PDA

View Full Version : The Ciddies! Nominations open, now!

Queen Award, First of Her Name
06-03-2002, 02:43 PM
And the award for Best Member goes to... Dr Unne!

Last December, the Ciddies were great. Over 150 members entered nominations, and even more voted in the finals. Over 150 members were in the final rounds, and I'm guessing about 300 recieved nominations. This stuff is just clucking kew.

And now, six months later, they're back!

Good times.

And the Ciddies are...

1) Best Member
2) Best Male
3) Best Female
4) Best Admin (no nominations)
5) Best Cid's Knight (no nominations)
6) Best Recognized Member (no nominations)
7) Best Veteran (see rules)
8) Best Regular (see rules)
9) Best Newbie (see rules)
10) Nicest Member
11) Evilest Member
12) Sexiest Male
13) Sexiest Female
14) Cutest Male
15) Cutest Female
16) Best Custom Rank
17) Best Avatar
18) Best Signature
19) Best Artist
20) Best Writer
21) Best Thread Starter
22) Best Spammer
23) Funniest Member
24) Wittiest Member
25) Horniest Member
26) Weirdest Member
27) Most Sarcastic Member
28) Most Respected Member
29) Most Productive Member
30) Cutest Couple

Most Likely To...
31) Become a Cid's Knight
32) Become a Recognized Member
33) Get Banned
34) Be God
35) Be Satan
36) Go to Heaven
37) Go to Hell
38) Go insane, should EoFF disappear
39) Start the next internet craze
40) Get arrested for public nudity
41) Become rich and famous
42) Become poor and homeless
43) Star on a talk show
44) Spend hours looking for their watch while wearing it
45) Get run over by a tricycle
46) Be riding the tricycle
47) Laugh at the member getting run over by the tricycle
48) Be the next James Bond
49) Be the next Bond Girl
50) Be picked last.

And now for the fine print.

Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than two awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
Rule #2 - You can nominate any one member for no more than five awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them.
Rule #4 - PM nominations to Award Guy, not Loony BoB.
Rule #5 - PM your nominations by the closing date. (not yet known, of course)
Rule #6 - Do not spam up the Ciddies Thread with self-advertising.
Rule # 7 - You can not nominate more than one person per award. If you do, I'll take the first one you've nominated.
Rule #8 - You can't be nominated for avatar, custom rank and/or sig if you do not have an avatar, custom rank and/or sig.
Rule #9 - You can change your avatar, custom rank and/or sig during nominations and finals. This shouldn't cause any major issues, as you can only earn what awards you recieve, be the votes late or early, that's your problem.
Rule #10 - Changes can be made once, and additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
Rule #11 - You can only be nominated/voted for one of the 'rank-categorized-awards'. Best Admin, Cid's Knight and Recognized Member have automatic entry for all of the obvious included members. All other people with custom ranks are considered veterans, and all other members are either regulars or newbies. Regular Members are those who have joined over 3 months ago, and Newbies have to have joined less than 3 months ago. Exactly 3 months? Ehhh... Newbie. And this goes from exactly 3 months from the time nominations opened, not when you decide to nominate.

*deep breath*

Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
Also - The Cutest Couple award does not count into the five nominations for another member of your choice, or your self-nominations (Thanks, Raf ;))
Also - All nominations are strictly confidential - the only people with access to the Award Guy account are Agent Proto and Loony BoB, and Agent Proto will only use the account if instructed to do so (ie, if some disaster occurs and I need to send out dozens of PM's to all the members that have already nominated/voted, as the case was last time).
In addition to that - You can not post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread will be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
Also - To be nominated into the second round for an award, a member must obtain two nominations in that award. However, should eight members all recieve three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for four members recieving four nominations each, and so on.
Also - Let's keep it fun :) GO! Nominate!

Nominations will close 11pm Sunday (9th of June), GMT. Or if I'm not there then, it'll be when I next arrive. But we'll say 11pm, coz that's most likely.

Big thanks to Ashley, pr00t and Daaaaaaryl for helping me come up with the above awards, and all those who influenced/inspired our decisions in the Feedback Forum. *loveloves you all*

Nait
06-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Toocoo goodness. =D

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Roogle
06-03-2002, 04:39 PM
I wonder who the Award Guy is...

Nait
06-03-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Roogle
I wonder who the Award Guy is...

If Award Guy was SuperBoB, Clark BoNt would wear sunglasses... Or something @_@

Or if BoBman would drive his BoBmobile, RoBin would sit beside him @_@.... Or something.

crono_logical
06-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Er, Award Guy tells you in his Sig. :)

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
06-03-2002, 06:45 PM
xD @ Nait

How many of these awards are the same as the ones 6 months ago? I missed the ciddies then.

Burtsplurt
06-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Alrighty, I'll try and nominate for more categories than I did last time. I'm aiming for at least 50% this time round. Wow.

(So we can't just vote Unne to win everything??! That's just harsh :) .)

Spatvark
06-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by One Winged Angel
How many of these awards are the same as the ones 6 months ago? I missed the ciddies then.

<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17797">Check them for yourself</a>

Roogle
06-03-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Er, Award Guy tells you in his Sig. :)

It's called sarcasm... err... THAT AND I didn't see the signature in the first place... xD

Spuuky
06-03-2002, 10:53 PM
Nominating one's self is reprehensible.

Killy
06-03-2002, 10:53 PM
all done :)

Spatvark
06-03-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Spuuky
Nominating one's self is reprehensible.

I'm reprehensible? Oh bugger...

Alpha
06-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Cool the ciddies, this is the third i've seen.

Good luck Looney bob!

Ferenan
06-04-2002, 12:11 AM
Oh this looks fun... *votes and such*

Sakura Yume
06-04-2002, 04:40 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>I could've sworn this is the second ever Ciddies... *confused by Alpha* *votes and the likes*

Alpha
06-04-2002, 05:26 AM
Hmmmm...now i'm confused. I'll try to remember if i'm right or not.

Britt
06-04-2002, 06:12 AM
More like the... fifth or sixth ever Ciddies, or so. :P

Sheik
06-04-2002, 06:50 AM
Another event... but since this is my first I'll just watch and see.
Goodluck everyone!;)

Shlup
06-04-2002, 08:29 AM
Woo, Ciddies time! *is excited*

I've never been nominated for these before, so I don't expect to start winning this time around, but these are still fun to participate in. Though I'll probably get nominated this time... I think I'm full of myself enough by now to promote my glory.

06-04-2002, 10:42 AM
Well, these are the second ever Ciddies, but about the seventh set of EoFF awards. So yeah.

Oh, yeah - the reason they're called the Ciddies is coz our wonderful and fearless leader has his head stuck on an Emmy or something. *waits for the link to the picture*

Nait
06-04-2002, 10:50 AM
*searches for Mik posts with Ciddies. @_@*

http://mikztsu.homestead.com/files/trophy2.gif

>=D

Dr Unne
06-04-2002, 06:01 PM
No "Most likely to be hit by a bus"? Come on! It's a tradition, darn it!

Zell
06-04-2002, 06:17 PM
I think there should be a chat Ciddie too, for people who don't post much at the forums(*points at himself*).

And the traditional "Most Immature Member"-one is missing also.:p

Calliope
06-04-2002, 10:32 PM
and what about most likely to get together? and why is it a tricycle this time? hmm? and most missed member?*sighs*

Agent Proto
06-04-2002, 11:05 PM
We certainly don't need those this time around. Well, don't worry about it. :)

Advent Child
06-05-2002, 01:58 AM
35) Be Satan
40) Get arrested for public nudity
42) Become poor and homeless
45) Get run over by a tricycle
46) Be riding the tricycle
47) Laugh at the member getting run over by the tricycle
49) Be the next Bond Girl

go me?

vote for me in those! last time I was nominated for get hit by a truck, drive the truck, and laugh at the one being hit by the truck. w00t? I wanna do it again! the others are just for fun =P

Twisted Heat
06-05-2002, 04:22 AM
I think these are really great, but I don't know enough members to do anything about it *whines uncontrollably*

Pancaek
06-05-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by LuNaTiC jEsTeR
last time I was nominated for get hit by a truck, drive the truck, and laugh at the one being hit by the truck.

That was an ambulance. ;D

Good luck to everyone. =)

crono_logical
06-05-2002, 04:46 AM
*gets nominating and voting mixed up* xD

Altaizen
06-05-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by crono_logical
*gets nominating and voting mixed up* xD

[21:19:33] *** cl_out changes topic to 'Welcome to #EoFF. Main page is active again || Ciddies are back, it's voting time again'

Indeed, oh well atleast Evan changed it.

angel
06-05-2002, 09:52 AM
whow.. at least no more "least mature" member thing....

meaning i won't be voted anything this year.....

WHOPPIN!

Scottie
06-05-2002, 12:28 PM
How about most likely to love thongs, angel? *adds it last minute*

06-05-2002, 06:28 PM
The bus was changed into an ambulance and now a tricycle. That's just me finding buses so boring. I spend about three hours on a bus a day. I'm beginning to hate them.

Most Missed, Most Mysterious, and a few others were not included as the winner will probably never change. I mean... seriously, who could overthrow Sean and Kishi?

Least Mature and Biggest Suckup were dropped by popular demand, and other awards have changed for the sake of variety and the hope that more members will get a chance, instead of some people going 'Well, I voted for this person last time...' or 'Well, this person won last time...'

Y'no.

Oh, yeah - as I did it last time, I'll do it again:

In 24 hours...

24 members had submitted their nominations.
654 nominations were made.
105 members had been nominated.
42 members had two nominations for at least one category.
1 member had at least two nominations in each of eight Ciddies.
Another member had at least one nomination for fifteen Ciddies.
Three Ciddies had not one member with more than one nomination! >_<;;

Now, eight more have submitted. *goes to count*

Calliope
06-05-2002, 09:36 PM
*laughs* it's only been 24 hours and Award Towns has already started with the statistics! Bring on the line graphs! *waves a little flag*

06-05-2002, 10:07 PM
If I do THAT, who would I show? Mum?

...Mum...

*goes to draw little line graphs*

Cute&Dangerous
06-05-2002, 10:50 PM
*is being forced to come back to vote*

This is the only place where I've acctually won an award! ^_^

Calliope
06-06-2002, 03:31 AM
hehehe...poor Towns' Mum :D

and he'll drag out last year's lot as well :D

Del Murder
06-06-2002, 08:01 AM
*nominates, finally*

And as always, I offer my services as an enforcer for this contest.

*enforce mode*

Halan
06-06-2002, 08:36 PM
*takes some time at work to nominate*

I could be shot for this! Well...sorta...

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
06-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Well, I have no chance but I'd be happy if I nominate someone who wins. *Gets'a Nominating*

06-06-2002, 10:08 PM
imnotusnit: 9) Best Newbie (see rules) - Loony Bob. Not Loony BoB.
imnotusnit: *vote vote vote*
loony_bob: xD
loony_bob: I'm not allowed to be voted best Newbie *sigh*
loony_bob: Stupid rules.
imnotusnit: YES YOU ARE.

*chuckles* Kildy is kew.

But yeah, a LOT of people are nominating Admins, Cid's Knights and Recognized Members for Best Veteran... you can't do that, I'm sorry. They/We have their own awards ;)

Spatvark
06-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Well, i finally got my custom rank BUT in accordance to the rules here, I'm only elligible for the Best Regular, not the Best Veteran category...

This has been a Public Service Annouincement on behalf of the SBT (Spatvark's Benefit Trust)

Knox
06-06-2002, 10:34 PM
<-- kildy

fer you n00bs. :P

merizabeth
06-06-2002, 10:40 PM
I really think there should be a category for 'most irritating sig'... boy have I got a nominee for that one...

Del Murder
06-07-2002, 03:27 AM
It's not irratating if you don't push the button.

*wishes there was a 'Best Enforcer' or 'Best Del' category, though he'd lose both*

Britt
06-07-2002, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Award Guy

imnotusnit: YES YOU ARE.

*votes for Daniel because Paul said he could*

Calliope
06-07-2002, 05:55 AM
last year I nominated Award Guy for best newbie :D

Mikztsu
06-07-2002, 10:19 AM
*after being mentally, physically and sexually harassed by Award Guy on several occasions finally sent his nominations* >=\

This will be fun to watch again.*_^

angel
06-07-2002, 11:02 AM
How about most likely to love thongs, angel? *adds it last minute*

if anybody votes for me .. i will force the identity of the criminal out of him and hunt down that arse!

YOU ARE WARNED

06-07-2002, 06:23 PM
44 people have entered their nominations, and all of their nominations combine.... 1249 of 'em. Rawk on. Last time I got more than 50 sets. This time I want over 60 >=D Keep 'em coming!

EDIT: And here's the Ciddie without the white fuzzy edges: We all love Mindy (http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/mindflare/trophy2.gif)

The Man
06-08-2002, 01:42 AM
How about, "Only newbie ever to break 2500 posts while still being a newbie?" Yes, yes, that hasn't happened yet, but believe me, it will. And yes, I know, the categories are set in stone already. Hence this OOC tag.
Yes, yes. I'm sending in my nominations now. *apparently, is still a newbie, and will be for another six days, and guesses that means that for the purposes of the Ciddies, he's a newbie*

Peace
The Man

CloudDragon
06-08-2002, 01:58 AM
I nominated yesterday. I was suprised I was able to nominate as many as I did, but it 'twas fun. Good luck to those who get nominations!:D

Shlup
06-08-2002, 06:13 AM
I was bored, so....

http://www.boomspeed.com/shlupquack/ciddie.gif
Ya, I know, the old one's better. I was just bored... ;)

Mikztsu
06-08-2002, 07:58 AM
*laughs* No, this one's better Shluppers.;) Well, anyone who wins could choose which trophy to use. I don't personally seem to have the old trophy anymore even.

Sephex
06-08-2002, 09:26 AM
I had a dream the other day that I won one of these things. But my dreams are screwed up and the award was like

"Person who hates cookies" or something.

Shlup
06-08-2002, 09:44 AM
I had a dream the other night that Daryl lived across the street from me and I never knew it. You just reminded me. I also had a dream the other night that my stomach was suddenly swollen with the terminal baby disease. That one freaked BJ out.

Nominations don't close until Sunday... It's only technically Staruday. Nominations results better be up no longer then 1 hour after nominations are closed, or a certain award-type person is going to have a lot of explaining to do. *is impatient*

06-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Damn straight they will be! >=D

EDIT: But seriously, I'm desperate for more nominations. PLEASE, I BEG YOU. If you haven't sent any, do. >_< We must beat that record!

EDIT: 1260 so far, the record is 1632 nominations. 45 people have sent in their nominations so far... meaning at least eight more sets are needed, given that you can make 47 nominations, tops.

EDIT: 50 sets, 1379 nominations... *hopes*

EDIT: 52/1406...

Loony BoB
06-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Alright everybody, I'm gonna motivate you with something real special.

I'm going to make The Official Safety Pin of the Ciddies!

And everyone who nominates will go into the draw to win it. If they win, they get it sent out to them with a letter of recognition from none other than Award Guy himself. Rawk on!

If the winner doesn't want to give out their address, then I'll do another draw. *nods*

Ferenan
06-08-2002, 03:57 PM
"Person who hates cookies" or something.

You've got my vote, Sephex. I have weird dreams like that too :) I actually had a dream about this web board before, and i remembered it like last week, but i completely forget it now.

06-08-2002, 08:27 PM
Woo! Five more sets, and 165 more nominations, and both records will be broken! =D Bring it on, baby!

*gets excited*

musashius
06-08-2002, 09:09 PM
I wanna win the Inactive Ass-hole Award!

krissy
06-08-2002, 09:24 PM
My vote goes to you, Chris. ;)

Loony BoB
06-08-2002, 10:21 PM
Waaaaah, I'm so psycho. Okay, I gotta post it SOMEWHERE:

<center>MUSHY
IN
THE
HOUSE!</center>

*doesn't recall getting this hyped over a return* *dies*

I'm so hyper tonight.

I'm so.... musashius =DDDDDDDDDDDDDd! Woo. xD

musashius
06-08-2002, 10:23 PM
<center>DANIEL AM CRAZY</center>
<small>Okay... *stops spamming... gets bricked*</small>

06-08-2002, 10:38 PM
NEW RECORD!

60 people have submitted nominations! =D I love you all!

Now to get the other one.... we're on 1581 total nominations, and we need 1633... that's, like, one more full set.... or something.... hehehe, okay, two sets are needed, then. YAY. PLEASE, if you haven't nominated, DO IT BEFORE I EXPLODE!

*still going insane* xD Whooooooeoeejoifewtoiaeo[hjg[weqageqage4g34

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-09-2002, 12:13 PM
I do believe it is the ninth ;D. LET THE VOTING BEGIN! (I hope)

crono_logical
06-09-2002, 12:19 PM
I think nominations close 2300 GMT tonight, or midnight LBT (Loony BoB time) :D

*notes this is the second 100,000th post in Gen Chat since he moved/archived the other large thread out of this forum* :D

*wins by cheating* :p

Del Murder
06-09-2002, 06:42 PM
:eep:

Ah, what a waste of an entire day!

06-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Nominations are closing in one hour, I'm already typing up the results as we speak.

Last chance, everyone ;D

DarkViVi
06-09-2002, 09:28 PM
I vote for anyone who looks like LuLu or Yuna or Rinoa or Tifa

crono_logical
06-09-2002, 09:37 PM
Pfft, it's still nominations, not voting time yet, and you're supposed to do it by PM anyway :p

06-09-2002, 09:42 PM
Something tells me that vote wouldn't be serious, crono xD *thwackage* *goes back to typing*