PDA

View Full Version : Favorite FF6 Party

Denmark
06-22-2002, 07:53 PM
What are some of you people's favorite parties to take in FF6? I personally always take Terra/Tina and Celes. I like to take Edgar, Gau, Umaro, or Mog as the other party members.

The Man
06-22-2002, 08:02 PM
I always take Lock along if I have him. Typically I take a powerful magic user, like Relm, Tina, Celes, or Stragos. I also often take Mash or Shadow for their superb fighting abilities, and because it's fun to watch a yeti throw your characters at enemies, sometimes I'll bring Umaro. And then Mog's cool, 'cuz y'know, I gotta have my môgri, and sometimes I'll take Gau if some of his Rages would seem super-useful. Edgar's Tools rock, too.

Dunno, really. I generally found a use for every character in FFVI at some point in the game. The only ones I never used a lot were Cayenne and Setzer, because I didn't find much use for either SwordTech or Slot, and GilToss never seemed particularly powerful in FFVI. Still, I made them both into Kappa fighters with insane vigour, stamina, and vitality, and they absolutely ruled.

Peace
The Man

Denmark
06-22-2002, 08:09 PM
I forgot about Locke! I am going through the game for the first time, and am saving getting Locke back for the last thing I do before I fight the final battle. So actually, my party is Terra/Tina, Celes, Locke, and whoever else I choose (usually Shadow, Edgar, Gau, Umaro, or Mog). I would most likely take Shadow had I not killed the guy on the floating continent.

Lindy
06-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Lock - High natural speed + Ability to equip swords + dirks

Celes - Runic is very useful in a low level game, and in general also, plus she can equip the strong swords

Mog/Cayenne - Depends on how I feel, I like Mog's Spears, and his dances are very useful..but Cayenne has alot of raw power, and his Psycho Glitch is very nice...

Gau - You will NEVER find me without Gau, as soon as I get the Airship in the WOB, I go get Gau, his Rages give him versatility and serious power, you can get alot of spells with Gau that you'd get way before you can learn them normally....

The Man
06-22-2002, 08:41 PM
OOC:Generally, getting Lock is one of the first thing I do in the WoR, even though the Phoenix Cave is hella hard at the low levels I typically have at that point. I don't want to be without the Steal ability.

And yeah. Lock's speed is truly godly.
Peace
The Man

Griever
06-22-2002, 08:42 PM
Celes - Her magic is quite high and umm cool.
Terra - The medic
Locke - Lotso useful items to be stolen
Edgar - AutoCrossbow baby YEAH!

Lindy
06-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by The Man
OOC:Generally, getting Lock is one of the first thing I do in the WoR, even though the Phoenix Cave is hella hard at the low levels I typically have at that point. I don't want to be without the Steal ability.

And yeah. Lock's speed is truly godly.Peace
The Man

Well, the phoenix cave HAS been done at around Levels 8-10 or so, but I believe that most people attempting Low Level games skip out getting Lock as he raises the level average..

The Man
06-22-2002, 08:51 PM
OOC:
Originally posted by RyuKishi
Well, the phoenix cave HAS been done at around Levels 8-10 or so, but I believe that most people attempting Low Level games skip out getting Lock as he raises the level average.Nah. I just care about getting all the people back at as low a level as possible so that I can use the Genjû to give them godlike stats. But yeah, now that you mention it, I think that Lock might raise the level average, so maybe I'll get him later next time.

I doubt that the Phoenix Cave could truly be done at level eight. But woteva; I've never tried it. :p
Peace
The Man

The Amazing Spiderman
06-22-2002, 09:12 PM
I split my old party and made 2 new ones, I think they're balanced.

Shadow, Locke, Mog and Celes in the first team.

Edgar, Sabin, Terra, Gau (Magic pot rage) in the second one.

Lindy
06-22-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by The Man
OOC:Nah. I just care about getting all the people back at as low a level as possible so that I can use the Genjû to give them godlike stats. But yeah, now that you mention it, I think that Lock might raise the level average, so maybe I'll get him later next time.

I doubt that the Phoenix Cave could truly be done at level eight. But woteva; I've never tried it. :pPeace
The Man

Lock WILL raise the level average, you see, the game stores an internal count of the level, and each character that joins will join at the level of the counted average, no matter if you gain no levels at all (that is why if you level up to level 30, then Sabin Mash will join at that, but if you stay around level 10 then he will be aorund level 10). So, each character raises the average internally, which is why people who play LLGs avoid gaining any characters other than the necesary few (3 needed at least, if not 4 maybe)

EDIT : I WILL find you a person who has completed the phoenix cave at level 8, I know someone who has completed it at level 10...after all, the current record for the lowest level to beat the final boss at is 7.5 (thats the internal average I believe...after all Level 7.5 doesn't exist in game..)

The Man
06-22-2002, 09:22 PM
OOC:
Lock WILL raise the level average, you see, the game stores an internal count of the level, and each character that joins will join at the level of the counted average, no matter if you gain no levels at all (that is why if you level up to level 30, then Sabin will join at that, but if you stay around level 10 then he will be aorund level 10). So, each character raises the average internally, which is why people who play LLGs avoid gaining any characters other than the necesary few (3 needed at least, if not 4 maybe)Yes. Hence my agreement. I'd never really thought of how it would affect the party's level average to recover party members in different orders, but Lock's level is a lot higher and would raise that statistic. One day, if I have too much time on my hands, I'll find out the optimum order in which to recover characters in order to get the lowest possible party member levels. ;)

EDIT : I WILL find you a person who has completed the phoenix cave at level 8, I know someone who has completed it at level 10...after all, the current record for the lowest level to beat the final boss at is 7.5 (thats the internal average I believe...after all Level 7.5 doesn't exist in game..) Level 7.5 still confuses me, but woteva. Nah, I believe you, I guess, although that I heard from Kishi that the only game that people had truly beaten at super-low levels was actually FFV and that all the FFVI stories were rumours. But meh. Not like it matters that much to me.

This is horrendously off-topic. I'll stop now.
Peace
The Man

Lindy
06-22-2002, 09:25 PM
Agreed, very off-topic..but since it seems like a good topic..*will create a topic on Low Level Games*

err..a little on-topic-ness..

does anyone here use Setzer for Ragnarok attempted summoning, if they chose the Sword rather than the stone?

..just curious, as it is a party related question...

Eternal Sphere
06-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Agreed, very off-topic..but since it seems like a good topic..*will create a topic on Low Level Games*

err..a little on-topic-ness..

does anyone here use Setzer for Ragnarok attempted summoning, if they chose the Sword rather than the stone?

Are you talking about using his Slots ability for summoning? That's next to impossible, I think. I tried using Slots, but I keep failing too much. I'm sticking to his Fixed Dice instead. :p

Anyways, my main party would be:
Mog, Terra, Locke/Edgar and Celes.

Secondary:
Locke/Edgar, Sabin, Shadow and Shadow.

You Spoony Bard!
06-23-2002, 04:46 AM
My favorite party is -

Locke (Steal, as well as good attack power)

Terra (Magic powerhouse)

Mog (Moogles are cool)

Strago (Secondary magic powerhouse with an extra set of spells)

That's one of the parties I take to Kefka's Tower. The other ones are usually Celes, Edgar, Cyan and Setzer / Sabin, Shadow, Gau and Relm.

Umaro and Gogo get to be cheerleaders and sit on the Falcon all alone. :D

It IS possible to summon Ragnarok using the Slot command, but it's ridiculously hard. Three bars is already a fairly hard combination to get, and there's still many other espers it might choose. If you ask me, the odds resemble that of finding a Pink Tail in FF4.

Lindy
06-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by You Spoony Bard!
It IS possible to summon Ragnarok using the Slot command, but it's ridiculously hard. Three bars is already a fairly hard combination to get, and there's still many other espers it might choose. If you ask me, the odds resemble that of finding a Pink Tail in FF4.

I doubt that it is 1/4096(I think thats the odds..) or over, probably close to that evil number though....

The Man
06-23-2002, 07:34 PM
OOC:Actually, I believe the odds of getting a Pink Tail would be 1/65,536 or 1/65,025, because I believe there is a 1/256 (or 1/255) chance both of encountering a group of Pink Puffs and receiving a Pink Tail if you defeat such a group. At any rate, I'd bet the Genjû-summoning slot has a very small chance of getting you what you want anyway. Of course, you could always be a cheat and use save states or something.

But I never myself liked Slot very much, so I never used it much.
Peace
The Man

Pancaek
06-23-2002, 07:36 PM
I always take Celes and Edgar. Depending on the situation, I'll also include either Terra, Mog, Locke, Cyan, Sabin or Relm. I generally like having people who are strong both in magic and in fighting.

You Spoony Bard!
06-24-2002, 01:53 AM
I thought it was 1/64 for finding Pink Puffs, and 1/64 for them dropping a Pink Tail...

Either way, the odds are so low that it's not really worth the effort. Especially since Ragnarok tends to fail a lot anyway. :p

Squash Monster
06-24-2002, 03:34 AM
I like this party...

Mog : I find mog to be a good magic user, and besides, he is a dancing moogle, what isn't cool about that?

Edgar: Genji/Offering with some realy big swords. I used to have Sabin here, but thats no good, I have to send the swords somewhere else, and that does not work.

Cyan: I can get the big sword techs in all the time, since I have a Genji/Offering combo and someone with X-magic, I have time to spare.

Terra: Ultra magic user. I usualy have a lot of spells up at a time, and then I need flare. I don't have time for morph, but something usualy happens (like getting beserked) that does it for me.

I find the topic of what character is the best as a one person army. I like the x-magic/genji-glove combo on Terra for this.

Marak
06-24-2002, 08:24 AM
My Party, when I can get it:

Marak (Cayenne/Cyan): My namesake in this game. I'm not sure why, but I've always liked this character. He looks cool, he's honorable, and his Sword Techniques (Quadra Slice and Slam, especially) are quite powerful and a blast to watch besides. I mean, how can you argue with a swordsman/samurai who laughs whilst slicing his foes in twain?

Terra/Tina: I always need a good, solid All-Around Character in the Party, and Terra's it. I balance her Magic Power and Vigor, and thus she becomes good at both fighting (she always gets the Atma Weapon) and spellcasting (hell, she learns Ultima at Level 99, so I don't even need to teach it to her if I power up in the Dinosaur Forest.)

Edgar: His tools are just as powerful as Sabin's Blitzes, but without the arbitrary command inputting (which for me fails no less than 80% of the time for all Blitzes up to Fire Dance, and 99% for the rest). Plus, he's one of THE coolest looking characters - just MHO, of course - and if you pump up his Vigor he becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Celes: My flat out Mage Character. I pump the Magic Power and let the spells fly. She also doubles as my Primary Healer. Another character that I really like the look of, sprite-wise.

Sometimes I'll substitute Celes for Shadow, or Edgar for a outrageously Vigor-boosted Sabin, but that's my main Pary for most of the game.

Spuuky
06-24-2002, 09:00 AM
Mog.

Just Mog.

Edgar
06-24-2002, 12:24 PM
sabin. Just Sabin.

Sabin19
06-28-2002, 01:55 PM
This party is my favourite, 'cause i have the already 34 levels:

Terra, Celes, Sabin, Edgar http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/images/smilies/aargh.gif

Solphie
07-02-2002, 02:37 PM
Celes, Locke, Sabin and Edgar

Terra for back up, next to Relm and Cyan.

LOCKE 54
07-03-2002, 04:00 AM
The patented LOCKE 54 party:

Terra: Morph is insane, and she has ridiculously high magic power

Locke: Godlike agility and the ability to equip power items

Strago: Lore is cool, and his magic power is nothing to scoff at

Gogo: Customizing commands and knowing every spell your party has is awesome.

Advent Child
07-07-2002, 04:28 AM
I take...

Terra : Scimitar/Illumina with genji glove

Sabin: Dragon Fang/Some Claw with Genji Glove/Offering

Umaro: A novelty character. I can't believe Sabin is still surprised after being thrown at enemies time and time again.

Gogo/Cyan/Locke: Mimic, Quadra Slam, Pretty Good Character.

Originally posted by Sabin19
This party is my favourite, 'cause i have the already 34 levels:

Terra, Celes, Sabin, Edgar
I think most people here have everyone level 99.
and your sig might be too big (with all your pictures combined,) I'm not sure, just warning you.

Svart Nimbus
07-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Fave party... Shadow, Sabin, Edgar and Relm :)

Sefie1999AD
07-08-2002, 12:54 AM
I could try all the characters next time. But my favorite party is Tina, Celes, Edgar and Sabin. Two good magic users, Runic, Tools and Blitzes. Kewl. Sometimes I swap Sabin and Locke.

The Man, why would you get Locke first in WoR? You only have 3 or 4 characters at that time, and Phoenix Cave is hard. There's no way you could survive it at that low levels by going there with 2 characters going each path.

The Man
07-08-2002, 01:07 AM
OOC:It's one of the first things I do. I generally get Mog first. He is in one party, completely elone, equipped with the Môgri Charm. Muwah.

I've always gotten at least one other character besides Tina, Edgar, Setzer, and Mog before getting Lock (often Gogo, horrific though his stats are). It's not very easy to do the Phoenix Cave at a low level; I run from a lot of battles in the process and also end up using a lot of Smoke Bombs. There's no boss at the end, though, and I usually manage to get out without too much trouble.
Peace
The Man

Sefie1999AD
07-08-2002, 01:29 AM
Really? That's cool. Phoenix Cave was one of the hardest, more annoying places in the game. It also has hard enemies and a high encounter rate. Are you sure there weren't any bosses in the cave? I had a feeling there was one, or at least one of the 8 dragons.

The Man
07-08-2002, 01:42 AM
OOC:There was a Dragon in the cave, but it was an optional fight. I went back and fought that Dragon later in the game, when I had better levels and a more complete roster of party members.
Peace
The Man

Blizzard
07-08-2002, 09:14 AM
EDIT:

I just finished this game a few days ago, I finished it with:

Sabin
Terra
Shadow
Gogo

I tried it again and finished with

Locke
Celes
Mog
Umaro

yayw00t.

Edgar
07-08-2002, 12:45 PM
I think is put gogo in my team...hmmm

Sefie1999AD
07-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Yeah, Gogo's cool. I used him in my first game for good all-around and miming. You can give him lots of great abilities like Tools and Blitz.

Storm Arrowny
07-21-2002, 03:20 AM
The Party I Normaly Have Is Locke,Shadow,Sabin and Relm just because those are my favoirte characters.

Xen_AF
07-21-2002, 03:55 AM
My All-Time favorite party is:
Sabin: Big, dumb, Barbarian.:fd:
Locke: Speedy Rogue.:mad:
Gogo: International Man/Woman *shrug* of Mystery. :confused:
Terra: Ultimate Mage-Healer. (I couldn't find a good one for Terra)

Black_Wiz_GoD
07-21-2002, 11:51 PM
You can give him lots of great abilities like Tools and Blitz.

Customizing commands and knowing every spell your party has is awesome.

Have I Been sleeping under a rock?What The Hell?
Giving abilites?
Unless its just the mimic...

Anyway the Party i usually use is

Terra (one game i learned all the spells w/ her)
Cyan (Sword Techs)
Shadow (owns j00 all)
Sabin/Umaro/Edgar/Locke/Celes/Gogo (depends)

Axethorn Stonehammer
07-22-2002, 02:28 AM
Sabin (great vigor, and his blitzes are ridiculously easy to execute using the number pad)

Shadow (For his armor-piercing throws, which are invaluable in WoB, but taper off in WoR as anyone can do 9999 pretty easily)

Terra (For awesome magic power, ability to equip the best stuff and Morph)

Cyan (For his Quadras)

I generally don't use Locke unless I don't have shadow (read: before Thamasa)

And Black_Wiz_God: Have Gogo in your party and view his status, instead of having the normal Fight, Special, Magic, Item, he will have empty slots which allow you to put any command in the game that you have access to (except Shock).

Black_Wiz_GoD
07-24-2002, 12:35 AM
Have Gogo in your party and view his status, instead of having the normal Fight, Special, Magic, Item, he will have empty slots which allow you to put any command in the game that you have access to (except Shock).

hmm... thanx but i think i know why... so final battle GoGo Shock - 9999, etc making you win

Dr. Disco
07-24-2002, 08:03 AM
Heh, I never knew about GoGo's sweet command customization for months either...and now, he's ALWAYS in my party.(Tools/Control/Magic, you can't go wrong!)

Well, anyway...

Sabin - I just...LIKED Sabin for some reason...he's just, you know, cool. Genji Glove/Offering is teh fun.

Cayenne - Nice character who interacts well with Sabin(on a plot level), as opposed to the random party members who don't know anyone.(IE-Shadow, Gau, Celes and Mog, or something) I always put the Black Belt on him, so he gets a chance to use his sword because I'm never NOT using Sword Techniques.

GoGo - Why bother with Relm and Edgar when you get both?:D Although next game I'm thinking of using Edgar more and GoGo less.

Mog/Shadow - Shadow's not really all that great compared to others, but he's a NINJA. Shwa! And Mog has cool dances and the hella useful Moogle Charm.

Invincible
08-01-2002, 06:33 AM
Sabin - His Bum Rush is awesome.

Celes - A good fighter and a medic

Mog - Another Fighter. Also his dances are pretty cool, although they usually take 2 or 3 times to get them to activate (the only downside).

Terra - Morph, Economizer, Ultima, and great magic power. What else do you need?

Others I like - Shadow, Locke, Edgar, Cyan... and almost all of them. Not really any horrible characters in the game.

fireball20
08-02-2002, 05:53 AM
locke
celes
sabin
terra

crusaderoflight88
08-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Mog - Cause Moogles are cool. I mean, who can not love that little yellow ball thing on their heads?

Shadow - Throws sharp pointy things.

Umaro - Throws party members

Cyan/Celes/Terra/Edgar/Sabin depending on what the voices in the head tell me.

If I have a fighting type person such as Cyan, Mog becomes my main magical moogle. I usually use the espers to push his magic ability way up. Then, throw on an economizer and gem box and he is ready to do the 2 ultima a turn deal on whoever I do not like.

Spuuky
09-19-2002, 10:27 AM
I was going to make a thread about this, before I realized one already existed.

My new favorite party is Relm, Celes, Terra, and Strago.

Magic + Enemy Magic, More Magic, Even More Magic, and Magic + Blue Magic.

I love magic, at the moment.

Yay for Tritoch and Zoneseek.

PopsicklePete
09-19-2002, 09:23 PM
Sabin-he had all spells one game, plus everything else
Shadow
Gogo
Locke

Lord Nathor
09-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Terra Celes Mog Sabin

Everyone learns everything... and then gets to lvl 90 with big magic power except Sabin... He gets more than 200 str + Gengi glove + Offering
Gem Box + Economiser to Terra
Economiser Plus Sprint Shoes on Celes
Mog gets his charm and the item which boosts str by 20 or 40 and gives 1 str per lvl up
Sometimes I pick up Gogo instead of Celes...

Black Mage FF1
10-10-2002, 01:48 AM
I LIKE TO USE LOCKE, MOG, SABIN AND EDGAR.

Hatu
11-23-2002, 10:26 AM
I always take Sabin and usually Celes and Mog.

Rtguard
11-23-2002, 11:07 AM
Cyan- Best character in the game (without relics) if you raise him right (with + strength espers). Once you get the spell Quick the charge times for his sword techs no longer matter. Plus, in my game I had his quadraslam, not quadraslice mind you, dealing about 9k damage a pop. Times that by 4, and I think you can see why I like him.

Sabin- Early access to bum rush works wonders. After a while any blitz is worth a solid 9999, and so he is a good guy to take. Plus you always have mantra and spiraler if you get into trouble.

Locke- Here is where the relics come in. Load this bad boy up with Illumina, Atma Weapon, Genji Glove, and Offering. If raised right, you will unleash 8 attacks that do just about 9999 each. Not to mentiond having like a 98% in both evades. 'Course I still like Cyan better...

Edgar- This one is variable actually. All you need is someone with maxed out magic (using espers again), a gembox, and an economizer. Who you use doesn't matter since whoever it is will bring forth 9999 with ultima every casting. I take Edgar because I happen to like the Figaro bros.

Edgar Roni-Figaro
11-23-2002, 03:12 PM
My team is the all time best in my opinion,

Locke- Speed plus i equip him w/ offering and Genji glove so no more needs to be said

Edgar- Once he gets chainsaw, i give him +magic espers so he can act as teh main caster

Relm- Control, she's good at magic and she's pretty fast,plus i like her a lot

Clyde- I ahve so many extra weapons, he just throws and the dog helps a lot too, he's fast like locke and he's average at magic

Nemesis the Warlock
11-25-2002, 10:38 AM
My favourite party is:

Celes
Tina
Gau
Umaro

except when I want to steal or learn more Lore, in which case I'd add Lock or Strago. I use Celes as much as possible (healing, swords and Runic). The other characters I switch around, because I also like to use Relm (Sketch/Control=great fun), Mash, Cyan, Mog and Edgar.

Warmech
11-26-2002, 11:07 PM
Gogo: The Leader of my party, with Economizer and Gem Box. Dunno, just like Gogo alot.
Mog: Genji Glove/ Offering! :) Vicious moogle
Sabin: He rocks at everything. I could do 9999 with pummel, and hyperwrist, and genji glove.
Celes: Don't ya love her? She's miss wall ring, and i'll get marvel shoes soon.

Warmech
11-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Gogo: The Leader of my party, with Economizer and Gem Box. Dunno, just like Gogo alot.
Mog: Genji Glove/ Offering! :) Vicious moogle
Sabin: He rocks at everything. I could do 9999 with pummel, and hyperwrist, and genji glove.
Celes: Don't ya love her? She's miss wall ring, and i'll get marvel shoes soon.

Shadow Jack
11-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Well, I always have Edgar in it, then maybe Cyan Terra and Gogo/Sabin.
Cya, Jack

MagicKnight Locke
12-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Terra,Sabin,Cyan,Edgar

Terra usully uses magic like fire3 sabin uses bum rush,cyan uses swd tech or magic and edgar use tools.What else would you want?:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Acmlm
12-05-2002, 06:48 PM
I think I went with Celes, Edgar, Sabin and Cyan at the end, but I forgot exactly ... Edgar for his Tools, Sabin for his Blitz (both can be used infinitely and are stronger than normal attacks), Celes because ... uh, I just got used to her in the World of Ruin ... and Cyan because he's cool? o_O

But it always worked well enough for me, even though other characters do have their good things too ...

kefkaphobia
12-09-2002, 03:28 AM
I always take the Mog, Setzer, Sabin and Edgar.

Odin
12-16-2002, 02:11 PM
many have Terra as full-out-extreme-magic-user....and thats quite good

but many dont know/or dont think of that her Morph ability also empowers her fight damage... AND she can equip the great swords... Atma and Illumina for example

with genji+offerring ..that combo work wonders
at lvl 95+ (99 of course) atma do pretty much 9999dmg all the time....and it ignores the defense of all ememys

...and Illumina have critical strikes...so... 9999dmg is not rare
.....so for me Terra gets all out vigor .. (till 128vigor)
attacking 8 times with 9999 dmg each is cool ...and using quick ...is double great !!
...so Morph-form kicks ass.... ok the plus in dmg is one thing...but she looks soooooooo cool in that form ..,#1 reason to use it ^^

....and not forget about Cyans quadraslam ....also causing 9999dmg each ...(most often)....and with quick, his swdTechs isnt a problem to excecute

yahey

Dark Jester
12-25-2002, 07:05 AM
Leo-I love this guy, and he has shock *Schwing*
Vicks-Little lackey with a bot, rain down the lasers
Wedge-Bigger Henchman, this guy's a mean laser machine
Kefka-Insane Maniacal Laughter??? WAP WAP WAP!!!!

oh u mean people you normally have?

Sabin-Physical beef, and i like executing blitzes
Edgar-Magic Beef and Tools
Locke-Sword combo/Speed/Coolness
Shadow-I like Interceptor :D

Edgar
12-25-2002, 03:54 PM
Edgar, Sabin, Gogo and Celes. ALWAYS bring celes. Runic r0x0rs

nova
01-13-2003, 03:44 AM
i like to use my favorite chars in my group. Mog, Sabin, Cyan, and Shadow.

Mageta
02-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Terra - Atma Weapon/Morph
Locke - Atma Weapon/Steal/Speed
Sabin - Bum Rush
Strago - Big Guard

eestlinc
02-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Locke, Strago, Relm. Maybe include another char like Edgar or Terra. Yep.

Reine
03-28-2003, 03:19 AM
I tend to use Celes, Locke, Strago and Terra.
Optional: replace Terra with Gau (Io Rage does Flare Star) or Gogo.

Setzer sucks.

Spatvark
03-28-2003, 12:10 PM
Mog, Sabin, Gogo and Cyan. Occassionally switch out Cyan for Edgar, Celes or Terra.

Strider
03-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Terra (with the Atma Weapon)
Sabin
Edgar
Cyan

Although, when I reach the end of the game, I somehow always end up using the same parties every single time. Hmmmm. . .

Imperia
03-29-2003, 02:27 AM
The party I always love to use is Terra, Celes, Locke, and Relm. I also like using Edgar and Sabin alot.

Half-breed Raiku
04-02-2003, 11:59 AM
Celes: My main mage and a medic no duh! Her runic skill is also so great

Mog: He is so super cool. I use him as much as I can. He is normal equiped with flare and other spells & also is a medic parcaly. His spears are also very handy & his dances are so much fun to watch and are strong

Shadow:NINJA!!!!!!!!!!!!:shoot:

Gogo: "mimic Mogs flare Gogo!" need I say more.

Second party: Lock,Terra,Gau,and Relm

Dragonfire
04-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Right before entering Kefka's Tower, it's:
Sabin (Bum Rush is savage)
Celes (gotta have a powerful magic user.)
Gogo :D (with Mimic, Magic, Blitz, and just in case, Item.)
*filler character*: either Mog :mog:, Edgar, or Cyan (this spot changes around ALOT.

Mog is great to go treasure hunting, without worry of random encounters. Also on Fanatic's Tower it's a bitch to get up there without Mog, even though he's utterly useless when you fight later in the tower.

the blitzer
04-18-2003, 04:15 PM
I HAVE TERRA FOR HEALING. LOCKE FOR STEALING. SABIN TO ATTACK WITH BLITZ AND EDGAR TO ATTACK WTH TOOLS

Obsidian
04-23-2003, 02:15 AM
Locke
Edgar
Cyan
Celes

I'll constantly change Celes with Setzer and vice versa, though.

Lassic
04-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Locke - He can steal very good stuff - be patient

Celes - The best magic user in the game

Sabin - The best fighter in the game

Gau - Try to equip him with Offering, Merit Award and the Fixed Dice, then use the Straycat rage... he'll probably do 4 attacks with 9999 dmg.

RydiaOfMist
05-18-2003, 03:22 AM
My favorite party is Terra, Edgar, and Mog.

RydiaOfMist
05-18-2003, 03:22 AM

RydiaOfMist
05-18-2003, 03:23 AM

RydiaOfMist
05-18-2003, 03:23 AM
My favorite party is Terra, Edgar, Mog, and Gogo. Terra is the strongest female, Edgar uses Tools, Mog is just plain awesome, and Gogo can mimick any attack as well as equipped with whatever ability I want to put on him.

Book
05-18-2003, 12:59 PM
Nice *4 post Rydia

Advent Child
05-18-2003, 07:14 PM
yeah rydia, how'd you manage that one?

nik0tine
07-16-2004, 05:48 AM
hahahaha. i havent seen something like that before. my favorite ff6 party is terra, celes, sabin, and edgar.

Del Murder
07-17-2004, 06:54 AM
Please don't revive old threads.