PDA

View Full Version : Can no longer reach this site from home.

Nemesis the Warlock
09-13-2002, 12:59 PM
My home computer is doing something really strange. For the last week or two, it has refused to go to this site. When it gets here, I get messages such as "There is an error in a Plug-in contained in this site" or "you have performed an illegal operation". Internet Explorer subsequently crashes. The weird thing is, I didn't have that problem before, and I still don't have it with any other site. Also I had no problems posting from work (like I'm doing now). Did this ever happen to anyone else? Any ideas what could cause this or what I could do about it?

crono_logical
09-13-2002, 03:46 PM
Maybe your Flash and/or Java plugin's messed up? I know this site used to have flash and java ads here, that might be the problem. I don't know if it still uses them since I've blocked the adserver on my PC anyway :p

Maybe your PC is long overdue it's Windows reinstall? :D

Yamaneko
09-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Yup. Try reformatting, if it's not too much trouble. I say it solves all your computer(software) probelms.:D

Nemesis the Warlock
09-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Here's a really stupid question. Feel free to point and laugh, because I really don't know:

How do I reformat/reinstall Windows? Does that mean I have to delete every bit of software on my PC, and install everything from scratch?
I hope not...

crono_logical
09-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Usually, yeah :p

Though I tend to just reinstall Windows on top of itself to keep the settings. I'll only wipe Windows and reinstall from scratch if it's still acting up after installing on top of itself, in which case, yes, almost all programs will want to be reinstalled to restore their correct registry settings. :p

Nemesis the Warlock
09-18-2002, 12:05 PM
Cheers, mate. I'll try that first. I really don't want to delete all that stuff which I downloaded from the Internet. I don't know if I can get it back, and all my save states for games would be lost.