PDA

View Full Version : Question about like the battle system

Solid-Gear
09-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Okay so is it like diablo but in like 3D? builkd up characters and stuff but gop around and kill any enemy you see with your partners like PSO?

Anyways...I would like to see like a multiplayer RPG with like FFVII battle system though. like 3 differnt people and stuff whatever build up thier characters how they want but when you engage in battle each take turns. i thought i would be pretty6 cool as some multiplayer FF game. But then again I dont like console online...eh

Meldon
09-02-2002, 02:31 PM
Anyways...I would like to see like a multiplayer RPG with like FFVII battle system though. like 3 differnt people and stuff whatever build up thier characters how they want but when you engage in battle each take turns. i thought i would be pretty6 cool as some multiplayer FF game. But then again I dont like console online...eh
Total Turn-based wud not work well in an MMORPG.

so its semi-real time.

Maybe sum1 else can explain it better.

Shinzo
09-29-2002, 09:19 PM
I'm with u man, PS2 online sux! The battle system for FFVI sux also! What would be better then the old battle system of the old FFs.

Shinzo
09-29-2002, 09:22 PM
opps i ment FFXI

Angered Roach
09-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Shinzo
I'm with u man, PS2 online sux! The battle system for FFVI sux also! What would be better then the old battle system of the old FFs.

Do you seriously have nothing better to do with your time than go on about how much you hate FFXI?

Anyway, yeah, it's pretty much realtime, and you select commands and such. Yeah.

Alpha
09-29-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Shinzo
I'm with u man, PS2 online sux!

Sir, The ignorance meter is off the charts!

Angered Roach
09-29-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Alpha
Sir, The ignorance meter is off the charts!

Beep beep beep! [/spam]

Bahamut2000X
09-30-2002, 12:55 AM
The battle system is completly ATB based. You basicly lock onto a enemy and then you have several options like Magic or fight or analyze (I think that's what it's called) where you can see how tough a monster is well roughly how strong at least. There are a lot of other options but I don't know what they are.

Blizzard
09-30-2002, 05:55 AM
So its kinda like the battle system of Kingdom Hearts, except with out the *Quick Launch* (like press square to cast cure etc.) whatever buttons....?

Bahamut2000X
09-30-2002, 11:07 PM
Uhhh no as it is you lock on and stay locked on until you unlock it or the monster or you die. But you also can't jump or just keep hitting X to attack or something as the system is you keep fighting until you change commands or again the monster dies or you die.

tormentedmind
01-13-2003, 01:36 PM
No, the dude at the tops saying since the games online, we would have to wait for the other players to take their 'turns' i think the game will have the same generic battle system as all the others just with some kind of time limit to how long each player has to choose what to do so they wouldnt hold up the game for the other players....that is if the multiplayer thing is even set up like that, maybe it will b we just trade with other people in the game and all have our own seperate games going etc....:eep: :eep:

tormentedmind
01-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Well i cant explain it very well but if you read my post carefully you will get what im saying...:eep:

Ouch!
01-13-2003, 10:54 PM
Well i cant explain it very well but if you read my post carefully you will get what im saying...

And also realize you are very wrong too. >_<

I have actually seen a battle in a movie a downloaded with a female hume monk with a Big Hornet (or something along those lines) When you lock onto the enemy it appears that you get two choice, either attack constantly as fast as your character can, or attack by pressing the attack button. You'll have the ability to attack when your ATB bar fills and then you can select abilities. As for casting spells I'd assume you cut off the auto attack and select a spell.

The battle is here for download in one of the old WLA threads that have sunk down. But it's by TOKE if you go looking for it. Actually, I also remember the boss fight with an undead guy come to think of it. Maybe I could try and post them here: *tries* Oh and this is TOKE's work not mine.

Nope... wouldn't work.

Tom Morello
01-13-2003, 10:57 PM
Yes I do get what you're saying, and you are completely wrong... in fact your soooo wrong it hurts my brain... which is -1000 points right there. Plus reviving a 4 month old thread nets you another -4000 points.

So yeah... do you know what an active time battle is? I'll just use FF7 as an example. Let's say Cloud's bar is filled, which means he can choose a command, you can sit there for a while, thinking of what to do, but suddenly Tifa's bar fills, now EITHER person can make a move, so even though it was supposed to be Cloud's turn, Tifa can go, and then Cloud finally makes up his mind and goes right after her. The game would NEVER skip your turn altogether (as you were saying). Basically, if it's someone else's turn, and your turn comes, you need not wait for them, you can go as they are deciding what to do, even though they are the one who's bar filled up faster...

I hope everyone actually knows what ATB is know... cause that's just sad...

Ouch!
01-13-2003, 11:02 PM
*raises hand and shouts out the answer*

ACTIVE TIME BAR!

Emotion Sickness
01-14-2003, 08:37 AM
you'll find your answer at www.ffxionline.com

also check out the forums there, they are sweet, has journals of importers and stuff with pics :D

its semi real time, i think

CalGore71
04-19-2003, 12:39 AM
wow, these forums are all about making fun of eachother. Well the battle system is different yes, but heres a site that has some movies of them.

http://www.fffreak.com/?content=ff11/movies&menu=ff11/menu

Tom Morello
04-19-2003, 07:41 PM
YOU REVIVED A THREE MONTH OLD THREAD!!! BLASPHEMY!!!

DIIIIIEEEEE SCUM DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

*smotes*

Bahamut2000X
04-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Ya know this is actually the second time this thread has been revived. Funny that.

BahamutZer0
03-04-2005, 05:26 AM
Make that three times! :D

Rostum
03-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Way to revive an extremely old thread.

lordblazer
03-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Okay so is it like diablo but in like 3D? builkd up characters and stuff but gop around and kill any enemy you see with your partners like PSO?

Nope. you have to use your enviroment your camping site the terrain.To think up a stragedy that is effective at pulling and killing monsters at a fast enough rate to chain them.In order to get the EXP flowing.In other words people who are serious about PTing is militant.Like doing Maze Makers are lvl 13 in a PT is tough.If your a WAR you won't be fighting.Just voking it at a distance so it only hits you.While the mages nuke the heck out of it and the WHM keeps you alive.The other melees most likely will engage teh enemy but won't take any damage.Sounds easy uh?WEll its not ebcause in the Mazes there are ll 40+ monsters that'll love to link to ya and get in on the action.So how do you choose a camping site.Where ever the strong mobs don't spawn.MMs spawn anywhere tough.But for this stragedy you need tons and tons of space.Which te MAzes really don't offer much.I rememebr doing that when I was a newb with my WAR :)

Chopseuy
03-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Its turned base and your character attacks by him/herself. Unless you cast magic, special abilities, etc.

Del Murder
03-06-2005, 07:13 PM
2 years? Not necessary.