PDA

View Full Version : wasting more time than usual

makiten
07-29-2002, 05:43 AM
after wasting my time with my site, i decided on this... what are some wacky ff1 things you've done?

once, i killed tiamat before kraken and kary. but then again, i do lots of things so... where's the party at?

The Amazing Spiderman
07-29-2002, 06:01 AM
I didn't buy magic to my characters until I beated Astos.

Garland
07-29-2002, 06:06 AM
The weirdest thing I've ever done is level up to 5 at coneria before starting off to Garland, with my usual F, TH, BB, RM team.

Oh and one more thing:

Too bad I'm the only one who knocks people down. You impertinent fools. - Makiten
Is that so?

makiten
07-29-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Garland
Is that so?

Yes indeed. (http://elmiksteph.hypermart.net/impertinent/) (it's a link, yo)

Dr Unne
07-29-2002, 06:21 AM
One time I beat Tiamat, then completely forgot that the orb in the back warps you out and walked all the way back out of the castle and tower. *dumb*

Rude
07-29-2002, 03:18 PM
Rofl!

I've been walking out of every dungeon after beating the fiend. Didn't know there was a shortcut.

/me slaps forehead :mad:

theundeadhero
07-29-2002, 07:25 PM
On my first time through the game I used to do that. It really sucks when you kill Lich and then die on your way out...three times in a row!

Sefie1999AD
07-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Garland: I also had my favorite Fi/Th/Rm/Wm party beat Garland at level 5.

The other funny thing is also done with Fi/Th/Rm/Wm party. There I beat Kraken and Tiamat, then I leveled up for ages. My Kn/Ni/Rw/Ww party went to beat Kary at level 46 :p

A really whacky and stupid thing I did was, when I played with Fi/Bb/Wm/Bm, I smashed my keyboard on my 5th game over I got in Ice Cave :( That, along with the times I had to restart because of Black Belt dying in the Ice Cave, I was really getting pissed off. After that, I kicked the Crap Belt out of the window (serves ya right, b**tard belt!), thrashed the save game and started a new game, with another party. But really... my guys were at level 20, and I had to restart so often! Usually I complete the cave on my first or second try.

makiten
07-29-2002, 09:02 PM
*is wondering how come his black belt didn't die* after all, i did this with a party where the fighter and black mage were not included. fortunately, i just used haste on the black belt and then he did 1200 damage. but i rarely play my cartridge anymore, mainly because i want to play SNES.

SpikingZero
07-30-2002, 03:15 AM
This actually happened to a friend of mine:

He was only four years old at the time (I don't think four year olds should be playing a game like that; I remember when Dragon Warrior gave me nightmares as a seven year old), and he had a hard time going through the game because he didn't know how to equip weapons or armour.

It wasn't until he got to the Marsh Cave that he figured out how to do it.

I think he took on Garland at Level 9.

Personally, I think that's hilarious.

Disch
07-30-2002, 11:11 AM
I stocked up on Softs before going into the Ice Cave with my solo BB :D

Soldier
08-03-2002, 01:32 AM
I did the same thing as spikingzero's friend only I was 5 or 6 at the time...I lost against Garland 9 times before my friend who had given me the game said, "You didn't equip anything..."

final boss
05-17-2003, 12:47 PM
Don't you have to beat the fiends in a order? Or can you fight them in any order?

Book
05-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by final boss
Don't you have to beat the fiends in a order? Or can you fight them in any order?

You can defeat the Wind Fiend before the Fire and Water.

Originally posted by Rude
Rofl! I've been walking out of every dungeon after beating the fiend. Didn't know there was a shortcut.

/me slaps forehead

lol

Turin
05-17-2003, 11:23 PM
once I leveled up to level 50 before garland............actually the stupidest thing I can think off is getting lost on the first floor of the earth cave and being beaten to a pulp by a million giants (hil gigas? hah!) cause I thought something was wrong with the game since I battled every step.......

DocFrance
05-18-2003, 12:06 AM
Couldn't you beat Tiamat, Kraken, and Kary all before you beat Lich? Cause technically, you don't have to stop in Melmond for anything... unless I'm forgetting something...

Kirkpatrick
05-18-2003, 06:03 AM
You can't get the canoe without beating Lich.
No Canoe = No Gurgu or Ice Cave
No Ice Cave = No Floater = No Upper Continent