PDA

View Full Version : Favourites Threads in The Lounge and General Gaming

The Man
07-31-2002, 03:14 AM
<font color=38e897>They're getting started all the time. Do we need so many? It uses up lots of posts on the boards and we already have enough posts that a pruning has been necssary. I was wondering if we should sticky one of those threads and make it into a permanent "Favourite Song/Band/Movie/Anime/Game" thread. Yes, people often change their minds on these matters, but if someone changes their mind they can always post again or edit their earlier post.

I always thought that the number of topics like this was excessive, and lately, I've noticed that new ones are always getting started about once a month, so it might make sense to just have one such thread of each genre at the top of The Lounge and General Gaming. That way we don't have to post again on the same subject and clutter up the boards.

Just a thought.

Peace
Stuffed Manny<font size=2>

Citizen Bleys
07-31-2002, 05:26 AM
...or just delete the old crap threads. *nods*

Yamaneko
07-31-2002, 05:40 AM
Yes delete them. There not that important and if people want them that bad, they can save them on the HD. Plus you can't really sticky all those or else the thread would be totally confusing and there'd be like a hundred different conversations going on at once. "I like this anime" in one post and in another "No Mario is so much better than Sonic" and then there would be chaos. Delete them, easy enough, I guess.;)

Dr Unne
07-31-2002, 06:12 AM
*agrees with Bleys* A permanent sticky thread like that would get really stale really fast. Or turn into pure spam.