PDA

View Full Version : A limit?

Sakura Yume
07-05-2002, 07:09 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>Can we somehow put a limit on how many new threads a person can post in a week say? I just counted approx (approx cos I'm bad at counting) 21/50 threads by the same person on the first page of Gen Chat. (50 is excluding stickied threads) Yes, you know who I'm refering to... *is very very very scared*

And I thought Daniel was bad... *waits for people to disagree*

Squally Leonharty
07-05-2002, 08:22 AM
There's a time limit between posting new threads. :p Let's say it's set at 60 seconds. That means that everyone who want to create another thread after they've created one thread, they'll have to wait 60 seconds in order to create another thread.

But what you want isn't possible. It'd require a hack in the PHP files. :p

Ifrit's Bodyguard
07-05-2002, 02:06 PM
I don't think its a great idea to have a limit, the incident in question happened when there was 0 activity on GC and those threads livened the place up, duering the day (GMT) these forums are dead, sometimes with 6 members on in total. It can be a welcome boost for the forums to have a load of new threads, however I do see that threads are quickly being pushed off of the front page and that is why I would suggest raising the forum default as to the number of threads per page, so that threads that start off slowly don't sink away.

Dr Unne
07-05-2002, 05:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with someone making a lot of interesting threads. The more posts the better. As long as it isn't spam. I assume you're talking about mystic ice goddess. Her threads were all good.

mystic ice cube
07-05-2002, 11:39 PM
alright, I am sorry for making too many threads at a time....they weren't spam games, that's for sure.....I am sorry for displeasing you people, and will settle down....and I guess a limit would be okay.....

The Man
07-05-2002, 11:40 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Don't listen to those people, MiG. They were good topics, and they livened up the boards. You have no need to apologise whatsoever.

Peace
The Man<FONT SIZE=2>

Shlup
07-06-2002, 02:44 AM
It gave me something to do... and some of them were fairly original topics. I think that kind of stuff should be left up to a person's own personal discretion.

Sakura Yume
07-06-2002, 07:30 AM
<font color=#AFEEEE>I don't mind your threads Mystic Ice Godess, like the others said, they weren't spam or anything (it scares me how you have so many decent thread ideas though :p). It simply got me thinking, what if someone randomly signed up and spammed a heck of a lot. There are certain time periods where no admins or mods are at the forums.

Dr Unne
07-06-2002, 08:22 PM
If someone did that, when a Mod or Admin did show up, we'd ban them and delete their spam.

Del Murder
07-06-2002, 10:31 PM
The problem with many new threads is that it pushes threads that haven't been fully talked about down to the second or third page where hardly anybody goes.

Those topics where good (well maybe except for 3 separate threads for hair/eye/favorite color and two weather threads) but it's nice to see them gradually over time. That way we can fully discuss the topics we have already and then move on to new ones.