PDA

View Full Version : Can't see who else is on the forums...?

Zypher
07-01-2002, 06:28 AM
When I go to a specific forum (General Chat, EoEO, etc.), I can't see who else is browsing in it. Is this a bug? Did this option get turned off; if so, for everyone, or did I just do it to myself on accident? *doesn't know*

*waits to be told he accidently deactivated it*

Frihet
07-01-2002, 07:03 AM
Neither can I. And I can not honestly say that it's a function I miss having around. But did that function just disappear recently? I haven't seen it for months.. I can't remember it being activated for more than a few days (was it after a board update?) and then someone deactivated it again. Meh.

Sakura Yume
07-01-2002, 07:41 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>I think they undid it. I thought it was pretty kewl myself.

Rampala
07-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Yeah, they took that option off months ago. I miss it though, it was cool. *shrugs* I don't know, I just liked be able to see who else was browsing that particular fora.

Loony BoB
07-01-2002, 07:03 PM
I think that all the forums that were involved in the last pruning had it removed. It still works in General Archive and the Daily Grind forums, which weren't pruned, I don't think. So that's me putting two and two together. Don't have evidence though. *shrugs*

Garland
07-01-2002, 07:21 PM
I had that feature while my location was deactivated. When Britt restored my location, it deactivated the per forum "who's browsing". This is just me putting 3 and 3 together, and coming up with the same answer as Bob's 2 and 2. Math is strange.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Garland
I had that feature while my location was deactivated. When Britt restored my location, it deactivated the per forum "who's browsing".That happened to me, too, and everybody else who had their location <i>et cetera</i> fixed, I'm sure. Notice that when you check the two fora where the function is still present, the locations are gone. I guess you can't have both.

Nait
07-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
That happened to me, too, and everybody else who had their location <i>et cetera</i> fixed, I'm sure. Notice that when you check the two fora where the function is still present, the locations are gone. I guess you can't have both.

And the Recognised rank

The Man
07-02-2002, 02:06 AM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>It doesn't tremendously matter, anyway, I don't think, although it admittedly would be kinda nice to be able to be able to tell who was in the forum you were browsing. Still, if you care that much, click "Currently Active Members" on the main page, and it will bring up of a list of all the active users who aren't in Invisible Mode and what they're doing at the moment. Nifty.

Peace
The Man<FONT SIZE=2>

mystic ice cube
07-09-2002, 01:59 AM
neither can I.....it doesn't really matter that much...

Zypher
07-09-2002, 04:48 AM
Yes, I actually feared that the admins, in fixing the locations, had screwed up that either for me or for all. ;)It's really not important, I know, but I personally like it better than seeing locations.

*shrugs*

*is brutally destroyed by wrathful admins*