PDA

View Full Version : It R Coming! U R Help, m'kay?

Shlup
08-29-2002, 09:56 AM
Next month (September) is the month that Mister EoFF is due to return. It's already been decided that Mister EoFF and Miss EoFF will be run together, although that's still open to change if anyone can give me good reason.

So I guess what I'm looking for is suggestions. If anyone remembers the last round in March, I'd be happy to hear any ideas you have for improvements on how it's run.

Also, is anyone has any suggestions for questions to ask the contestants, that would be much appreciated. I think I'll be asking the males and females seperate sets of questions, and running the two competitions side by side (in one thread or two though? I can't decide), and forcing Mister and Miss EoFF to marry and breed or something. Whatever.

That's all the input I can think of right now that I need, though I'm sure I'll remember some other stuff once I get a little feedback. Anything you have to say is welcome, even if it's just for me to shut my trap and get out of your house.

Citizen Bleys
08-29-2002, 02:53 PM
Sugoi. Looking forward to it.

I'm not running Miss EoFF this time around, though. Nope. Not gonna do it.

I Love Shoyku
08-29-2002, 03:33 PM
Shlup, I wanna sign up for this thing ^^. It sounds like a lot of fun. I really dont remeber it, last march, but a suggestion could be to have everyone vote on who they want to be Mister and Mrs EoFF, and have people sign up for it. ^^

p.S Can we have a Mr. and Mrs. Cheffie too? -_-

Later
Cheffie

Zell's Fists of Fury
08-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Are we going to need pictures? Cause I think we should. Bikini picture. Yea...

Ifrit's Bodyguard
08-29-2002, 10:05 PM
<font color=f43719><font color=f43719>I liked the format the last time, I'd stick with it.

Citizen Bleys
08-29-2002, 10:49 PM
Yes, I cannot emphasize enough how much that the Mr. EoFF system ROCKED.

It worked pretty well for the Miss Animeglobe contest, too.

Rydia of Mist
08-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff
Are we going to need pictures? Cause I think we should. Bikini picture. Yea...

You would <I>not</I> want a bikini picture from me. <I>Seriously.</I>

Not if you value your lunch.

In any case... Ah, exceptional. ^^ I rather enjoyed this the last time around. Need any help, let me know, eh Shlup? :D

Citizen Bleys
08-30-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Rydia of Mist
You would <I>not</I> want a bikini picture from me. <I>Seriously.</I>

I thought that's what your .sig was

*gets shot*

Shlup
08-31-2002, 01:51 AM
Alright, good to hear everyone liked it last time. :D There were a couple of changes I wanted to make, but I think I should get some second opinions first.

There were a couple of people who felt that they got screwed over with the match-ups*, so I was trying to think of an even more fair way to decide the match-ups. I was considering sending the entries to two other people and having them rank the contestants answers from best to worst (1 - 10), or having the contestants rate the answers themselves before sending them in. I don't know how that would work out though... any ideas?

Are we going to need pictures? Cause I think we should. Bikini picture. Yea... Last time I didn't make it mandatory that contestants sent in a picture, but if you didn't I used a picture of a goat to represent you. I think everyone sent in a picture except for one person, and eestlinc sent in a picture of legs, which is fine. No one's judged on thier photos; I just used them to show which contestants were left and stuff, just to make it pretty. No bikini's though... I just don't want to see that.

*For those of you who don't remember last time, the contest was run by running answers to questions against each other, with people voting for their favorite answer, and without them knowing who the answers belonged to... if that makes sense.

EDIT: Before I forget, what day should I start the contest? Beginning of the month? Middle? And, uh... Ah, crap, I forgot what else.

Agent Proto
08-31-2002, 10:21 AM
Make it before the middle. like in the first half of the month. or right after Red finishes the Triathlon

Red Wizard
08-31-2002, 05:50 PM
I don't plan on the Triathalon taking up as much time as it did as the Decathalon, so you can probably start at the middle of the month at the very latest. Personally, I think your system is fine. My answer's were pretty lame compared to those who beat me. I'd like to keep my pic the same, though.

Shlup
08-31-2002, 09:50 PM
I think I still have all the pictures from last time, so if you already sent in a picture don't worry about it.

Rydia of Mist
09-01-2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Bleys Kevorkian
I thought that's what your .sig was

*gets shot*

If me wearing a bikini made me look exactly like GIR in his doggy suit... I'd never wear anything <I>but</I> bikinis.

Er...In any case... Um... *tries to be useful* Need me to do anything?

Shlup
09-01-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Rydia of Mist
Um... *tries to be useful* Need me to do anything? I could definatly use some questions to include on the entry forms.

Other then that it depends on whether or not I'm going to make use of rating-people.

Del Murder
09-05-2002, 03:07 AM
If you were an ice cream flavor, which ice cream flavor would you be and why?

You can substitute any of the following for ice cream flavor:

- evil dictator
- EoFF member
- letter
- smiley
- shoe size
- instrument

etc.

Shlup
09-05-2002, 06:16 AM
Oo, that's a good one. *steals*

This contest might get pushed back to the end of this month or the beginning of next month for convenience reasons. So feel suspenseful, m'kay?

Agent Proto
09-16-2002, 04:07 AM
Yay, more time for me to do the next Screen Name contest. :D

Shlup
09-16-2002, 04:29 AM
It's time for that again, eh?

Red Wizard
09-16-2002, 04:37 AM
Well, the Triathalon is almost done, so you can start getting ready 'n stuff. *gasp* I'm going to finish a contest I started?!

Shlup
09-17-2002, 07:16 AM
I still need questions for the applications if anyone's got any suggestions. You can post 'em here or PM 'em to me or IM me or whatever.

Rydia of Mist
09-18-2002, 09:58 PM
Posting them here might take away from the spontaneity of the contest, since all contestants would be able to see them anyway. How about suggestions just get PMed to you?

Loony BoB
09-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Yes, posting them beforehand ruins a fair bit of it. *nod*

m4tt
09-19-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
It's time for that again, eh?

Yeah, it's a 10 time a year thing. :rolleyes2

Shlup
09-19-2002, 07:41 AM
Yeah, go ahead and PM away. I don't care if I use your questions and you still enter the contest. You'll have more time to think about it, but it's not like there are any right answers.

And it's 3 or 4 times a year, Matty-poo-head.

Leeza
09-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Hmmm...I'm not a <b>Miss</b> so I can't enter. Can we change it to Mister and <b>Ms</b> EoFF? Plz? :)

Shlup
09-20-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Leeza
Hmmm...I'm not a <b>Miss</b> so I can't enter. Can we change it to Mister and <b>Ms</b> EoFF? Plz? :) No. Sorry, but you're just too old to play.

Kidding, of course. ;)

"Ms" is too politically correct though. Screw that. However, if you win, I will refer to you as "Ms EoFF", just for you, princess. <3 <3 <3

Leeza
09-20-2002, 07:14 AM
Thank you. :)

Shlup
10-06-2002, 02:04 AM
Just so no one thinks I've forgotten, I'd like to note that I'm working on getting this started right now.

Citizen Bleys
10-06-2002, 01:35 PM
Yay.

Do I need nude photos to enter?

*watches half the population of EoFF lose their lunch at the thought*

Spuuky
10-06-2002, 09:45 PM
You're foiled again, Bleys. I didn't eat lunch!

m4tt
10-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Can't wait to see them, Bleys. ;P

Shlup
10-08-2002, 11:13 AM
*cancells the competition thanks to Bleys*