PDA

View Full Version : Subforums? Would you approve or not.

Agent Proto
08-15-2002, 03:46 PM
Ok, I'll just create this poll and see what the mass think of it, as far as I know, I know that most staff disapprove of them, but I want to know what you, the regular members of Eyes on FF that uses these forums daily would think of Subforums.

Would you approve if we were to create a subforum in General Chat where you can use to greet newbies and tell other members happy birthday and such? Do you think it will be helpful to clean up General Chat from all the newbie and birthday threads, or not? I want your opinions on this matter.

Alpha
08-15-2002, 05:02 PM
Nah, newbie/birthday threads really arent a problem to me. And, as it has been said before, that subforum would become ignored quite easily.

I Love Shoyku
08-15-2002, 05:15 PM
I made a thread a while ago about a "Newbie Forum" but that sounds good Proto.

Later
Cheffie

Loony BoB
08-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Subforums = Messy.

They also ruin the idea that as soon as you open a page that you'll see some threads. Instead, you see MORE forum options, and you have to scroll down before you see the threads.

Yucky.

Yamaneko
08-15-2002, 08:00 PM
Leave GC the way it is. *votes accordingly*

Zypher
08-15-2002, 08:25 PM
Yeah. If the GC really starts to get overflowed with newbie/birthday threads, then a change of some sort is in order. Then it would be time to consider subfora as a solution. Personally, I think it's fine right now.

ShadowNINku
08-18-2002, 12:29 AM
the thing about that type of topic , is that they are all so similar and mask the good unique topics...and we do have a lot of these types of topics already(newbie,birthday)

Shlup
08-19-2002, 04:29 AM
There's enough different forums to search through as it is, as I see it. Those types of threads don't seem to be a problem.

Bannor
08-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Well actually I think a sub forum would be much more useful in the Writers Corner. It would really help with the poets pushing all the fic writers down.

edczxcvbnm
08-27-2002, 04:22 PM
General Chat should have a subforum for just newbie threads or have it be a new forum all together because there are way too many of them. It seems like there are atleast 2 a day.

I wouldn't mind see sub-forums else where. Maybe in the lounge create a music and sports subforum.

Things like that in other forums. I don't think anyone else would agree with me though but that is just me.

The PC Fascist
08-27-2002, 04:37 PM
I think for the lounge, we need a Music Sub-Forum, a Movie Sub-Forum, a TV Sub Forum, a Sports Sub-Forum, and an Anime/Manga Su-Forum. That would rock plzthnxluffbai.

Sephex
08-27-2002, 06:12 PM
I would like to see GEN Chat sub forums. It woud clean it up a lot...why are so many people against this?

Shlup
08-28-2002, 06:41 AM
I really like the Poet's Corner. It feels like a private little place where my fantasies can run free... Oo...!!

Calliope
08-30-2002, 06:03 AM
Don't knock the Poets' Corner.

The Newbie/Birthday Forums seems like a good idea, if you make it blatantly obvious it's a newbie forum. Otherwise you'll just get more "Do I make a thread here?" posts which you'll have to shift.