PDA

View Full Version : New People Thread

I Love Shoyku
07-15-2002, 09:45 PM
I have an idea. Mods, close this if you disaprove.
If anyone in EoFF here is new post in here, to keep it more organized, so we dont have 100 threads on new members. Meh, just an idea.

Later
Cheffie

crono_logical
07-15-2002, 09:56 PM
I think if we disapproved of people being allowed to have their own newbie threads in Gen Chat, we'd make a seperate/sub-forum for them :p

Let them feel special for their own few seconds, if they so wish :p

I'll leave this in Feedback actually, in case anyone wants to disagree or suggest anything else :)

*moves*

MecaKane
07-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Yes, its better in gen chat, 'cause then you can see easily who's new, instead of one big clutterd up thread. Or a forum that no one'll probably go to.

The Man
07-15-2002, 10:16 PM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>I agree with Kane -- it'd be way too confusing to have one huge thread welcoming all newbies. Right now you can look at the folder icon and see whether you've already welcomed a given newbie, but in a single thread, you won't have that option. Plus, it'll be hard to tell who'd be welcoming who. Big threads are also a large part of what caused the whole pruning thing to be necessary in the first place, apparently; if we disabled the welcoming of newbies, that wouldn't make the place very newbie-friendly, and if we enabled it, we'd have a huge freaking thread. It might sound like a good idea on paper, but there's just too many problems with it. And really, it feels special to be allowed to have your own thread as a new user. I mean, yes, everyone gets one of those, if they want them, when they're new, but it's still a way to feel special.

Peace
Darth Manly<FONT SIZE=2>

Zypher
07-16-2002, 04:52 PM
*fondly remembers his n00bie thread*

Oh yeah, I pretty much agree with everyone so far on this one.

mystic ice cube
07-18-2002, 06:23 PM
I think that it would be confusing...I think that it's better how it is now, unless the eoff people will create a newbie forum...