PDA

View Full Version : BIK FILE to avi

syun_ukiya
06-20-2002, 12:49 AM
Ei I wanted to know how to convert BIK file(the one I used in viewing FMV of FFVIII on PC) to avi?

crono_logical
06-20-2002, 11:58 AM
Look in the FF7 or FF8 forums (I think FF7), there's a thread with a link to ripping these sorts of things from FF7 and FF8 :)

Samuraid
06-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Go to http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm (the developers of the Bink video format) and download the "Rad Video Tools" package. It contains all the playing and conversion tools for Bink video.

Rampala
06-23-2002, 05:39 AM
Yeah, RAD tools is the way to go. Usually they come with once you download Bink Player though. If not, go to the link posted early and download them.

Once you've done that, open them up and you'll have a window in which you can find the file you want to convert. Find it and select it. Beneath you'll see a barrage of buttons, and naturally, pick the one on the bottom that says "Convert a File"

Once you've done that you'll see at the very top your file and a button that says "Output Type". Click that and choose .avi if it isnt' already selected. I'd suggest you leave the rest of the options alone if you aren't an advanced user. Then simply click "Convert". Before the file starts converting, however, you'll have a chance to select what type of frames you want. If you're planning to make a video compliation from the videos, make sure you compress them all to the same type of frames (to make it go smoother) or leave them uncompressed. (However, these files are Bink's for a reason- as avi's they're HUGE. So, I wouldn't suggest uncompressed frames unless you have a lot of space on your drive and plan to compress it afterwards or better yet- convert to an mpeg. That's the only problem with RAD tools, you can't convert to Mpegs. However, there are plenty of other programs to work with for that.)

Anyhow, I hope that's a little more detailed, and it helps. If you run into any problems let me know, I'd be happy to help since I've done this with the bink's/avi's, etc. a million times. :)

syun_ukiya
06-23-2002, 05:55 AM

growingemily
06-16-2011, 06:26 AM
The following will introduces a step by step guide on how to successfully convert BIK to various formats including MP3, AVI, WMV, WMA, WAV, MP4, H.264, MOV, RM, Xvid, DivX, 3GP, MKV, MPEG, WebM, VP8, ASF, MOD, TOD, VOB, AVCHD, MTS, 3GPP, MPEG-4, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG and more.

BIK Converter - Convert BIK to MP3, AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV and more (http://forums.eyesonff.com)

G13
06-16-2011, 11:01 AM
This problem has been resolved for nine years.