PDA

View Full Version : Petition to disallow "Rinoa is Ultimecia" (FF8) threads

Sefie1999AD
07-26-2002, 12:17 AM
These threads are showing up times after times in FF8 forums, and so far I haven't seen one of them which has lead to any result, shown any concrete proof about its topic, and which hasn't lead to flaming or closing of the thread. This thread is starting to take the style of the FF7 threads, where people claim Aeris can be revived. The theory/rumor about doing this results in only spam and flaming, and it can't be proven to be true in any way. Yes, I am comparing FF8's Rinoa = Ultimecia to this FF7 rumor. So far, during all these years the game has been out, nobody has been able to find any clear evidence about neither of these events, and threads concerning both theories always lead into a lot of trouble. That's why I suggest "Rinoa is Ultimecia" threads will be declared "rumor threads", and thus disallowed.

Reasons summarized:

1) "Rinoa = Ultimecia" is a rumor. Rumors aren't allowed in the forums, as far as I know. Someone might try to test it out and only waste their time because the rumored event won't happen
2) It's a debate which never ends. Neither side will never give up.
3) It always ends as flaming war. No exceptions seen yet.

The Man
07-26-2002, 12:21 AM
<FONT COLOR=38E897>I've looked in these threads, and the results of the threads have never been pretty. I also haven't seen an R=U thread that hasn't been closed and resulted in someone getting banned, except the current active one, which might be headed that way. Personally my instinct is to believe that the "theory" is a load of bunk, but either way, it seems like its supporters don't listen to any arguments the opposition throws against it. That sort of "debating" gets everyone nowhere and usually ends up making a lot of people very, very upset.

I'm not entirely sure they should be outlawed yet, but I have to say that I haven't been terribly impressed by what I've seen in any of the R=U threads I've looked in.

Peace
Stuffed Manny<font size=2>

Yamaneko
07-26-2002, 12:25 AM
Yes we should have the admins and mods take the attitude they do with Aeris's revival into account with Rinoa = Ultimecia, although I never post in the FFVIII forum,(don't much care for the game) I've seen those useless threads around and they lead to no good results.

crono_logical
07-26-2002, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a good idea guys :p I'll link to it from Staff so we can come up with a decision on this - personally, I'd like to see this type of thread gone too :D

HOOTERS
07-26-2002, 02:03 PM
Theres a stickied FAQ thread in the FF7 forum now for newbies that outlines a lot of stuff that keeps getting repeated including Aerises you know what. I think it worked as well because I havn't seen any threads lately asking "Can you you-know-what Aeris". Maybe you could give this a try in the FF8 forum as well.

Citizen Bleys
07-26-2002, 02:11 PM
Principally, I'm against it, as it seems to be a needless restriction of freedoms. Viscerally...I EFFING WANT AN EXCUSE TO DO IT! And this request officially provides one.

*is in full support*

Loony BoB
07-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Amen to this.

Del Murder
07-30-2002, 08:37 AM
As the puppet leader of the FFVIII Forum I give you full permission to do said banning and pledge my support.

*signs*

Big Ogre Umaro
08-03-2002, 05:36 AM
Yeah, but you guys gotta admit...Rinoa <i>IS</i> Ultimecia. It's just obvious.

Loony BoB
08-03-2002, 01:16 PM
*beats BOU up*