PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Post Videos on the Web?

Rampala
06-03-2002, 04:02 PM
Hey all,
I've finished my second video compilation, but this one is actually good! LoL :)
Anyhow, I'd like to post it on the web so I can share with y'all and all my friends. If anybody can help me out in this area I'd be much abliged. Thanks!

musashius
06-11-2002, 04:20 AM
Depends on how big the file is.

How big is your video (in terms of bytes)? You probably wouldn't bother buying your own webspace just for a video... so maybe you can look for some free webspace providers online that offer the amount of MBs you are looking for.

Once you have found the amount of webspace you are looking for, you just kinda... upload the video.

Rampala
06-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Yeah, problem is, it's pretty big.
60 MB as a .mpeg. Hmm.
I don't know any places that host more than 50 MB.

crono_logical
06-11-2002, 10:47 PM
As an MPEG at the moment? Maybe try reencoding it as a DivX AVI to help cut down on size?

Rampala
06-12-2002, 04:14 AM
What's the easiest way to do that?

musashius
06-12-2002, 04:53 AM
I don't know, personally... but http://www.download.com usually has a bunch of useful stuff.

As for uploading it to the 'net... perhaps you can ask someone who owns a domain to upload it for you? Maybe if your video was temporary, then you can just have it on for like 2 weeks and then delete it.

Or maybe you can edit it somehow by cutting the video down into sections. So instead of one whole movie, you have sections that go together to form one movie.

crono_logical
06-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Get VirtualDub (an AVI editor) and the DivX codec. VirtualDub should be simple enough for most people to use, and it's help file is pretty good as well.

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
06-15-2002, 09:02 PM
Can anyone suggest any of these 50 MB webhosts to also store my FF Music Vids on? Oh and remember some sites give you 50 MB web-space but only allow 250k uploads, so boo to them. Any real 50MB hosts with 50 MB space for uploads?