoft forum, I'm not seeing the discussion to back this up.I was horribly discouraged from even making further Mana threads, actually, when my thread died immediately. I think I'm going to stop letting that discourage me now. When I find a good idea for a thread topic, even if it's just something like "Your Favourite Character Story Background in Seiken Densetsu 3" (which is the title I will use in thread titles from now on, I guess), I'll post it and see if that works better. Perhaps it will.

As for a symbiotic Xenogears/Secret of Mana forum, I could see that maybe working. We aren't *considering* closing Xeno- I was under the impression that we *were* closing Xeno. But I don't know. We'll talk. Cool. I'm glad my suggestion finally got through. :D

Originally posted by Hootenanny
I agree, you should stop calling it Holy Sword Legend!
Its Secret of Mana godammit!Actually, in Japan, it isn't. It's Seiken Densetsu 2, which translates as Holy Sword Legend 2. Secret of Mana was instated as a title because Nintendo didn't like its licensed games to use the word "holy" at the time, especially in titles. Final Fantasy Side-Story: Holy Sword Legend was changed to Final Fantasy Adventure for the same reason.

Anyway heres my soulution - close this useless feedback forum and rename it Secret of Mana. DaDa!No, that wouldn't work. The Feedback Forum isn't useless at all.

Peace
The Man

crono_logical
06-07-2002, 03:18 PM
I'd rather you stuck to official names where possible (Japanese or English), The Man, less confusion that way :D

*remembers the thing about "7"* xD