PDA

View Full Version : Random Users Turning into Guests

The Man
06-29-2002, 09:43 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Recently, I was viewing threads and it showed Spider John as a guest. His profile and everything are gone. Can anyone explain why that happened? Was it intended? I thought SJ was a fairly active member, or at least was at some recent point in the fast, so I find it strange that he would have been Guested rather than one of those many members who has never posted even once.

Lesbian Seagull is apparently a Guest as well. And apparently, "she" is also Bleys.

Peace
The Man<FONT COLOR=38E897>

crono_logical
06-29-2002, 10:24 PM
Guesting is usually the result of the username being deleted, though why Spider John's would have gone, I don't know.

Yamaneko
06-29-2002, 10:29 PM
It probalby has to do something with the indexing or the vB update that has turned a member into a guest.

Apparently the indexing fixed A LOT of problems. I asked the admins to change my screen name before the indexing(Vivi_FFIX:D ) but they said the control panel was not letting them and it wouldn't let them do it for a couple of other users too. Then the day after indexing, I asked Bleys and he changed and said the indexing should have fixed the problem.

Maybe the members exprienced some problems after the indexing or update, dunno.

The Man
06-29-2002, 10:43 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>My question is: Why delete users who have already posted? Why not delete users who haven't posted? It confuzzles poor little me, though I'm guessing it was an unfortunate side effect of the indexing as well.

Peace
The Man</FONT>

Sakura Yume
07-01-2002, 07:44 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>Actually, it's a preferance. You can set it. :p I also show up as a guest. :D

crono_logical
07-01-2002, 11:30 AM
You don't appear as a guest to me, you appear normal. :p Only option I see in the user control panel which you have enabled that you could be referring to is the Invisible option, which is different from being a guest. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Lesbian Seagull was deleted because the staff has recented decided to disallow secondary accounts. Rainecloud's alter-ego, whose name escapes me as I never found her very interesting despite the fact that such accounts are supposed to be notoriously quirky and hilarious, is gone as well, as well as EoFF Sniper, if we've gotten to him yet. The only accounts of this kind that we will continue to allow are Award Guy and Election Booth, as they serve an obvious purpose.

I don't believe Spider John was secondary account of anyone, though.

The Man
07-01-2002, 06:54 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>I would like to motion that EoFF Sniper, repo man, and Other not be deleted. EoFF Sniper and repo man are almost staples of Eyes on Final Fantasy by this point, and I would like Other to remain until the controversy surrounding his/her/their identit(y/ies) can be resolved.

Yes, I know that second accounts in general are bad, but those were also funny. I think it would be a lot better for the boards to delete all those users who have been "members" for a year and haven't even posted.

And no, Spider John almost certainly wasn't anyone's second account.

Peace
The Man

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-01-2002, 07:04 PM
EoFF Sniper is a nuisance who ran one of BOU's jokes into the ground and then proceeded to stab it repeatedly until it lost all its dignity and meaning. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't deserve special treatment.

Also, it doesn't really matter whether or not repo man is deleted or not, as he has served his purpose in EoFF history and is no longer active. Same with Stuffed Regis.

Other is used by various staff members, but Lesbian Seagull was used by a staff member as well, and look where she's gone. We'll have to wait and see about that one.

Loony BoB
07-01-2002, 07:06 PM
repo was the funniest guy ever.

EoFF Sniper was 'kay, and amusing, I guess.

Other never really happened, and everyone knows who it is anyway. I think. Considering that varioius posts have been made in General Chat about it =P

I say we must keep repo. EoFF Sniper.... yeah, maybe. I'm not fussed either way. Other? *shrugs* I'm slightly to the no side. The only other second accounts I know of have already been banned or deleted. Except for obvious ones like MinTee, that is.

The Man
07-01-2002, 07:06 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Kishi: Lesbian Seagull hadn't posted in a long time, anyway, so deleting "her" account wasn't particularly destructive. And Other isn't merely used by staff members, either. However, I think only about three people who aren't on staff know who posts as Other. It could be the basis for an interesting thread.

If EoFF Sniper is that repulsive to the entire staff, I suppose you could ban him instead of deleting his account. I at least find his profile to be amusing, and I still enjoy his sporadic appearances in various fora to be refreshing as well. But woteva.

BoB: People posted about Other's identity on General Chat? I never saw that. In any case, I don't think they know; I think they were just guessing.

Peace
The Man

Del Murder
07-03-2002, 07:28 AM
Other was my third account. You can go ahead and delete it. <i>Other</i>wise he'll live to spam an<i>Other</i> day. Muahahaha.

The Man
07-03-2002, 05:21 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Bond lies.

And Other has already been banned, unfortunately. I miss him/her/them already.

Peace
The Man</FONT>