PDA

View Full Version : Nesticle?

Snake930
08-01-2002, 06:29 PM
ok i got nesticle right, and i got a boyandhisblob the only problem is i cant find a place to enter codes, anyone know how to add codes or where i can find another nesticle just as good and u can add codes? thanks

Yamaneko
08-01-2002, 07:47 PM
I don't use Nesticle, but try some other great NES emulators at http://www.edgeemu.com/. Have fun.:D

Dr Unne
08-01-2002, 08:14 PM
In Nesticle it's called Rom Patch or something. It's in one of the menus.

Snake930
08-02-2002, 01:31 AM
cool now i got alot of roms but when i click on the emulators all i get is a blank white screen. now what? :)

ok on this site when i download roms it has letters in bracets

(j) (e) (f) (u) (fc) (g) (pd) and others, im guessing these are the languages the text is in the games correct? cause i downloaded ff4(j) and the text was in japanese i went to download ff2 (u) (what does u mean?) and it was same game but in english let me know if i am correct about the ()s being the text language of the game heres the ones im guesing (J japanese) (e english) (f french) (g german) let me know thanks

<B>EDIT: Please refrain from double posting, there's an Edit/Delete button under your post to use instead :)</B>

crono_logical
08-02-2002, 02:13 AM
In general, yes, I've seen those bracket things to be interpreted as the language or version of the ROM - I think U is for US. E is possibly Espanol or Spanish, but I'm only guessing there :) You could always download the ROM and find out :p

Collector
08-02-2002, 04:07 AM
Usually it's...

U = US
J = Japan
E = England
F = France
G = Germany
FC or CF = French Canada
PD = Public Domain
! = confirmed good dump
b1,b2,b3, etc = bad dump

They're GoodNES codes. If you download GoodNES (a ROM sorting utility) it has a chart of what the codes mean.

Yamaneko
08-02-2002, 04:51 AM
Oh yeah, the NES emulator I use in NESten, it's there for download on that site. It plays FF1, 2, and 3 quite nicely, although I'm not to sure about the sound since I've never played FF1 or 3 for their original system and I've never played FF2 at all(only glanced at it). :D

Snake930
08-02-2002, 08:56 AM
hmm whats difference between good dump bad dump i downloaded something with a ! and when i went to unzip it was bad or something