PDA

View Full Version : Creepy.

LH
08-03-2002, 07:03 PM
It seems the guys at the top found out a way to disallow double-posting. Is this true, or am I so hungover that I am getting half-vision, the night/morning counterpart to drunken double vision?(No, it doesn't exist.)

I was going to post twice in a row something wickedly funny here (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21601) asking that if we post twice do we get double points. So no, I wasn't trying to double post without a silly reason.

Crucify me.

crono_logical
08-03-2002, 07:12 PM
test

crono_logical
teqr3qst 32

EDIT: Nope, it works, as you can see, but that's no excuse for you to go trying it ;) I posted them 10 seconds within each other, or thereabouts.

If it still doesn't work for you, the only things which could be preventing it are either a vB feature which stops you posting too often (like at Squally's place, it was one post per 30 seconds), or the second post looks so similar the vB might be "dropping" the first, as I've seen happen before, though I'm not too sure if that's an intentional feature or not.

The Man
<font color=38e897>La.

<font color=7eb7ed>Edit: Damn you crono.</font>

Peace
Stuffed Manny<font size=2>

<font color=38e897>I guess it hasn't been disabled, then. If you press back and hit "submit reply" again, though, it looks like it won't allow you to double-post, which is why crono was able to beat me. :cry: I could test this out more thoroughly, but I don't feel like it. Besides, I don't want to encourage double-posting. *nod*

Peace
Stuffed Manny<font color=ffffff>

Edit by crono_logical:Nope, it works, as you can see, but that's no excuse for you to go trying it ;) *shakes Unnes head* :p

</font><font color=7eb7ed>edit by Man: Gee, I sure didn't see that. But still, I wanted to get my revenge, and you eliminated it, darn you.</font>

<font color=3897e8>second edit by Man: I deleted my first post in this thread because it only said "La." Had I actually succeeded in double-posting, that post would have served a point, but it turned out to be complete spam. Blah.

And I think crono's right about the vB not allowing you to make the same post twice, since the reason I failed miserably at double-posting was because I kept submitting the same post and wondering why it didn't show up more than once. Then again, I apparently submitted the exact same post three times somewhere in the past, but those posts were longer by a factor of about eighty, which might've had something to do with it. ... dunno.

LH
08-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Heh. I guess that settles that.

*wanders away scratching head*

Dr Unne
08-03-2002, 11:27 PM
We used to have an anti-double-post thing a long long time ago. Not any more though. Floodcheck is also turned off at the moment.

(*adds to the List of Reasons Not to Get Drunk*)

Citizen Bleys
08-05-2002, 05:52 AM
Yeah, I bet that I could figure out the anti-double-posting hack in a few hours (Given that I'd have to find the part of the code that actually updates the database) even without consulting Acmlm (who wrote the original anti-double post hack), but...why? We don't have a problem with excessive double-posting here. The mods are our anti-double-posting measure.

Dr Unne
08-05-2002, 05:53 PM
Yeah, it'd be pointless. We're fine the way we are.

Zypher
08-05-2002, 07:05 PM
Not to mention that sometimes people <i>need</i> to double post to put up more than one attachment.