PDA

View Full Version : Cable Modems

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-20-2002, 10:01 PM
Okay, well I got a new Cable modem, so I can discard the piece of crap known as AOL. Unfortunatly, the Cable modem is angering me more than AOL.
I set the modem up and every thing is connected, including the line to the Cable jack, but the little light telling me whether or not it's connected to Cable won't turn on. Subsequently, I cant connect to the internet with it. I was just wondering what was wrong. (Yes, the cable people came out and supposevly activated the use of Digital Cable.) If anyone could help, I'd be really appreciative.

Yamaneko
06-20-2002, 10:39 PM
The only thing I can think of is that make sure your ethernet cable is hooked up to the ethernet jack in the back of your computer.

If this doesn't help, describe your problem in more detail. Maybe I can help.

Super Christ
06-20-2002, 11:09 PM
I got that too when I first got my cable modem put in - the cable company ended up having to work on the line feeding cable into my neighborhood. So you may want to call the cable company too, there could be some line trouble.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-20-2002, 11:31 PM
Yea, turns out all I had to do was call the company... I really should take the logical way out...

PS This can be closed now

Rainecloud
06-21-2002, 08:42 AM
I had the same problem. I called my cable company, and they replaced my faulty equipment.