PDA

View Full Version : PoP Ups

I Love Shoyku
08-09-2002, 03:45 AM
Sigh. -_- . It has begun. The DREADED pop-ups on EoFF. Im sorry guys but I cant stand them. I know you make money off this etc, but this REALLY annoys me, going to a diffrent topic/forum, followed by 2 friggin pop ups. Meh. I might be picky, but, plz. - _-

Later
Cheffie

Garland
08-09-2002, 03:52 AM
Noone really has a choice. Ads are a necessary evil for any free service. Besides, I don't think the EoFF staff have any say in it anyhow. It's the company that hosts the fora that "make money off this". I hate ads myself, and who doesn't, but it's the only choice I think.

Dr Unne
08-09-2002, 04:56 AM
We don't make money. The popups are what keeps EoFF free so we don't have to pay our hosts to host us. You could get a popup-killer if it bothers you that much. http://www.download.com has some.

Zifnab
08-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Haha, I just got a pop-up add advertising pop-up ads XD
I wouldnt be so bothered, but I like to always be on the "Who's Online" screen, because it auto-refreshes and I don't disconnect (my ISP disconnects me if I'm idle for long enough). Now everytime that page refreses, up come two more pop-ups!
And pop-up stoppers never work for me, they always close my IE windows when I try to open them.
*sigh*

Cz
08-09-2002, 11:21 AM
Pop ups are inconvenient, but I wouldn't waste money on removing them. It may annoy members, who didn't contribute in the first place, but just imagine paying money just to remove a slight inconvenience. It's really not worth it, especially when you can download a pop-up killer.

I can live with pop-ups. I'd rather that they weren't there, but I can understand why they are there.

Anyway, one thing I do is leave the first pop-ups I get open. If you do that, then no more will appear, and you don't have to waste your time closing them. You can even use the homebusiness pop-up as an additional IE window. Just don't close it.

Nemesis the Warlock
08-09-2002, 03:24 PM
I hate them like the plague myself. But Black Mage is right: they may be annoying, but not half as annoying as having to pay money.

Lionx
08-10-2002, 06:06 AM
I think i started a thread on this a while back. Well someone recommended me to go here. www.panicware.com/product_downloads.html

Download the free one, it works average.