PDA

View Full Version : MSN doesn't like me

Ifrit's Bodyguard
07-02-2002, 06:34 PM
Since upgrading to broadband and downloading and using a firewall MSN keeps signing me out periodically. Is this a coincidance, something to do with my firewall thingy or is there some sort of setting in it I have changed, thanks for the help.

PS I should have made this a poll lol.

Squally Leonharty
07-02-2002, 08:42 PM
First of all, what's your firewall name? That way we know what firewall we're talking about and then we know what to tell you how to configure it.

Ifrit's Bodyguard
07-02-2002, 09:03 PM
Sure, I'm using Zonealarm, is it normal for it to slow down the computer

Squally Leonharty
07-02-2002, 10:05 PM
Hmm... ZoneAlarm, eh? I've used that before, but now I'm using Tiny Personal Firewall. It's good.

But anyway, delete everything that has something to do with MSN from the list. Then connect with MSN and answer all questions in ZoneAlarm with Yes (or anything that makes MSN allow to connect). If it happens again, then I don't know, because I forgot how ZoneAlarm works. :p

So, yeah... Good luck?

Ifrit's Bodyguard
07-04-2002, 01:43 AM
Yip, I've tried it but it didn't work, I even tried getting rid of messenger and re installing it but it didn't work, perhaps its my internet connection, apparently it sufers temorary loss of signal often, or maybe its something to do with WinXP, dunno.

Frostie
07-04-2002, 03:24 AM
get Trillian.

trillian.cc

Has all the messengers in one pack, and even better.

bennator
07-04-2002, 06:04 AM
It's not your firewall, MSN signs you out periodically. Why? Because microsoft is like that.

Ifrit's Bodyguard
07-04-2002, 01:05 PM
Meh, but it never used to, just since I got my internet upgraded and firewall put in.

Squally Leonharty
07-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Well, I have Windows XP with MSN Messenger and it never signed me out unless there were maintenances going on or I got disconnected. Either way, it'll sign out. Otherwise, never. :p

Frostie
07-04-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Frostie
get Trillian.

trillian.cc

Has all the messengers in one pack, and even better.