PDA

View Full Version : Question!

Lightning_Demon
06-19-2002, 10:18 PM
I see a massive list members... Yet also a wealth of inactivity. Is there a way to nuke members with 0 posts after 3 months? Just curious.

Killy
06-19-2002, 10:19 PM
I think it has to be done manually

Zifnab
06-19-2002, 10:22 PM
I know I'd like a certain user to be deleted *glares @ "Cloud"*

Ifrit's Bodyguard
06-19-2002, 10:23 PM
I think its a bloody good idea, but it has to be asked where you draw the line between those you keep and those you neuk. It's a shame so many good screne names wasted.

The Man
06-19-2002, 10:32 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>I believe the administration regularly goes and prunes the database of users who have never activated their accounts via e-mail confirmation. There are plenty of those, but everyone who has registered an account via e-mail and hasn't posted still deserves, in my opinion, to have his or her account remain available. The staff could also choose to email those who have never posted and ask them if they care about keeping their accounts, but that might be too much work for its own good.

I think this belongs in the Feedback Forum myself.

Peace
The Man<FONT COLOR=38E897>

crono_logical
06-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Yes, Feedback it is.

0-posters are pruned regularly, as far as I know. Even if they confirm it, if they don't post for a few weeks, why keep the account alive? They may have forgotton, and someone else may want the name, and if they don't post for that long anyway, it's no big deal for them to re-register, seeing as they're not exactly active anyway. :)

*moves*

Zifnab
06-19-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Yes, Feedback it is.

0-posters are pruned regularly, as far as I know. Even if they confirm it, if they don't post for a few weeks, why keep the account alive? They may have forgotton, and someone else may want the name, and if they don't post for that long anyway, it's no big deal for them to re-register, seeing as they're not exactly active anyway. :)

*moves*

"Cloud" hasn't posted since 07-03-2001 02:24 AM, and he only ever made 7 posts! DELETE HIM! :grr:

Scottie
06-19-2002, 11:08 PM
As shown in <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18800">this thread</a>, we delete these accounts every month or so.

However, no policy has been made in regards to posters with greater than 0 posts. We'll have to discuss that and formally create a policy on inactivity.

Rampala
06-20-2002, 05:43 AM
On another board I'm part of they're policy is anyone with under 10 posts (within a certain time limit, obvious, newbies don't get hit up about this for a few weeks) is deleted. Seems like a good policy. It also motivates members that want to stay to make at least a few posts. *nods*

crono_logical
06-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Problem is, if that rule is made known or easily availble knowledge to newbies, it may be pssible that many would aim for the 10 posts or whatever, and then forget about the place, so the problem still remains. I guess if the limit or method used to prune accounts was unknown to regular users, it may work. :p

Ifrit's Bodyguard
07-05-2002, 02:24 PM
I think that it could be put on a scale (if it is possible technically) i.e. those who haven't posted for 3 months who only have 3 posts in total would be struck of, however those who haven't posted in three months with 30 posts can stay, however someone with 30 posts who has been here for a year and hasn't posted for 11 months should be scrubbed and continue in this way so that it doesn't go either by a length of inactivity or a total post count but rather a combination of these.

Dr Unne
07-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Having inactive members isn't really hurting anything, other than having some names taken up that other people might want. If someone posts even once, it's nice to leave their account open. Maybe they had an FF question and got an answer, and in a month or two they might have another one.

mystic ice cube
07-05-2002, 11:47 PM
I guess inactive members is alright.....well, not for long.....if they have been inactive for a long time....like months, I guess it would be okay to.....remove them....