PDA

View Full Version : An ultimate weapon and extra Aeons walkthrough (Spoilers)

Shoyku
07-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Celestial Weapons

Tidus - Caladbolg

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Avoid Counter, Magic Counter

Weapon - Found in the northwest end of the Calm Lands, down a narrow pathway. A person blocks the way until you win all four chocobo contests in the Calm Lands. The chocobo trainer is in the center of the area, near the save sphere.

Crest - Return to the room in Yevon Dome in which you fought Yunalesca. The crest is in a treasure chest.

Sigil - Re-do the fourth-chocobo training race in the Calm Lands and achieve a time of 0:00. Just try to avoid the birds as much as possible and try getting as many balloons as you can. You probably won't do this in the first few attempts, but the balloon arrangement is random, so the odds might be in your favor eventually.

Wakka - World Champion

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Double AP, Avoid Counter

Aeon Effect - Grants Ifrit to be able to break the 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - The World Champion ball is given to you from the Luca bartender once you've won 5 Blitzball games.

Crest - Located in the Besaid Aurochs' locker room at the Luca Stadium.

Sigil - Found as a grand prize in Blitzball. Must first have all 4 of Wakka's overdrives.

Yuna - Nirvana

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Double AP, MP Cost 1

Aeon Effect - Valefore is able to break the 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - The monster trainer in the Calm Lands gives the weapon to you once you get 1 of every creature found in the Calm Lands.

Crest - Go back to the Besaid Beach. Yuna's Crest is in a chest there. Swim into the water and go up to the coastline until you see it.

Sigil - You get her Sigil after beating all eight of the Bergimene's Aeons in the Remiem Temple. In order to get to the Remiem Temple, you must first go into the Calm Lands and get a Chocobo from the Trainer. Then go back to the entrance of the Calm Lands. Once there, head to the far right, and you'll find a feather which signals the Chocobo to jump. From there, you can find your way into the temple.

Auron - Masamune

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Pre-emptive Attack, Counter

Aeon Effect - Allows Yojimbo to break 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - Located near the cave under the Valley (located underneath the bridge at the end of the Calm Lands) you'll find a Rusty Sword. Take this sword to the Mushroom Rock Road. On the left side of the road, you'll notice a small nook with an elevator. Insert the Rusty Sword into the battle statue there to receive the Masamune.

Crest - Found in a chest on the Old Mi'ihen Road. (Requires a Chocobo to reach)

Sigil - Requires you to capture one of each monster in 10 different monster catching areas. The monster trainer will reward you with Aurons Sigil.

Lulu - Onion Knight

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Magic Booster, MP Cost 1

Aeon Effect - Shiva can break the 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - To find this weapon, return to the Baaj Temple. You'll find a chest near a wall in the lake. When the camera starts zooming in, you're close.

Crest - Go back into the Farplane in Guadosalam to find the Crest.

Sigil - Return to the Thunder Plains to begin the quest. If you can dodge 200 consecutive bolts of lightning by pressing the X button when the screen flashes successfully, you'll be rewarded by finding a chest in front of the Inn which contains the Sigil. This little mini-game will take about a half hour.

WARNING - Trying this is a completely insane. Don't attempt doing this unless you're one of those people who simply has to get everything.

Rikku - Godhand

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Double AP, Gillionaire

Weapon - While on the airship input the password GOD-HAND and in the location, grab the actual weapon from a chest located not far off from where you land.

Crest
Take it from a chest in the northwest corner of the Sanubia Desert (fourth area)

Sigil
Play a Cactuar mini-game in the Sanubia Desert to find the Sigil. Start at the Cactuar monument in front of the sand storm. This tells you about the 10 Cactuars. When you find each of them, each will play a game with you. In this game, you must catch them before the time runs out, and they can't be onto you. You don't really need to win these little games, you'll still get an orb even if you fail. You must return all the orbs individually to the monument in order to get the Sigil below. When you complete one Cactuars mini-quest, you'll be prompted to do another by the monument, the monument gives you little clues. But each of the mini-quests come at random and have no specific order, so here are all of them.

1. Tomay - At the Bikanel Island oasis (1st desert area)

2. Rovivea - Northwest area of the 2nd desert area

3. Chava - Hiding behind the Al Bhed 20% off sign in the 4th area

4. Alek - Running around the ruins in the West section of the 3rd area

5. Aloja - Same as above

6. Vachella - Hidden behind the save sphere in the 2nd area

7. Robeya - In a treasure chest in the Southwestern part of the 3rd area

8. Issra - In an antlion pit in the 4th area. (But you must first leave the 4th area and return for the Cactuar to be there)

9. Elio - At the Bikanel Island oasis, but he warps onto your airship. He can be found inside the airship.

10. Flaile - He appears back at the monument once you get 9 Cactuars

Kimahri - Spirit Lance

Aeon Effect - Ixion breaks the 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - You'll find some glowing Cactuar monuments located throughout the Thunder Plains. Press the Square button to pray at three of them. Then, follow the ghostly Cactuar that appears to a wrecked thunder tower. Pray at the base of the tower to uncover a treasure chest, which contains the weapon.

Crest - Go back to Mt. Gagazet, just a little beyond where you fought Seymour. It's located behind a pillar on the left.

Sigil - Win the butterfly-catching mini-game in the Macalania Forest. What you do in the mini-game is touch all the blue butterflies within the allotted time limit. Touching a red butterfly engages a battle and wastes some time. This is harder than it seems. Believe me.

Secret Aeons

Anima
Seymour's Aeon can be yours, I assume you've already collected the Destruction Sphere treasures from the 6 Aeon shrines already. If you missed a few, you can return to the shrines after beating the Seymour inside Sin. Input the airship co-ordinates X16 Y57 to reach the Baaj Temple. Tidus, Wakka and Rikku jump into the lake and Tidus vows to finish something he started with an aquatic beast that bested him in the start. This beast can prove to be difficult. Rikku's grenades and gems will make the battle a lot easier. Once you get that thing out of the way, you'll dive into an undersea Fayth. Yuna will pray here and receive Anima.

Yojimbo
You'll find Yojimbo in the forgotten cave between the Calm Lands and Mt. Gagazet. You can find the cave underneath the bridge at the exit of the Calm Lands. You'll encounter a spirit in the cave. She'll summon Yojimbo to fight you, but he's a complete pushover to beat. Afterward, Yuna will be able to enter the Fayth. However Yojimbo will not join the party for free. He requests 300,000 gil for his services. Although you can probably haggle the price down to around 170,000-200,000. He has no real overdrive, and can't cast spells, and won't let you control him. He asks for money for each attack. You can pay 1 gil for his normal attacks, or fi you pay him lots of gil he'll whip out Zanmato, an Odin-ish move which slices enemies in half.

Magus Sisters (Cindy, Sandy and Mindy)

First, you must capture 1 of each monster in the Calm Lands and Mt. Gagazet. Return to the monster trainer in the Calm Lands to receive a small prize. Once you get all 21 creatures, go to the southeast corner of the Calm Lands on a chocobo. You'll see a feather on a ledge. Use it to get your chocobo to jump to a hidden ledge. Then, get off the chocobo and get to the Remiem Temple. Yuna must now face off against an Aeon trainer against every Aeon she has. You can heal between fights, so it shouldn't be too hard. Eventually, you win two items that will open the nearby door to the Fayth of the Magus Sisters. On the way out, you can challenge the Aeon trainer one last time for a special item. She uses the Sisters in the last fight, so use Anima for the last duel.

*places hands in a large bowl filled with cold water and ice* Ahhhh, that's refreshing. Anyways, I hope this helped.

Edit: *fixes some typos*

-N-
07-29-2002, 07:12 PM
It had better help. I'm piss tired of answering the same question again and again. Maybe I should do one for the AP trick crap.

edit: Ok, to be productive for once, the lowest Yojimbo will go is 202500 gil. So if he offers that, might as well pay up. If you offer him triple his asking price, he'll throw in 2 Teleport Spheres.

For the aeon effects, you only need to power up the weapon with the Crest for it to take effect.

For the Sun Sigil, your time must be BETTER than 0.0.0, otherwise you'll just get a Turbo Ether.

For the Mercury Sigil, it doesn't matter how many Loser Spheres you have, just as long as you tried to get all 10, I believe you'll get it. Catching all 10 is an obscene pain.

And trust Shoyku: The Venus and Saturn Sigils are [ expletive] hard to obtain.

Lengis
07-29-2002, 10:42 PM
lol, u wanker, I'm gona copy and paste that entire thing into my website! LMAO!

*edit* actually now that I take a look at it, you just stole that entire thing from gamefaqs.com! lol*

-N-
07-30-2002, 05:50 PM
It may be a good idea to sticky these for others in the future. Just a suggestion. That's all. Really, it is. :D

crono_logical
07-30-2002, 05:51 PM
If I'd noticed sooner, I would have :)

EDIT: I personally found the Thunder Plains and Chocobo race easy, doing both in under 1/2 hr each :)

Only Wakka's is annoying, because I really can't be bothered to play blitzball that much :p

The One Winged Angel
07-30-2002, 09:46 PM
nice one!... i found that FAQ as well ;) :P

i didn't find those 2 too difficult.. and i was like 1 tournament away from wakka's which would have been my last before my file got wiped ¬_¬

*~*~Rikku~*~*
07-31-2002, 12:22 PM
Or alternativly you can just buy the Final Fantasy X official guide, get the blitzball methods, tips on how to get all the celestial weapons and aeons, and a really good walkthrough all in one?

Oh I forgot, not everyone WANTS to spend money.....cheap skates *cough cough cough* and I already have all the aeons and celestial weapons so nyah!

And YES Wakka is a pain in the ass and he has an annoying laugh.

-N-
07-31-2002, 03:43 PM
Thank you for not adding anything intelligent, Rikku. :D

On another note, this is a question that could clear up future questions, can you get the Caladbolg on the first visit to the Calm Lands, or do you need the airship?

From what I know, Nirvana can be obtained on the first visit (win Cloudy Mirror, backtrack just a little to Macalania and make it Celestial, and then go back to Calm Lands), and since Nirvana is in the Calm Lands, I hope the same applies for Caladbolg.

The One Winged Angel
07-31-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by princeofdarknez
Thank you for not adding anything intelligent, Rikku. :D

On another note, this is a question that could clear up future questions, can you get the Caladbolg on the first visit to the Calm Lands, or do you need the airship?

From what I know, Nirvana can be obtained on the first visit (win Cloudy Mirror, backtrack just a little to Macalania and make it Celestial, and then go back to Calm Lands), and since Nirvana is in the Calm Lands, I hope the same applies for Caladbolg.

i think you can.. not sure tho.. i'm pretty sure i got it first go, tho even if i didn't it wudn't have been muich after so *shrug*

u can get the Nirvana 1st visit.. but to power it up u need the ship (to get Anima)

Heath
08-03-2002, 10:30 AM

I'll try to find out for you. I have got my Basic sphere grid file (Yuna, Wakka and Kimarhi) up to Calm Lands just after Bevelle so I'll try today.

Masamune 2
08-09-2002, 03:46 AM
You can get Tidus and Yuna's Celestial weapons on your 1st visit to the Calm Lands. You need to train a chocobo so that you can get to Remiem Temple. Than race the chocobo and win. You should have the Cloudy Mirror. Return to Macalania Woods change the Cloudy Mirror into the Celestial Mirror. Go back to the Calm Land, train chocobos and get the other ways to train them. Beat the Trainer by racing and you can get Tidus Caladbolg. For Yuna's all you need to do is capture all the fiends in the Calm Land. Then use the Celestial Mirror on the treaure box that the guy gives you and you now have th Nirvana.

Heath
08-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Masamune 2
You can get Tidus and Yuna's Celestial weapons on your 1st visit to the Calm Lands. You need to train a chocobo so that you can get to Remiem Temple. Than race the chocobo and win.

Thats funny on my file at CALM LANDS I can't find the trainer anywhere. Yet when I played on, returned in the Airship the trainer WAS there. I'm playing a PAL Australia and New Zealand copy (I live in Uk but a friend bought it for me who lives there, because Uk is PAL).

-N-
08-12-2002, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I got Caladbolg, Nirvana, and Sun Sigil first time at the Calm Lands all right. If you can't find the Chocobo Lady, just exit the Calm Lands and re-enter, and hopefully she'll be there again.

Which leads me to another question: Do you have to power up a Celestial Weapon with a Crest before you use the Sigil?

~Zodiac~
08-16-2002, 04:12 PM
In my savegame, when i first arrived there the lady was in North West of Calm Lands, after i did the Sun Sigil thing with the Chocobo racing, everytime i go to the Calm lands she sout of the Little village standing there ready to give you a Chocobo :)

Psychotic
08-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Small problem with getting the Sun Crest:
After going to the Zanarkand Dome I head straigh into the room where I beat Yunalesca.This is where the problem comes in: Dark Bahamut dislikes me for some reason and decides, just for a laugh, to wipe out my party doing regular attacks(either 99,999 or 999,999 I can't tell cause he does it too fast)*Repeats twice*
ARGH! HOW DO I GET THE SUN CREST IF THAT THING IS IN THE WAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
And don't say beat it.In all three attempts I only got one turn(Couldn't escape so I did the honourable thing and attacked.It missed.)

-N-
08-20-2002, 04:32 AM
Buy FFX North America. :D

~Zodiac~
08-21-2002, 11:42 AM
Had the same problem here, well you got 3 choices,

1. Start the game all over (and sacrifice all your hours >.<)
2. Kill the Bastard when your strong enough (the most painfull choice)
3. Kill Dark Bahamut with Yojimbo's Zanmato which slices him in little pieces :joey: :radred:

I made choice one (I was at 78 Hours) but that was cuz i missed the treasures in some temples so I couldnt get Anima and Magus Sisters ;/.

Psychotic
08-21-2002, 06:58 PM
hmmm Choice 1 perhaps.I don't have all treasure either and I'm less further in than you were(See sig)
Still, I might as well just complete it first and make my own Ultimate weapon with Dark Matter.(nearly got all monsters 5X)
Umm how much will Zanmato set me back? :radred:

EDIT:First of all you don't need a chocobo to get Mars Crest
and as for Yojimbo offer him 130 000(or 135 000 if he says no deal) then 140 000 then 150 000.You can then get him for under 200 000

Sita Atis
09-14-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by *~*~Rikku~*~*
Or alternativly you can just buy the Final Fantasy X official guide, get the blitzball methods, tips on how to get all the celestial weapons and aeons, and a really good walkthrough all in one?

I have the piggyback guide version, and I only got it cuz I like pretty pictures :D . If you're refering to the piggyback version which is the european one, not north american, they really didn't do a great job at blitzball tips, only like a paragraph.

And I don't think people are cheapskates, why pay $35 (which was how much this guide costs in Aussie dollars) when you can get your questions answered for free?

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-08-2002, 03:29 AM
i still cant get wakkas sigil....i have all of his overdrives won 52 times....what do i need to do!!!

Chimp
11-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Ha, you restarted your game for nothing :p After you Beat Seymour for the very last time and yuna sends him you can go back to all the temples and get all the treasures :D?

Zemlezett
11-11-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic

1-2 million gil should be good enough. My Yojimbo can take out basically anything in the game if I pay him about 2 million gil. It's pretty easy to get the gil too. Either do the gillionare mime chest thing, or fight original monster creations with passado (Catastrophe is nice and easy with it.) to get about 200,000 gil each time from selling triple ap weapons.

Wakkas sigil took me about 80 games.

also, for those playing international, getting the temple treasures can be quite difficult in two places because two aeons are blocking the way. Dark Valefor and Dark Shiva. While Dark Valefor can be taken down by aeons alone (assuming if you have aeons like Anima and the Magus sisters) Dark Shiva is incredibly fast and needs abit of stat raising to beat (or just strength stat raised if you have Wakka's celestial weapon powered up with attack reels)

For Dark Bahamut, if you don't want to take the easy way of Zanmato out, I'd recommend:

~Having decent H.P (30,000 on everyone is defintely a good start especially combined with a stamina tonic.)

~Auto-Phoenix (duhr:choc: )

~Auto-Life( Not recommended but very handy at times )

~Ribbon status on your armour on everyone (1 ribbon status armour from capturing five of every monster in the game areas.) The rest should be gotten from the dark aeons

~Attack reels and if you are fighting Dark Bahamut for the challenge, Blitz Ace.

~Very high stats in areas like defence, strength, H.P, Magic Defence...etc etc

Try and get those for a start :)

Yuffie2
11-13-2002, 12:17 AM
woah ur rich! im well..er...broke ^_^;;

Tarshish
11-21-2002, 05:18 AM
I'm trying to get the blossom crown and I killed ( I think) every monster on Mt Gagazet. What are all the monsters that I need to kill.

Yuffie2
11-21-2002, 09:37 PM
um.....donno ^_^;;

Levian
11-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Bandersnatch - a.... wolf, not a dog, yeah that's it
Ahriman - yellow eyegore clone
Dark Flan - Bill Cosby's favorite slime
Grenade - a blue bomb type enemy
Guratto - a blue seed-shooting plant
Grendel - blue beast with 4 horns on his back
Bashura - a 4 armed yeti
Mandragora - huge plant with tall arms
Behemoth - a giant purple beast with a brown Mohawk
Supurashya - piranha fish, sometimes in groups of 2 or 3
Akeorosu - angel-like fish
Rising Spike - a large fish with 2 huge horns

some of them have other names in the english version(guratto,supurashya,akeorosu.,)... couldn't come up with the other names

Tarshish
11-25-2002, 02:41 PM
Thanks for going to the trouble.

Levian
11-28-2002, 09:40 AM
no prob i just copyed it of somewhere and translated some names:D

Psychotic
12-04-2002, 06:52 PM
People were still posting about my Dark bahamut Problem in November, yeesh, I forgot to mention what I did to him in August/September/whenever.

Zanmato :) and all of his little friends went out the same way. I found that to do Zanmato all you needed to do was get Yojimbo(but it's easier if you get Yuna) into overdrive, and pay him half my money. I once paid him 2000 and he did it mwahahahahah

And as people in this topic were taling bout gamefaqs.com a little while ago, I can mention that I have my GTA Vice city guide up there now, yay! I would do one of the FF games but I might as just well wait for FFX-2 comes out.(Oh and I am called Psychotic34 if you aren't sure which guide is mine...)

Fallen_Angel_Alexiel
12-06-2002, 08:36 PM
Give Yojimbo 600.000 gil and he'll make Zanmato....
Works 100%

ganjahunter
12-24-2002, 07:16 PM
Make sure u have first strike or u wont get a turn agaisnt drak bahamaunt.
Then as fallen angel says giv yojimbo the right amount of money and hes gone.

Moomba Misstress
03-15-2003, 08:59 AM
originally posted by princeofdarknez
edit: Ok, to be productive for once, the lowest Yojimbo will go is 202500 gil. So if he offers that, might as well pay up. If you offer him triple his asking price, he'll throw in 2 Teleport Spheres.

I paid 197,and something for my Yojimbo..... I offered 125,001, then 135,000, then 145,000 and then accepted 197,and something. (Or if that's too many choices cut out the 145,000 and go right for the 197, and something). I'm not exaclty sure how I did it but, it was less than 202,500....
And my friend payed him 3 times the amount to get the spheres and now he pays him one gil and a lot of the time Yojimbo does Zanmato! :laugh: :fd:

OH *Eternal Fantasy*: Wakka's sigil only shows up if you have all of his overdrives...

yunie
03-23-2003, 08:09 AM
hmn...
i dunno wat to say but maybe some of u know about this site but if u dunno anything about this site, u can go to this website to get free game guide/game faqs...
i usually get the faqs there... and i got all the ultimate weapon and the aeons!!! ^^ oh yah!!! i want to ask...
if u defeated all the dark aeons even penance... u will know how sin come is it?

Click here to get free game guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/)

chappu
04-27-2003, 04:46 AM
For all of you not too keen on Blitzball, and wanting to get Jupiter(Wakka's) Sigil, and if you don't care about your blitz team, just keep resetting stats until the desired prize comes up in the league. I tried it, it works, but I did it the long way, cause I wanted to keep my Blitzball team. I only have Tidus/Khimari Sigils to go, and I don't think I will ever get them. I'll have to ask a friend of mine to try and get them, cause for me, its impossible!
As for Dark Aeons, how crazy do you have to be to actually defeat them all without yojimbo! I mean, I'd have to play FFX 24 7 to do that....crazy!

The One Winged Angel
04-27-2003, 09:39 PM
not 24/7... but a while, yes..

therealquigmaster
05-25-2003, 09:14 PM
I have done all four chocobo things and the man is gone but it says it wont open

The One Winged Angel
05-25-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm assuming you want help?

Have you got the Celestial mirror? By the sounds of it i'd say you don't

therealquigmaster
05-25-2003, 11:57 PM
ok i have the cloudy mirror. Will that do lol.

The One Winged Angel
05-26-2003, 12:09 AM
Almost, go to Macalania forest and you have to talk to the woman who tells u her husband is missing, go back to the lake where tidus and yuna kissed, he's somewhere around there.. i think.. then go back and talk to them and they tell u their son is gone, go left and go up the sparkly path and he's up there looking at a plant, then you talk to the plant when he leaves and it'll charge it up... i think.. lol

Arch44
05-26-2003, 05:21 PM
My friend when he fist got his PS2 the only game he had was FF10 and he worked on it so hard when i came over his guy did 99,999 damage. My other friends are all like, "Thats impossible," what do you guys think?

The One Winged Angel
05-26-2003, 05:24 PM
a) what?!
b) the hell are you on about?
c) and what does it have to do with this topic?

Arch44
05-26-2003, 05:27 PM
a)...
b) im confused
c) absoloutly nothing

The One Winged Angel
05-26-2003, 05:30 PM
c) so why post it here?

and i didn't uderstad ur post either

Arch44
05-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Im so confused

§håd0w
07-02-2003, 10:36 PM
no it doesnt. it only works for u, because your compatibility is higher. i have to pay him 1.5 million for zenmato. and about the aeon effects... u only need the crest for aeon effects

therealquigmaster
07-06-2003, 02:47 PM
HELP. I can't get the Spirit Lance. I know how by praying in the thunder plains to the glowing rocks but they won't glow. Thanks

§håd0w
07-06-2003, 04:36 PM
1 stone will always glow. once u pray at that, the other ones will switch back and forth between glowing. a good way to do it is wait by the stone until it glows and then pray

haravikk
07-27-2003, 05:25 PM
I got Zanmato with only 149,999 odd gil, I followed advice elsewhere in this forum and got Yuna's overdrive up, grand summoned Yojimbo (who I named Jimmy :D) and then gave him all but one of my gil (I had just under 150,000 mb more I can't remember).

And the insane lightning dodging? I did it first try, I reckon I dodged around 220 times total since I had to keep compensating for my losing count a lot :D

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 06:10 PM
same here with the dodging. and as for yojimbo, ive got zanmato for as cheap as 600,000. theres a lot of calculations going into what he does, but in the end, if his motivation is over 80 then he does zanmato. its really confusing, but a full od only adds 2 points, which isnt gonna get u anywhere. but if u pay him more than 75% of ur gil, its supposed to add more points. whatever, im just goin on and none of u are prolly understanding the words coming out of my mouth. just goto gamefaqs. theres a really good explanation there. and as for paying him 1 gil and him doin zanmato, that sounds like crap. if u pay him 1 gil he does diagoro or kozuka. nothing else

jochirin
08-14-2003, 12:36 PM
some one told me that if u give Yojimbo 5,6 milion gil after that he will do Zanmato every time after that even if u pay him 1 gil... is this true???

§håd0w
08-15-2003, 12:55 AM
nope. he'll do either diagoro or kozuka. i got luck once and he did wakizashi, but he only did that once. but if u pay him a shit load, he will become more compatible with yuna (FFVIII reference!!!) and hence he will do better attacks for less. but the lowest ive ever had him do zanmato was for 700,000 gil. but once ur compatability goes to 255, he'll do zanmato for about 1 mil. maybe a lil less, but not too much

Xander
08-20-2003, 10:53 AM
I have a couple of questions about getting ultimate weapons.

1 - Where is the cactaur statue in Sanubia Desert where you have to play the mini game? I went around it loads when I was monster capturing but didn't see it.

2 - To beat Belgemine's aeons and get The Magus Sisters do you HAVE to have Anima?

Oh and to add, after I got Yojimbo I always paid him between 1 and 5 gil, cos I'm so tight :p well I was saving my money at the time, and one time he did do Zanmato (when he had his overdrive full)...so it can be done but I have no idea why.

I've decided I'm bad at chocobo racing so will forget Tidus' ultimate weapon, and I don't like blitzball so forget Wakka's..oh and lighting dodging no way....so just going for Auron's (which I got last night after 7hrs playing :D) and Rikku's. If I can find the cactaur statue..

§håd0w
08-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Xander
I have a couple of questions about getting ultimate weapons.

1 - Where is the cactaur statue in Sanubia Desert where you have to play the mini game? I went around it loads when I was monster capturing but didn't see it.

2 - To beat Belgemine's aeons and get The Magus Sisters do you HAVE to have Anima?

Oh and to add, after I got Yojimbo I always paid him between 1 and 5 gil, cos I'm so tight :p well I was saving my money at the time, and one time he did do Zanmato (when he had his overdrive full)...so it can be done but I have no idea why.

I've decided I'm bad at chocobo racing so will forget Tidus' ultimate weapon, and I don't like blitzball so forget Wakka's..oh and lighting dodging no way....so just going for Auron's (which I got last night after 7hrs playing :D) and Rikku's. If I can find the cactaur statue..

1: 4th screen, south east east side (not a typo, i meant for 2 easts)

2: You must have all the aeons (except magus obiovusly) and the flower septor and blossom crown

3: yojimbo's attacks are based on your compatablilty and his motivation

Xander
08-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the help I found the cactaur thing, but can't be bothered to get Yuna's ultimate weapon right now..
But how can Yojimbo be that compatible with me when I've not once paid him more than 1000gil and offered him "0" once. Maybe just luck then I guess. Or he just likes me :D

Unless there's any difference in the country versions of the game for Yojimbo although I guess there wouldn't be. So..just luck?

§håd0w
08-21-2003, 11:36 PM
o man... that has to be sheer luck then. paying him 0 lowers the compatability a few points and he dismisses himself. ouch...

its something like

compatability + motivation from gil + what choice u chose at the fayth + overdrive + random number between 4 and 63 = final motivation

check gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/27609.html) for the formula.

Xander
08-21-2003, 11:47 PM
Yeah I read that Faqs, well he certainly gets no motivation from gil so I have no idea, he always seems to do Zanmato when his overdrive is full well usually anyway about three times out of the four when I did use it, it feels like cheating using it though so I'm not going to use it on any dark aeons! (world's longest sentence there :p) Although it is so tempting...

§håd0w
08-22-2003, 12:02 AM
haha. i used it on the dark aeons. but its a helluva lot harder for him to do against them tho

Xander
08-22-2003, 12:12 AM
Hehe, me and my friend used it on Dark Bahamut today for 1000gil just to see what we got... I wanted to show her the armour.. didn't save after though.. I used it on Ultima weapon too dunno why I just didn't want to lose the money I'd made in the Omega Ruins, didn't get anything much for that fight though...

§håd0w
08-22-2003, 12:16 AM
ha. i just bribed ultima. needed the pendulum like mad

The Witch ferdie
08-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Hey - I am a bit of newbie to this game - well truth be told I am not actually - I just dont get much time to play it is all!! I think I must be the oldest person on here!

Well just one question really - How on earth do I get more break HP weapons - I only got one and well I NEED to defeat the Dark Aeons to get Anima and so far I is not having a lot of luck!

Any help would be very much appreciated as I am just about to go bald thorugh stress.

:(

§håd0w
08-31-2003, 12:34 AM
Dark Aeons aren't a requirement for Anima. But anyway... Its 70 dark matter. Or if you have beat Nemesis, he'll drop Break Damage Limit and/or break HP limit weapons and shields

Celes
09-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Ok don't stone me to death if this has been asked before-- I got FFX a couple months ago, I bought it in the U.S. I am at the end of the game, and I am looking for the Dark Aeons--Is my game the one that just doesn't have them? If the U.S. version doesn't have it, where do you have to live to get the version with the dark aeons?

Xander
09-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Your right, the U.S version doesn't have dark aeons. Think yourself lucky you can get into some of the temples that I can't cos they are blocking them! :p

As far as I know it is the International and European versions of the games that have them (unless international and european is the same, I live in the UK and have them).

zoti
12-04-2003, 06:22 PM
øhem... with yojimbo i just give him 1 gil and he does a 9999 attack.
then i'am give him 5 or 10 gils... zanmato yeye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it works for me........

§håd0w
12-04-2003, 07:08 PM
I'm not doubting you, but I find it a bit hard to believe he does Zanmato whilst being paid 5-10 gil. I'm not calling you a liar, but I went through the system recently and and did it again today (plugging in your stuff) and maxed out everything, and did every possible choice, and it still cam up short. Once again, I'm not doubting you, I just find it hard to believe.

As for Dark Aeons, the American stateside release of FFX-2 has the Heretic Aeons (which appear in all of the FFX-2 versions,) so we finally got something good.

zoti
12-05-2003, 11:49 AM
okey okey.. maybye not every time, but almost sorry! :D øhem....

§håd0w
12-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Lol, that sounds a little more realistic... (I'm such an ass, aren't I?)

Y*U*N*E*I*
12-22-2003, 08:19 AM
HI and thanx alot for this topic i really need it...

iam sorry i didnt had chance to read all the topic >>>
:greenie:

so i want to ask u ....... i take all the items for the the Legandry Weapons and i allso have al the Legandry Weapons for all the ch but i dont know where should i go to make it working so i can use it in battels

thanx alot waiting fot ur replay

yuni :love:

Phantom_Dream
12-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Zanmato Reference: It is possible to get Zanmato by paying one gil (That happens to me at WRONG times however), and it is also possible to get Zanmato against Dark Aeons for 60.000 Gil, which I payed recently (I'm not too far into the gae, only Nirvana is fully powered and I got all Aeons))

§håd0w
12-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Y*U*N*E*I*
HI and thanx alot for this topic i really need it...

iam sorry i didnt had chance to read all the topic >>>
:greenie:

so i want to ask u ....... i take all the items for the the Legandry Weapons and i allso have al the Legandry Weapons for all the ch but i dont know where should i go to make it working so i can use it in battels

thanx alot waiting fot ur replay

yuni :love:

Go back to Macalania Woods, where the first save sphere is, and take the white path leading up into the trees. If you have the the Crests and Sigils for the respective weapons, then you can charge them by speaking to the funky thing in the tree (First area after walking on white path, you will come to an intersection, go up) Now just keep clicking on everyone's name until the weapons are fully charged.

Octavious
03-23-2004, 03:09 AM
It takes A LOT of time for certain monsters to pop up in certain locations... (Like the thunder plains, ive been looking for 2 monsters i havnt captured for 2 hours!) any tips?

jochirin
03-23-2004, 11:17 AM
the chanse to gett zanamato is determaind by several things. the money you pay him how mutch he likes you (to make him like u use him often and dont lett him use diagaro that means he will like u less. also if paying him difrent amounts off money will raise how mutch he likes you) and also a random number.then you multiply the numbers if the number is high enough ZANAMATO!!!
it is posible or so i have heard to always gett zanamato by paying one gill but it takes time!!!.

§håd0w
03-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Octavious
It takes A LOT of time for certain monsters to pop up in certain locations... (Like the thunder plains, ive been looking for 2 monsters i havnt captured for 2 hours!) any tips?

Nope, except for certain fiends appear in certain areas. It's all random.

Read the previous post goddammit
it is posible or so i have heard to always gett zanamato by paying one gill but it takes time!!!.

Nope, I've tried over and over, and it's not possible. People say these things and it gets annoying after awhile. It pisses me off just as much as people who claimed to have revived Aeris. It can't be done. The only way for it to be done with only 1 gil, is through a Gameshark, I've done it that way, but unless someone can send a video of them doing it without a Gameshark or coding device (as in filming the boot up screen on the PS2 and loading, etc...) then I will insist on them lying.

jochirin
03-24-2004, 08:40 PM
anyway the things that i have said other than that is true caus that i have noticed i canot get anything but wakisashi and zanamato any more becaus of how mutch he likes me. and as i stated i have only heard of the one gill thing. it was something like paying him over 5mill one time and you will always gett it. it is thoug posible to pay him not to mutch money and have a very good ratio of getting zanamato i pay round 20000-10000 and get it most of the time.

§håd0w
03-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I can agree with the rest of your post, and I have also got Zanmato for as low as 30,000 gil.

Zanakand
04-29-2004, 03:18 AM
Thanks for going to the trouble.

Dont forget to get a weapon with the catcher abilitty :)

listentomystory
05-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Celestial Weapons

Tidus - Caladbolg

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Avoid Counter, Magic Counter

Weapon - Found in the northwest end of the Calm Lands, down a narrow pathway. A person blocks the way until you win all four chocobo contests in the Calm Lands. The chocobo trainer is in the center of the area, near the save sphere.

Crest - Return to the room in Yevon Dome in which you fought Yunalesca. The crest is in a treasure chest.

Sigil - Re-do the fourth-chocobo training race in the Calm Lands and achieve a time of 0:00. Just try to avoid the birds as much as possible and try getting as many balloons as you can. You probably won't do this in the first few attempts, but the balloon arrangement is random, so the odds might be in your favor eventually.

Wakka - World Champion

Aeon Effect - Grants Ifrit to be able to break the 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - The World Champion ball is given to you from the Luca bartender once you've won 5 Blitzball games.

Crest - Located in the Besaid Aurochs' locker room at the Luca Stadium.

Sigil - Found as a grand prize in Blitzball. Must first have all 4 of Wakka's overdrives.

Yuna - Nirvana

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Double AP, MP Cost 1

Aeon Effect - Valefore is able to break the 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - The monster trainer in the Calm Lands gives the weapon to you once you get 1 of every creature found in the Calm Lands.

Crest - Go back to the Besaid Beach. Yuna's Crest is in a chest there. Swim into the water and go up to the coastline until you see it.

Sigil - You get her Sigil after beating all eight of the Bergimene's Aeons in the Remiem Temple. In order to get to the Remiem Temple, you must first go into the Calm Lands and get a Chocobo from the Trainer. Then go back to the entrance of the Calm Lands. Once there, head to the far right, and you'll find a feather which signals the Chocobo to jump. From there, you can find your way into the temple.

Auron - Masamune

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Pre-emptive Attack, Counter

Aeon Effect - Allows Yojimbo to break 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - Located near the cave under the Valley (located underneath the bridge at the end of the Calm Lands) you'll find a Rusty Sword. Take this sword to the Mushroom Rock Road. On the left side of the road, you'll notice a small nook with an elevator. Insert the Rusty Sword into the battle statue there to receive the Masamune.

Crest - Found in a chest on the Old Mi'ihen Road. (Requires a Chocobo to reach)

Sigil - Requires you to capture one of each monster in 10 different monster catching areas. The monster trainer will reward you with Aurons Sigil.

Lulu - Onion Knight

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Magic Booster, MP Cost 1

Aeon Effect - Shiva can break the 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - To find this weapon, return to the Baaj Temple. You'll find a chest near a wall in the lake. When the camera starts zooming in, you're close.

Crest - Go back into the Farplane in Guadosalam to find the Crest.

Sigil - Return to the Thunder Plains to begin the quest. If you can dodge 200 consecutive bolts of lightning by pressing the X button when the screen flashes successfully, you'll be rewarded by finding a chest in front of the Inn which contains the Sigil. This little mini-game will take about a half hour.

WARNING - Trying this is a completely insane. Don't attempt doing this unless you're one of those people who simply has to get everything.

Rikku - Godhand

Abilities - Break 9999 Damage, 3x Overdrive, Double AP, Gillionaire

Weapon - While on the airship input the password GOD-HAND and in the location, grab the actual weapon from a chest located not far off from where you land.

Crest
Take it from a chest in the northwest corner of the Sanubia Desert (fourth area)

Sigil
Play a Cactuar mini-game in the Sanubia Desert to find the Sigil. Start at the Cactuar monument in front of the sand storm. This tells you about the 10 Cactuars. When you find each of them, each will play a game with you. In this game, you must catch them before the time runs out, and they can't be onto you. You don't really need to win these little games, you'll still get an orb even if you fail. You must return all the orbs individually to the monument in order to get the Sigil below. When you complete one Cactuars mini-quest, you'll be prompted to do another by the monument, the monument gives you little clues. But each of the mini-quests come at random and have no specific order, so here are all of them.

1. Tomay - At the Bikanel Island oasis (1st desert area)

2. Rovivea - Northwest area of the 2nd desert area

3. Chava - Hiding behind the Al Bhed 20% off sign in the 4th area

4. Alek - Running around the ruins in the West section of the 3rd area

5. Aloja - Same as above

6. Vachella - Hidden behind the save sphere in the 2nd area

7. Robeya - In a treasure chest in the Southwestern part of the 3rd area

8. Issra - In an antlion pit in the 4th area. (But you must first leave the 4th area and return for the Cactuar to be there)

9. Elio - At the Bikanel Island oasis, but he warps onto your airship. He can be found inside the airship.

10. Flaile - He appears back at the monument once you get 9 Cactuars

Kimahri - Spirit Lance

Aeon Effect - Ixion breaks the 9999 damage limit.

Weapon - You'll find some glowing Cactuar monuments located throughout the Thunder Plains. Press the Square button to pray at three of them. Then, follow the ghostly Cactuar that appears to a wrecked thunder tower. Pray at the base of the tower to uncover a treasure chest, which contains the weapon.

Crest - Go back to Mt. Gagazet, just a little beyond where you fought Seymour. It's located behind a pillar on the left.

Sigil - Win the butterfly-catching mini-game in the Macalania Forest. What you do in the mini-game is touch all the blue butterflies within the allotted time limit. Touching a red butterfly engages a battle and wastes some time. This is harder than it seems. Believe me.

Secret Aeons

Anima
Seymour's Aeon can be yours, I assume you've already collected the Destruction Sphere treasures from the 6 Aeon shrines already. If you missed a few, you can return to the shrines after beating the Seymour inside Sin. Input the airship co-ordinates X16 Y57 to reach the Baaj Temple. Tidus, Wakka and Rikku jump into the lake and Tidus vows to finish something he started with an aquatic beast that bested him in the start. This beast can prove to be difficult. Rikku's grenades and gems will make the battle a lot easier. Once you get that thing out of the way, you'll dive into an undersea Fayth. Yuna will pray here and receive Anima.

Yojimbo
You'll find Yojimbo in the forgotten cave between the Calm Lands and Mt. Gagazet. You can find the cave underneath the bridge at the exit of the Calm Lands. You'll encounter a spirit in the cave. She'll summon Yojimbo to fight you, but he's a complete pushover to beat. Afterward, Yuna will be able to enter the Fayth. However Yojimbo will not join the party for free. He requests 300,000 gil for his services. Although you can probably haggle the price down to around 170,000-200,000. He has no real overdrive, and can't cast spells, and won't let you control him. He asks for money for each attack. You can pay 1 gil for his normal attacks, or fi you pay him lots of gil he'll whip out Zanmato, an Odin-ish move which slices enemies in half.

Magus Sisters (Cindy, Sandy and Mindy)

First, you must capture 1 of each monster in the Calm Lands and Mt. Gagazet. Return to the monster trainer in the Calm Lands to receive a small prize. Once you get all 21 creatures, go to the southeast corner of the Calm Lands on a chocobo. You'll see a feather on a ledge. Use it to get your chocobo to jump to a hidden ledge. Then, get off the chocobo and get to the Remiem Temple. Yuna must now face off against an Aeon trainer against every Aeon she has. You can heal between fights, so it shouldn't be too hard. Eventually, you win two items that will open the nearby door to the Fayth of the Magus Sisters. On the way out, you can challenge the Aeon trainer one last time for a special item. She uses the Sisters in the last fight, so use Anima for the last duel.

*places hands in a large bowl filled with cold water and ice* Ahhhh, that's refreshing. Anyways, I hope this helped.

Edit: *fixes some typos*
i got lulus sigil i was 185 and i closed my eyes cuz i was getting tired and i got struck by lightning so i started again straight away and got it!

Nemesis the Warlock
05-24-2004, 01:46 PM
That was a long quote.

Do these celestial weapons exist in the PAL version? Because I have almost all the crests and sigils (Thunderplains was the easiest), but can't find any of those weapons. I found the password GODHAND, which leads me to a locked crate. I captured ten of every monster in the world, but didn't get a weapon for that. I've won about a hundred games of Blitzkriegball, but didn't get anything from the barman in Luca. I can't find anything in the north of the Calm Lands after the bloke walks off to watch the race. What's going on?

§håd0w
05-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah, they just might be in different places. For I know some of the weapons have different challenges (such as Dark Aeons) in the Intl. version.

Nemesis the Warlock
05-26-2004, 02:37 PM
I found out what I was doing wrong. I need the celestial mirror in this version, too.

I really need those weapons to stand any chance against the Dark Aeons. Dark Valefor and Shiva seem to know kung fu, and evade everything I throw at them. I got Zanmato on Dark Ixion, but it came right back for more, and I forgot to heal...

nevermind6794
06-01-2004, 10:28 PM
I can't find Wakka's crest in the locker room. Is there anything I have to do before I can get it? I've looked around and it wasn't there.

Behold the Void
06-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Go through the Auroch's locker room again, search the lockers thoroughly. If you can't find it there, then your game might be buggy, I don't know.

nevermind6794
06-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Oh, I looked around the lockers but I don't think any of them opened. Let me go look.

EDIT: Yeah, it was in a locker. I guess I didn't face directly towards them or something. Thanks.

Renzokuken_RedDragon
10-06-2004, 08:42 PM
I get Zanmato for only 1300 gil each time. y does every1 else pay so much?
:tongue:

chilpepper
01-30-2005, 09:36 AM
small problem: my first time in Macalania woods ive done the 2 butterfly games and the only thing ive got was in the 1st area a MP sphere and in the 2nd an Ether. how do i get Kimahri's sigil????????

ow and the treasure chest with kimahri's weapon in it....it wont open :confused:

alexholker
01-30-2005, 01:07 PM
As far as I know, you need to do the butterfly catcher sidequest again, after getting the airship.

Do you have the celestial mirror? You need it to open the chests containing the celestial weapons.

chilpepper
01-30-2005, 04:36 PM
no, where can I find the mirror?

alexholker
01-30-2005, 04:48 PM
You get the Cloudy Mirror by winning the chocobo race at Remium Temple. Take it to Macalania Forest (on the high, ice road) to turn it into the Celestial Mirror, after performing a few tasks. There is a person either near the Save Sphere nearest the Thunder Plains, or on the ice road, you need to talk to them, then help them find their family members.

chilpepper
01-30-2005, 09:18 PM
thanks man.
im now in 'Via Purifico' under Bevelle and ive got all kinds of spheres, but i wanna have ultima and holy for lulu and yuna. problem is, for both character's sphere grids those spells are like 30 lvl ups away?? is that normal or can I get the spells quicker?

§håd0w
01-31-2005, 01:25 AM
That's about normal. You shouldn't have either of those spells until you obtain the airship for good.

bigbri2k5
02-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Actually the lowest you can get Yojimbo for is 200000!
choose the bottom of the 3 options and keep offering 200000 and hell agree.
secondly in battle i pay him 10 gil an attack and after a set number he uses zanmato twice which can help beat belgemine. Use yojimbo on valefor until he uses zanmato then fight anima and he uses it first attack!!!

§håd0w
02-09-2005, 11:54 PM
It's actually possible to get him for less. Start by offering half the desired, and then gradually increase each time, it may take a while, but it's very well possible to get him for about 175,000.

amratis
02-14-2005, 04:48 PM
nope. he'll do either diagoro or kozuka. i got luck once and he did wakizashi, but he only did that once. but if u pay him a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif load, he will become more compatible with yuna (FFVIII reference!!!) and hence he will do better attacks for less. but the lowest ive ever had him do zanmato was for 700,000 gil. but once ur compatability goes to 255, he'll do zanmato for about 1 mil. maybe a lil less, but not too much

Damn, I was playing X today and Yojimbo did Zanmato for 5000 gil. My compatability must be high, but I havent even had him for that long. :confused:

EDIT - Just did it again for 2500. ho ho

Tigmafuzz
03-15-2005, 09:23 PM
e

Fireblade13
03-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Does no one have anything to prove exept that they can get this gil I mean zanmato is a super cheap shot

Kiwi Nazi
03-25-2005, 09:54 PM
WHAT!? How can you get zanmato for 2,500 gil? What's with Yojimbo's overdrive gauge anyway, it's not like he needs it, i hate him...

rubah
03-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Yoji's overdrive makes it more likely he'll use zanmoto.

And remember that for people playing the international version, it's a lot easier for them to use zanmoto. There's a ovely guide on gamefaqs that explains this with a lot of math and numbers.

Nod
04-08-2005, 11:51 AM

i disagree, with perseverence and a couple of hours max getting lulu's sigil shouldn't be too difficult.

nirojan
04-13-2005, 02:06 AM
:cry: :cry: I sadly lost in the contest! :cry: :cry:

danceswithkeyblades
04-15-2005, 08:40 PM
im in ummm......... actually i dont know were i am im in this place were the...urgh sorry im stupid were they want to use the sin spawn to lewer sin in and i cant get past it :confused:

brennan321321321
04-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Can anyone help? Im trying to get the secret aeons and need to return to the temples to get the secret items, but when i go back i cant seem to get anywhere! what am i doing wrong?

rubah
04-17-2005, 09:00 PM
You probably need to go to the Highbridge in Bevelle.

Cruise Control
04-27-2005, 12:36 AM
boo!

It seams this is a totaly pointless thread...
Does anybody have something to say Besides how cheap they get Zanmato (mutters about slackers)

§håd0w
04-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Is there someone other than a spammer who can contribute to this thread? Or just leave it be, since it is apparently pointless.

In any case, you should have access to all the temples except for Bevelle at all times after aquiring the airship.

Cruise Control
04-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Is there someone other than a spammer who can contribute to this thread?

Were you refering to me?

§håd0w
04-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Not in particular... just a very broad and generalized comment. It just seems a lot of people post unnecessarily to keep things alive. Not saying you are that kinda of poster, but just in general. You don't have to take any offense unless I spefically direct a comment towards you.

But to continue on that Zanmato note, most of the people who post about having Yojimbo perform his ultimate attack for 1 gil, are full of crap, and full of themself. For there is this very lengthy formula to what contributes to the motivation Yojimbo possesses to use Zanmato. And if you pay 1 gil, even after paying well over 90,000,000+ gil etc... it still will not be possible for him to do Zanmato for 1 gil. And in any case, if you pay that much and he uses Wakizashi, generally at that point in the game, it kills all fiends on the screen, so Zanmato will never happen.

Cruise Control
04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
But to continue on that Zanmato note, most of the people who post about having Yojimbo perform his ultimate attack for 1 gil, are full of crap, and full of themself. For there is this very lengthy formula to what contributes to the motivation Yojimbo possesses to use Zanmato. And if you pay 1 gil, even after paying well over 90,000,000+ gil etc... it still will not be possible for him to do Zanmato for 1 gil. And in any case, if you pay that much and he uses Wakizashi, generally at that point in the game, it kills all fiends on the screen, so Zanmato will never happen.
Exactly

KuRt
04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic

1-2 million gil should be good enough. My Yojimbo can take out basically anything in the game if I pay him about 2 million gil. It's pretty easy to get the gil too. Either do the gillionare mime chest thing, or fight original monster creations with passado (Catastrophe is nice and easy with it.) to get about 200,000 gil each time from selling triple ap weapons.

2million!? Goddamn! Have Yojimbos overdrvie full and pay 1765 or 1756 and he will do Zanamato...

Also It´s good idea to get sun crest right after you kill yunalesca so you don´t have to kill the dark bad@$$

rubah
04-30-2005, 10:57 PM
You all seem to forget that people with the PAL version have it a lot easier with yoji:) You guys can raise his compatibility a lot higher.

If you have the NA or Japanese versions, plan on spending a lot more on yoji.

§håd0w
05-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Psh! PAL... Pathetic Asinine and Lame

That's how I feel about it.

Del Murder
05-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Is there someone other than a spammer who can contribute to this thread? Or just leave it be, since it is apparently pointless.

Psh! PAL... Pathetic Asinine and Lame

That's how I feel about it.
Why don't you take your own advice?

Swordsman
06-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Ha, you restarted your game for nothing :p After you Beat Seymour for the very last time and yuna sends him you can go back to all the temples and get all the treasures :D?

which is at mount gazet ??

ff-fanatix
06-06-2005, 11:11 PM
This is a spam and a questino at the same time....

WTF IS THIS THREAD ABOUT...

seriously i couldn't find or lsot the point of this thread somewhere???

Yojimbo.....he's cool for a quit onslaught...or a quick save....but he really is a big fat way of of being lazy....if your gonna take on a boss...fight it...dont send out yojimbo and hope he kills.....
takes enjoyment out the game....

tis like in ff6 ... vanish > x-zone....wow!!!

but you gotta love the zanmato on the pathetic weak and helpless enemies in besaid lol

Del Murder
06-12-2005, 11:10 PM
The purpose of this thread is to give info and help on the ultimate weapons and extra aeons, as the title implies.

Ifrite
07-20-2005, 03:12 PM
excuse me, but all my aeons that didnät break the damage limit before, broke it after my yunie got her nirvana.... i don't thinks that's up to lulu or the others at all...

Cloùd §trífë
07-24-2005, 07:13 AM
what two items is need that will open the nearby door to the Fayth of the Magus Sisters i think i got 1 but the outher i cant get

§håd0w
07-24-2005, 02:42 PM
You need the Blossom Crown and Flower Scepter. One of which you obtain by capturing one of every monster on Mt. Gagazet, and the other by defeating Belgemine's Bahamut at Remiem Temple (Crown and Scepter respectively).

KH-Cloudy
09-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Can smeone give me some tips on how to get 0:00 on the race with the trainer..?thanks=)

§håd0w
09-27-2005, 08:31 PM
You just have to get an early lead on the trainer, and maintain it by staying to the inside for the first few balloons. If you try and get the first few, usually you won't get 0:00:00. Just go to the inside as soon as the race starts and grab balloons after you pass her. Don't turn too early on the bend, and then just grab balloons like whoa, and avoid the seagulls. Occasionally the trainer will hit a seagull, so it will give you an edge.

KH-Cloudy
09-28-2005, 01:30 AM
ok thanks

Russ80
10-08-2005, 12:40 AM
the trainer hits gulls all the time. she sucks. If she gets the balloons at start (really gay when it happens), she'll usually get like 10-20 seconds. Otherwise, like 50+.

The trainer doesn't matter any except when she's stealing your d*mn balloons.

Remember it's two gulls to you, then two for the trainer, and it alternates.

Soemone on gamefaqs recommended turning sharp and zigzagging to all the balloons. This didn't work well for me b/c the chocobo tends to turn itself back straight, almost always sending you into a bird or at LEAST missing a whole clump of balloons.

What I did was control the bird LIGHTLY, turning sharp only when birds that were specifically attacking me were approaching. This way I hardly ever hit the sides (a great way to get hit by gulls and lose). This thing took my at least 2 hours, maybe 2 1/2, and by the end of it I was so pissed I was ready to throw the PS2 out the window. In fact at one point I took a break and threw some pillows and lifted the furniture and stuff to vent my anger.

The chocobo SUCKS at steering. On the part changes (turn at bottom of cliff, turn into shadow of cliff), it turns itself at least 90 degrees of the way, making it suicide to go after ballons on the outside of these turns. the chocobo WILL NOT go where you try to tell it to in these cases. That is my main gripe about this game, your commands don't actually work like they are supposed to 1/2 the time. You have to learn how the game is going to interpret what you are trying to do, and use that to beat it. It is /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifing INSANE.

I am never trying it again.

Blitzball is easy, I had the aurochs reels lined up by the time I got the airship (by that i mean the first games I played once I got the airship was the tourney that I got the aurochs reels in).

Lightning is cake compared to this.

And the other ones? Holy crap compared to chocobo racing they are almost GIVEN to you.

KH-Cloudy
10-09-2005, 06:45 AM
in my opinon chocobo and blitzball is the easiest =)

fushibai99
12-20-2005, 01:59 PM
to get Tidus's final weapon
I cant find where the stu### ####### guard guards in the clam lands. I won all the chocobo races. oterpeople told me to go northwest. where is it any way?? is it the place near the cavern of stolen thing (yojimbo) HELP me please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

i suck at bilzball and lighting.i also suck at the chocobo race my best time was 0.9.0

Psydekick
12-31-2005, 04:42 PM
I suck at chocobo races:(

Hambone
01-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Haha! I've gotten 0.0:00 like 14 times!

Psydekick
02-04-2006, 07:00 PM
WEll lucky you:)

Madrab
02-26-2006, 05:51 PM
thanks for this

Eiko Guy
02-26-2006, 08:54 PM
fushibai99

when they say northwest they mean from when you go out of macalania you go up and left

Dell
03-15-2006, 04:31 AM
thanks man.
im now in 'Via Purifico' under Bevelle and ive got all kinds of spheres, but i wanna have ultima and holy for lulu and yuna. problem is, for both character's sphere grids those spells are like 30 lvl ups away?? is that normal or can I get the spells quicker?

Kimahri sphere grid is the same as Ultima Sphere Grid.
First, have Kimahri to use return sphere to his first sphere where Ultima is, then open the Lv.4 lock. Uou need three in other to open. Then have Kimahri learns Ultima then have Lulu use Black Magic Sphere on Ultima. This is good for my Kimahri, since I made him a Black Mage.

Rikku sphere grid is the nearest to Holy Sphere Grid.
First, have Rikku to advance her sphere grid until it reach the sphere grid group that is above Holy sphere grid, then have her use LV.4 lock and open the key, have Rikku learn Holy, then have Yuna use White Magic Sphere to learn it.

I got Ultima after beating Seymour Flux and get Holy in Zanarkand.

I think this is the use of Black and White Magic Sphere you obtained in Via Purifico.

Eventhough, you gain the magic earlier, the magic still weak and requires a lot of magic stat.

qwerty100
03-31-2006, 10:21 AM
I realy hate having to get the sigles:frust: and the mirror it is so anoying my friend told me how to get them but i just can't be botherd

Dell
04-06-2006, 03:17 PM
The Celestial Mirror is easy to get. I just win Chocobo Races! Sun Sigil is mine, right now, it just left me to do Dodging Lightning for Venus Sigil and Doing the league for Jupiter Sigil.

Though the best record I can get is 47 consecutive bolt....................

Neo_Bahamut
04-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I just cant do the butterfly catching the others are easy:

I won the sun sigil at my 2nd try( I was really lucky:p )
I love blitzball so Waka's was easy too

It took me 3H to dodge 200 bolts I was getting very frustrated... I almost kicked my ps2:D

I just cant find a way to do the butterfly catching mini-game...

Laugh at face of Danger
05-19-2006, 08:29 PM
I dodged 200 lightning bolts twice, because it didn't accept my first run through... and i never know why (and i don't want any smart A$$ saying "did it hit a tower?" or "did you save?" or any of that junk, coz i didn't) and i did that at two in morning.

And for Tidus... i was fraught, and my life lost all meaning for about and hour and a half, until i cried with happiness when i got 17 balloons, and hit by only 2 birds, finsihing in like 38 seconds.

Kimahri... please... please andything but that. I'd rather go and sit by a shoopuff and wait for it to crush me than play that damn mini game, it doesn't help that you can't really see what damn colour the butterflies are until you hit a red one! I could barely do it in the damn 40 second time limit, let alone 30.

Wakka.... *cries* i hated blitzball, so much, but now i have Ropp and Jumal, everything is better.

zeilov_khaschante
07-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Ha! First, I dunno understand one thing. "Win blitz tournament in Luca to win the Attack Reels". Do you mean Tournament in Luca is the one which is the very first time in playing Blitzball in the beginning of the game or what??? Reply please.

For that fucking butterfly, I dunno why, but is there something wrong with? because when I'm sure I've allready got all butt, I got nothing?! This is the way, I walked along that tree road, got all seven butt, and at the end when I saw that chest in front of my eyes, and I stepped and pressed X, I didn't get anything, is there something wrong???

And For Blitzz, whatzz that's very-very easy matter, isn't it?

Aurongel
07-31-2006, 12:49 AM
I've had my fair share of glitches in FFX;

1: I was fighting a fire flan, and used Ultima, and it healed him for 99999 ( even weirder, I didnt even hav break hp limit, or break damage limit)

2: I got Zanmato from Yojimbo, for the price of 6000gil, when fighting Yu Yevon

3:inside sin; I killed a behemoth king, and it didn't use meteor when i killed it

4: fighting dark Ifrit (international version), attacked with Auron, on first turn, (with Masamune equipped) hit a 99999 (which is usual for me to hit at the time) and i got OVERKILL on the first attack on Dark Ifrit"

5: by far the freakiest, I got bored of playing my good file on FFX, so I made a new one. At the beggining (in Zanarkand, right before you name Tidus) i talked to the girl, who asks you to sign the ball, and the defult name for Tidus came up as "Anima00"

pinkmage
08-06-2006, 11:12 AM
This may sound really stupid but im having trouble getting auron's weapon. I have the International version so Dark Aeons and the like but it says go to mushroom rock road to get it. isnt mushroom rock road the one before the operation mi'ihen thing? So i try to get through there and get pwnd by the dark magus sisters (coz i suck at running away). surely you dont have to get past them in order to get the ultimate weapon? you need the goddamm things to stand a chance!!!! Thanks i may sound stupid but any help would be good!

Urumi_boi
08-08-2006, 11:18 AM
guys buy the book of FFX its all written there...and btw i have got lulu's weapon.....i spend a whole weekend and 1kg of coffe(!?!?!) trying it....but i felt veeeeery better...plz kids don't try it at home...some1 may kill his family trying this thing xD

Neo_Bahamut11
08-14-2006, 11:17 PM
ok this sounds like a very useual problem the anima problem i have 4 of the items from the temples becuz this was my freinds saved file becuz mine kept on mucking up at the wedding scene. so that mean i have 2 fight the dark aeons now im not complaning but i just cant do it i wanna just take um on but since the highest hp i have is auron with a punny 16000 i think im gonna be stuck on um 4 ages i no u can use yojimbu but call me stupid id rather fight um. wot im pissed of about is my orignal saved file has all the temple items. the problam is i think i need anima and cerlestial weapons 2 beat it and i just woundered do u actualy get anything 4 beating the aeons like a lot of money or a item or is it just summit pointless any help is welcome

Shin Gouken
08-14-2006, 11:25 PM
a dark matter or two for an overkill. They drop weapons or armour with break hp limit/ break damage limit and also yojimbo drops armour with ribbon attached. Which dark aeon is blocking your way? Im sure you can take it :)

Neo_Bahamut11
08-15-2006, 09:04 PM
thanks 4 that yeah i got ride of bahamut but i still have the rest i used yojimbo 2 kill him and i got the thingy 4 auron that alowed his hp 2 go past 9999 wich was cool i just wanna beat the rest without yojimbo i think the aeons r the least of me worries ok call em dum but i cant get the nevana i battle the summoner in the temple but she only has 6 aeons cuz i only have six so do i need anima 2 get the nevana i dont really understand how 2 get it but i no u have 2 get the 2 items from the summoner all the wepones i find in boxes r locked cuz i aint got the sigls or wot ever they r called i think its cuz i dont use guids but now im get frustrated as i just cant solve um without help that is y im asking thanks alot 4 the info on items buy the way thats a question can u get other good armour anywere 1ns with ribbons and break hp without fighting the aeons god i have wrote alot soz 2 any1 that is reading

pinkmage
08-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Chcocobo racing must die!!!! 0.00.1 seconds!!!!!!! :mad2: :cry: not fair......
does anyone else find that the first time you see chocobos you think 'awww theyre way cute' but when it comes down to doing the sidequests with them you want them to die?? i just remember screaming 'supid fat bird!!' at my TV when the black and wonderful chocobo didnt give me a gold one on 7....

jammi567
08-24-2006, 06:09 PM
ok call em dum but i cant get the nevana i battle the summoner in the temple but she only has 6 aeons cuz i only have six so do i need anima 2 get the nevana i dont really understand how 2 get it but i no u have 2 get the 2 items from the summoner all the wepones i find in boxes r locked cuz i aint got the sigls or wot ever they r called i think its cuz i dont use guids but now im get frustrated as i just cant solve um without help that is y im asking thanks alot 4 the info on items buy the way thats a question can u get other good armour anywere 1ns with ribbons and break hp without fighting the aeons god i have wrote alot soz 2 any1 that is reading
to get nevana, you need to capture all the creatures (minus the machines) in the calm land. To get the chest to open, you need to get the celesteral mirror. You need Anima to get the moon sigul, which powers up nervana. To your last point, you can get them by beating some of the area monsters, but i'm not sure which ones.

lufia
12-04-2006, 11:49 PM
about the sigils, crest and weapons.

Lets say i missed all of them in my prigrimage journey up to when i get the airship. are all items still accessable? :choc2:

jammi567
12-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Yes, they are. especially the sigils, as many of them you can't get until you have the airship in the first place.

lufia
12-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Yes, they are. especially the sigils, as many of them you can't get until you have the airship in the first place.

thanks man, now i can get on with the game. i was stuck at the butterfly quest and didn't want to pass it cause i was scared it disappear.

shackelford
12-09-2006, 02:34 AM
hi, i am trying to get anima, and i never got the destruction spere items before, can someone by chance list the temple locations and the name of the item the destruction spere gives you please. tyvm

ignore my post right before this one answered my own question and realized it was dumb :P thanks

Skyblade
03-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Do you have to have the Airship before you can get the Sun Sigil from the Chocobo Race?

jammi567
03-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Simple answer: yes.

Black-rose-2k7
04-23-2007, 07:35 PM
thanxfor lettin me no where the caladbolg was i had the crest and the sigil to power it up i just couldn't find it

FFIX Choco Boy
02-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I found the Chocobo Racing to be a bit much of a... a bitch. So, I skipped it, and just killed Stratoavis over and over again, overkilling it with Yuna's phisical attack, until I got 60 Dark Matters, then I customized an empty 4 slot sword with evade and counter, magic counter, triple overdrive, and break damage limit. I did it all in a course of 36 hours, and that includes sleeping, eating, and bathroom breaks. Only about 5 hours of actually playing and farming.

Next, I need to get 180 Dark matters for Lulu, Kimahri, and Wakka's weaps. I actually got Auron, Rikku, and Yuna's Sigils, so I got thier weps fully powered. I'll repost when I got the weaps done.

BTW, the Caladbolg I customized is called Excalibur and has the same skin as Brotherhood. If anyone else has customized ultimate weaps, post what they looked like and thier names.

Wakka's weap is Grand Slam and looks like the catcher ball.

Skyblade
03-06-2008, 04:19 PM
An observation on Wakka's Overdrives (for getting the Sigil for his weapon): I got his Attack Reels overdrive in my very first tournament. Despite playing every tournament during the rest of the first season and reloading each one multiple times to get the rewards to randomly respawn, I was unable to get Status Reels until Macalania Temple, at which point it was the first reward that spawned (for the start of the new season), and it spawned for that season even after continual reloading (all the other prizes changed).

I didn't notice anything similar for the Auroch's Reels: it came in randomly while capturing the Macalania fiends after I made it to the Calm Lands (I backtracked), but it made me wonder if his Overdrives may be tied to plot advancement. Anyone else notice this? Or is it old news?

DarkBahamut
04-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Give Yojimbo 600.000 gil and he'll make Zanmato....
Works 100%
Is that 600 or 600,000 (gil)? You put a decimal after the 2nd zero so I thought that it is 600 (six-hundred gil)

TheSpoonyBard
04-05-2009, 10:50 PM
An observation on Wakka's Overdrives (for getting the Sigil for his weapon): I got his Attack Reels overdrive in my very first tournament. Despite playing every tournament during the rest of the first season and reloading each one multiple times to get the rewards to randomly respawn, I was unable to get Status Reels until Macalania Temple, at which point it was the first reward that spawned (for the start of the new season), and it spawned for that season even after continual reloading (all the other prizes changed).

I didn't notice anything similar for the Auroch's Reels: it came in randomly while capturing the Macalania fiends after I made it to the Calm Lands (I backtracked), but it made me wonder if his Overdrives may be tied to plot advancement. Anyone else notice this? Or is it old news?
There's a battle requirement for his Overdrives. Attack Reels doesn't have one, but Status Reels requires 250 battles and Auroch Reels requires 450. The count begins at the start of the game. Battles need to be won. Wakka doesn't need to participate. Battles in the Monster Arena don't count.

TwilightLord
10-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Those ability names are a little off.

Break 9999 Damage should be Break Damage Limit, 3x Overdrive should be Triple Overdrive, Avoid Counter should be Evade & Counter, MP Cost 1 should be One MP Cost and Pre-emptive Attack should be First Strike.

Also, how much you need to pay Yojimbo to do his attacks depends on your "friendship" level with him. If you treat him right, it's possible to get him to do Zanmato right after summoning for free. However, the price also depends on the strength of the enemies. I know of a few people who made Yojimbo so happy that he basically does Zanmato on everything after being paid 1 gil.

Ironwings
10-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Howdy. Thanx for this; I just better mention that there is a lot more to Yojimbo's mechanics: you gotta look after this bad boy! Some math in SinirothX's epic w/t at GameFaqs. Short version: always pay him lots (don't stiff the guy), don't dismiss him without having him do some work, don't let him get whacked. This should ensure a one-hit Zanmato takedown on any mudderfricker in this game. Yea, I know a proper fight is the 'right' way, but sometimes...:D

Mirage
10-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Holy balls, this thread is 9 years old.

jeo2388
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Howdy. Thanx for this; I just better mention that there is a lot more to Yojimbo's mechanics: you gotta look after this bad boy! Some math in SinirothX's epic w/t at GameFaqs. Short version: always pay him lots (don't stiff the guy), don't dismiss him without having him do some work, don't let him get whacked. This should ensure a one-hit Zanmato takedown on any mudderfricker in this game. Yea, I know a proper fight is the 'right' way, but sometimes...:D

Also, paying him in full at the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (w/o him giving you discounts) is a good bonus to your friendship level.

TwilightLord
10-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Also, paying him in full at the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (w/o him giving you discounts) is a good bonus to your friendship level.
Also, if you pay him triple his asking price, he gains a lot of respect for you and you get two Teleport Spheres.

jeo2388
10-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Also, if you pay him triple his asking price, he gains a lot of respect for you and you get two Teleport Spheres.

Never knew. I'll give it a try.

Ex Shadow
06-10-2012, 04:18 PM
For Anima , i dont really know which temple i missed the hidden treasure.I tried all every temple to just make sure.but i dont think i can re-enter Bevelle.

I still can't light up all the statue in baaj temple.I think i missed one of the hidden treasure.

is that mean i can't get Anima ?

chionos
06-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Something fishy's going on here.

Karifean
06-16-2012, 07:57 PM
did you return to the zanarkand temple to get the treasure there? and btw, you cannot miss the anima-treasure in bevelle, it is mandatory and you open it automatically (HP-Sphere).

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-26-2014, 05:20 PM
I like that the OP said whoever goes for Lulu's sigil is completely insane.

Count me amongst the crazies, cause I went for it and achieved success.

There's tips and tricks along the way that make some of the mini-games easier. In this instance, there's a certain spot in the Thunder Plains, I think right after you enter the second screen, where you can dodge 2 or 3 lightning bolts in a row.

It's always the exact same spot on the map, so you can see it coming. Just keep walking to the same spot for about a half hour or so and that sigil is yours. Save frequently.

Ergroilnin
07-14-2014, 08:18 PM
Erm you can't save during the bolt dodging. Pretty sure touching the sphere is enough to reset the counter.

But what I would like to know... Is this hefty trick still in the HD version? Got it for the Vita and I sure hope I won't have to do it the "legal" insane way.

Mirage
07-15-2014, 02:21 AM
How sure are you?

Ergroilnin
07-15-2014, 07:30 AM
How sure are you?

Sure as in I remember something like that from three years ago. But I am 100% sure you cannot actually save and have to do the 200 dodges in a row. At least in the non remastered version but I doubt they changed that. That's the whole reason why people hate this and why it's so hard.

Karifean
07-15-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty sure the "current combo" of lightning dodges simply isn't saved. Saving shouldn't be a problem, but upon loading you're back to zero.

Ergroilnin
07-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Well or perhaps that but really for the sake of completing the dodges, it's the same thing.

Mo-Nercy
07-15-2014, 01:05 PM
So this just happened. I don't know whether to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/monercy/52f45620-e07e-4256-9d2e-7a63962a519b.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/monercy/media/52f45620-e07e-4256-9d2e-7a63962a519b.jpg.html)

Karifean
07-15-2014, 03:24 PM
I feel like crying just looking at that picture.

Zanmato
06-27-2015, 08:36 PM
I feel that I'm not gonna get all Celestial Weapons, because some challenges are too hard for me, simply. XD
Maybe I'm gonna customize some weapons to get something awesome too, who knows? XD