PDA

View Full Version : How do i block private messages?

Darque_Orchid
07-25-2002, 04:10 AM
This is a message I got from that trouble maker Black Wiz God Can someone Please DO something about him?? Immabout ready to unsubscribe to this forum because of him!

Black_Wiz_GoD wrote on 07-24-2002 10:18 AM:
Yes i do, and No, i dont pick on girls, sides, i stay away from them. and no i am not in elementary skool. i have some maturity, just not with idiots

my dictionary

idiot (id i ot) : 1. a person with NO common sense 2. you (jk) 3. people who dont consult help books/walkthroughs/whatever to help them with their problem/drug habit/skillz/insanity.

The Man
07-25-2002, 04:12 AM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>Add him to your Ignore List.

I've spoken to the staffers, and he's really on his last warning, I believe. They can't ban people for things said in Private Messages, but if he continues what he's doing -- it doesn't look like he's willing to change in order to keep his forum membership -- I wouldn't be surprised if he gets banned before the end of the week. Until then, you can console yourself by realising that he's the one who's an immature, insulting idiot. And this should probably have been in the Help Forum, but whatever.

Peace
Stuffed Manny<font size=2>

Zypher
07-25-2002, 08:38 AM
I think it'd be a good idea if you deleted this thread now, Darque. It'll likely be closed anyway (and no point in moving a closed thread) but it will clutter up the (wrong) forum regardless.

EDIT: Um, nevermind me then. *slinks away*

crono_logical
07-25-2002, 03:28 PM
*moves to Help Forum*

Citizen Bleys
07-25-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Stuffed Manny
They can't ban people for things said in Private Messages

Not true. If an admin needed to view someone's private messages, we can--We'd have to view the database directly (Even without phpMyAdmin working, I know enough SQL to write a quick php script that will retrieve private messages) or else change the recipient's password, but it can be done.

Administrative policy, however, is such that we will not do such without direct permission from the member who is to have his/her private messages reviewed.

We have had one instance in which a member reported a harassing private message--I accessed that member's inbox, verified that the message was sent, and banned the sender of the harassing message. But that is the only time in the history of EoFF that such action has been necessary.

I'm with the Man on one thing here--there's no need to open your inbox to Staff. Black_Wiz_GoD actually threatened Loony BoB. in one thread. If you want to threaten me, you'd better be prepared to follow through, because I don't appreciate threats. I'm even less tolerant of threats directed towards others associated with me.

Tom Morello
08-07-2002, 04:53 PM
Black wiz god is a pain... he's moved on to the FFXI forum, where the mods don't pay too much attention to the threads...

And I'm not the only one who thinks you guys neglect that forum, there are many others so don't get mad at me or anything....

*cries*:cry:

Bahamut2000X
08-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Yes mods need to mod the FFXI forum more I made a thread a month back or so and only Daniel replyed and I guess you still havn't done a thing about it as the forum is still spammy. I see it as the most corrupted forum of allas taht is where about 80% of all flame wars I have been in has happened in.