PDA

View Full Version : I cant logout of my account.

Ashi
06-25-2002, 12:28 PM
I have tried everyway to logout of my account but i failed I need your help*cries* please tell me the way to logout before i drop dead:(

Griever
06-25-2002, 12:30 PM
I don't think you have to. Just close the window and you automatically log out i think.

Ashi
06-25-2002, 12:33 PM
No, actually. I think it's something with the browser cookies setting but I'm not sure what it is.

Griever
06-25-2002, 12:45 PM
Does this mean that for the last 7 months i've been logged in continously?

Ashi
06-25-2002, 02:04 PM
I don't know about you but I 'stay' logged in every computer I ever log-in with, which is why I never check the forums in public places.

[the first post in this thread was by moonlight on my account, btw xD]

Agent Proto
06-25-2002, 02:57 PM
hm... Ok, try this.

Profile > Edit Options > Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) > Select No

Or better yet. <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=logout">Logout</a>.

The Man
06-25-2002, 04:45 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Strangely, even when I select Logout on one of my computers, it doesn't log out of my account. It's fine on my other computers, though. But yeah. On this computer, I doubt I could even switch accounts. Not that I have a second account or anything to try that out on, so I wouldn't know for sure...

But yeah, Jeff's right. By default, when you log yourself in on any computer, it keeps reopening the account every time you connect to the fora. Use the "Logout" at the bottom-right-hand corner of the main page and it should get you out. I guess on my computer there's just a cookie problem, but I don't really any motivation to delete all my cookies, since I'm the only person who uses this computer. :rolleyes2

Peace
The Man<FONT COLOR=38E897>

Agent Proto
06-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Well, I'm sure you can search EoFF from other computers since it isn't your computer, and you may be able to logout from that computer, because when you logout, you're only logging out from one computer.

The Man
06-25-2002, 05:13 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Yup. That's how it goes.

Peace
The Man</FONT>

crono_logical
06-25-2002, 05:18 PM
You can only be logged in from one PC at any time, regardless of how many PCs you use. If the other PCs log back in automatically, then yes, it's a cookie problem on said machine.

The board logs you out automatically after 15-20 minutes of idleness anyway, so again, if you log in automatically after that long an idle period, then it's either a cookie problem or that's what you've set your profile to do.