PDA

View Full Version : Need help... finding stupid download...

Tom Morello
09-14-2002, 09:50 PM
I need to find a place where I can download a Java Virtual machine... I need it quite desperately and would be very glad if someone could help me find a place to download it.

Thanks in advance.

crono_logical
09-14-2002, 11:15 PM
http://java.sun.com/

Look around, choose a version :p

Dr Unne
09-15-2002, 12:42 AM
Windows used to offer a Microsoft VM for download too, but Java's version is far superior. MS won't even let me download MS VM for Windows XP at all, the link is gone in their dumb Windows Update thing. Oh well. The Java VM sometimes displays applets wrong though because some people seem to program applets just to work with MS. Blah.

Tom Morello
09-15-2002, 10:56 PM
Thanks!

But as always stupid stupid Taerdin's problems aren't so easily solved.

I need this download to get into a certain chatroom... I'm pretty sure I downloaded the right one, but I still can't get into the damned thing. I tried a couple times but it doesn't work... any suggestions? I'm really really trying to get into this chatroom by Monday... but I'm guessing that won't happen. It's very important to me, and I would appreciate it a lot if you could at least try and help me. If there are certain things you need to know to solve my problem then just ask away. I really hope I can find a way to make this work...

*prays for a miracle*

Thanks in advance! (I just like thanking people... can't help it):D

crono_logical
09-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Why not just use mIRC then if it's only a chatroom you want to get into?

Tom Morello
09-15-2002, 11:23 PM
Because... it's a certain chat room I have to get into... the Much Music one where you can request songs...

Your chances of getting ur video played are much greater if you go into the chat room... I just really REALLY need a certain video played.

crono_logical
09-15-2002, 11:45 PM
That still doesn't answer why you can't use mirc to get into the room, since that's also a chat client, much like the java applets you're trying to get working :p

Only other thing I can think of right now is you could try to reduce the security in Internet Explorers options. :p