PDA

View Full Version : Making a Quiz

Rampala
06-04-2002, 05:05 AM
Hmm,
I want to make one of those JavaScript Quizzes where each answer is awarded a value and based on how many points you accumulate you'll get various results. Like, those "What FF character are you?" Quizzes. I'm not sure how to go about it, since I'm not much of a Java person. *clings to HTML*
If anyone has an tips on how to go about it, or an easier way to do it, I'd love some help! Thanks!

Dr Unne
06-04-2002, 05:12 AM
You can download the code for it from some places. Like http://www.tesol.net/scripts/ A billion other places too.

crono_logical
06-04-2002, 05:14 AM
Well, Javascript would be easier than Java, yes :p

I guess all that happens is when the submit button is pressed, Javascript scans over all the selected buttons and adds a score depending on which button is pressed, then depending on the result, it takes you to a different page. I don't think muich else needs to be done really. I guess you could always try looking at the source code for some of those pages and see how it works :p

Dr Unne
06-04-2002, 05:18 AM
It'd probably be really easy to write in Perl too, if you know Perl. Downloading a pre-written one is probably best unless you know a programming language and have a lot of time to sit around and write a program for it.

Rampala
06-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Well, Javascript would be easier than Java, yes :p

I guess you could always try looking at the source code for some of those pages and see how it works :p

Actually, I look at the source codes quite often Crono, but like I said I'm not familar with Java or Javascript, at least not as much as I should be.
Thanks for the tip though. :) :p

Shoeberto
06-06-2002, 10:36 PM
<font color="#009999">
If you want to learn Javascript, I'd recommend checking out <a href="http://www.webmonkey.com">Webmonkey.</a> They have a good step-by-step tutorial to learning Javascript. It'll take a while to learn, but they have some things you could just copy and paste on it, too.