PDA

View Full Version : Emulators

Snake930
07-25-2002, 06:30 AM
ok i downloaded the emulators or whatever so i could play ff 4, i want to know what happens if i dont delete it within 24 hrs, and how do they know if i own the game or now, will they go to my house and check? heh anyways when i was playing ff4 i went into this cave and i saw a buncha white and walked around fighting monsters, i couldnt see is this right? Hmm this is my first poll here and this place looks like gamewinners forums, cool :)

Dr Unne
07-25-2002, 07:14 AM
It doesn't matter if you delete it within 24 hours. It's illegal to own them for 1 second. That 24 hour thing is a bunch of crap.

But no, "they" (whoever "they" might be, I don't think there is a "they" when it comes to emulator laws) won't know you have it. Millions of people have emulators and ROMs. No one cares if you have one.

You couldn't see because you had transparancies turned off in your emulator, or you're using a video mode that doesn't support them. Try different video modes. You should be able to see through the fog.

Snake930
07-25-2002, 07:19 AM
ok thats cool i deleted it before i went to bed so i guess ill just download it again, but where do i fix video options, on the emulter or somewhere on my cpu, if on my cpu let me know thanks ;)

Dr Unne
07-25-2002, 07:49 AM
In the emulator most likely. Depends on what emulator you're using.

Zypher
07-25-2002, 08:32 AM
I think there's a good chance that pressing the number keys above the letters (don't know what they're called :p) will turn on/off layers. Just be careful with it; if you don't know what you're doing, you can screw things up quickly.

Don't bother deleting it and re-downloading it. Like Unne said, it's illegal just to have it. Nobody really cares though. It's your choice to make; personally I'm not going to go through the trouble of getting a SNES that works (my own stopped long ago) and then finding the cartridge. At least I'm not gipping the actual makers of the game.

Yamaneko
07-25-2002, 10:09 AM
Yup the number keys turn on and off layers, it's the only way I could get through the sunken ship in FF5. #6 resets all layers. You are using ZSNES?, right, if not ignore this entire post. I suck at Snes 9x. :p

Snake930
07-25-2002, 05:19 PM
ok well i guess i cant play my game since i dont know how to make it trance parent, i tried changed the video but all that does is brings me back to desktop, oh well if anyone can tell me how to make it transparent without bringing me back to desktop id appreciate it im trying to play ff4(j) on snes emulator

Killy
07-25-2002, 06:15 PM
If it doesnt work, change emu... www.zsnes.com for the best emu, if it doesnt work... www.snes9x.com

Snake930
07-25-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Black Ninja
If it doesnt work, change emu... www.zsnes.com for the best emu, if it doesnt work... www.snes9x.com cool thanks man the first one worked, theres just one thing id like to do and thats make it full screen is there a way to do this?

crono_logical
07-25-2002, 08:15 PM
Hit ALT+Enter to full screen it :p You can also go into the video options once there to tweak the fullscreen settings :)

Samuraid
07-25-2002, 10:50 PM
If you are using ZSNES, you can get transparencies to work by doing the following: Get the newest version of ZSNES Go into the video options menu and select a video mode of 640x480 at 16bit color, or higher.(Don't use any of the "modex" modes, use vesa 1.2 or vesa 2)That should do it.

Snake930
07-25-2002, 10:56 PM
just found that out after i downloaded it, thanks :)