PDA

View Full Version : Preview in PM's?

Rampala
06-19-2002, 06:46 PM
This seems like something relatively simple, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

The preview button is great for posting and such so you don't have to go back and edit or accidently double post or anything. However, sometimes when I'm sending PM's I wish I had the preview option as well? I've sent many a PM's with incorrect codes and so on so tis annoying.

Anyone else think a Preview option would be useful in PM's?

The Man
06-19-2002, 07:00 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Absolutely. I can't tell you how many times I've done something stupid with vB code or HTML code and been unable to fix it. In fact, because we can't fix mistakes in private messages, I think the Preview option would be more valuable for PMs.

I intended to start a thread about this exact topic long ago, actually, but for whatever reason, I never did. I can't think of any reason why a Preview option for PMs would be a bad thing to spend time implementing, actually.

Peace
The Man<FONT COLOR=38E897>

Loony BoB
06-19-2002, 07:16 PM
It's a nice idea, yeah. But y'no what'd be even better? Previews for editing posts. I mean... when else would you need it more? *dies*

The Man
06-19-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
It's a nice idea, yeah. But y'no what'd be even better? Previews for editing posts. I mean... when else would you need it more? *dies* <FONT COLOR=38E897>Meh, they're both really good ideas. I motion that they be implemented as soon a possible, unless there's some pressing issue that prevents such a thing from being done easily.

Peace
The Man

Scottie
06-19-2002, 08:21 PM
We've made it a rule never to hack the VB again. (This decision was made many months ago after a certain instance)

I suppose it would be a nice idea, but problems occured when too many tweaks were made to the VB.

Rampala
06-20-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Scottie
We've made it a rule never to hack the VB again. (This decision was made many months ago after a certain instance)

I suppose it would be a nice idea, but problems occured when too many tweaks were made to the VB.

Ah, alright. If it's a problem I understand. I wasn't quite sure of the situation though. Thanks.