PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions.

The Man
09-16-2002, 10:18 PM
<font color=38bcee><ol type=1><li style="font-size: 'x-small';">Perhaps I'm dumb, but I can't see the "Preview Message" button in the Private Message window.<li style="font-size: 'x-small';">It looks like the "Last Post" is back and functional again (correct me if I'm wrong about this), so would it be possible to prune old members with no posts now? There are quite a large number of members who have no posts and high-demand names like Rand al'Thor (as opposed to the still-active Rand Al'Tor, who probably took the misspelling because the correct spelling wasn't available), Raine, and Ramza, to name a few. I know how upsetting it is to try to register a name only to find out someone else already has it.</ol>Speaking of names, if an admin sees this and my name hasn't already been The Man™ at some point in the past, I'd like to have the trademark sign added to the end of my name plz. :D

Peace
The Man<font size=2>

Loony BoB
09-16-2002, 10:38 PM
I think anyone who has posted since the last reset/prune has a last post, regardless of how many posts they have - so anyone who posted 500 times before the last prune and never again has done so wouldn't have a last post thingy.

...that sounds weird and makes little sense, and I'm not sure anyways, so dismiss this post altogether.

TM™ ...haha.

EDIT: Oh, and it looks like I'm dumb too. *nod*

The Man
09-16-2002, 10:46 PM
<font color=38bcee><s>Congratulations on confusing me, BoB. "It looks like I'm dumb, too" - does that mean you think you were wrong?</s> <font color=38e897>No, I'm more dumb than I thought, since you were referring to the lack of "Preview Message." Shoot me in the face plzkthx.</font> If I remember correctly, I've seen "Last Post" dates that came from way before the prunes. But my memory is hardly trustworthy in any case, so don't rely too heavily on it. :rolleyes2

Peace
The Man™<font size=2>

Killy
09-16-2002, 11:51 PM
That might be because they posted somewhere else than the pruned forums!

[Edit] Edited by me

The Man
09-16-2002, 11:53 PM
<font color=38BCEE>What's with calling me a fool? Even if you're joking, I don't appreciate it.

At any rate, there was one point at which everyone had a Last Posted date of "Never," but I just checked, and Wolfboy has a Last Posted date of sometime in March, so I think the Last Posted problem is fixed. :p

Oh, and if someone could fix all the style sheet stuff so that "10px" is changed to "xx-small" and "12px" is changed to "x-small," that'll make things look a bit more tidy around here, I think. *nod*

Peace
The Man™<font size=2>

Loony BoB
09-16-2002, 11:57 PM
Oh, now you're just being nit-picky. If we made everything super-user-friendly, people from other vBB's would come here and cry.

Oh, yeah...

*shoots you in the face* Anytime.

The Man
09-17-2002, 12:08 AM
<font color=38bcee>
Originally <font color=38e897 :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:over="this.color='7eb7ed';" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:out="this.color='38e897';">posted</font> (http://bando.smallcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=86#entry568) by Loony BoB
dude<font face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">now I really don't understand what you're getting at. What am I doing that's nitpicky? Plz explain?

Oh, and thx for the shot in the face. :o

Peace
The Man™

crono_logical
09-17-2002, 12:15 AM
Ooh, can I be nit-picky too? :D

Why is your nick now The Man/B>, and you now sign off as either:

Peace
The Man/font>

or

Peace
The Man font size=2>

*takes screenshot*

The Man
09-17-2002, 12:17 AM
<font color=38bcee>Hi ur browzr = laem plz

That's supposed to be a trademark sign, but certain browsers don't display them properly and annihilate the first letter that follows them. :p In that case it happens to be a less than sign. In the last poster view of individual fora it's probably The Man/font>, also. :p

Peace
The Man™<font size=2>

Loony BoB
09-17-2002, 12:21 AM
I'm not one to go around stating

Reasons Why The Man Is Nit-Picky

Originally posted by The Man™
<font color=38BCEE>I know it would be very easy to take this overboard, but the list of colours in the .php reply submit button is kinda skimpy. I've found a ton of HTML predefined colours, and I think that list only uses twenty of them.

Anyhow, here's the list I've compiled (you can ignore the HTML colour references if you want; I put those in there for my own edification, and to make sure the colours were really "real," and I'd have to explain why that was necessary with lots of technical jargon and stuff that most of you won't understand and I don't really have time to explain anyway, so yeah. I'm rambling. Woohoo). You can expand the submit reply's colours list if you like with this stuff, I guess. A lot of these colors wouldn't show up for crap against either of the EoFF backgrounds, so including them might not be a good idea, but I'm including all of them anyway.

<font color="black">#000000=black
</font><font color="maroon">#800000=maroon
</font><font color="darkred">#8B0000=darkred
</font><font color="firebrick">#B22222=firebrick
</font><font color="brown">#A52A2A=brown
</font><font color="scarlet">#CA0E00=scarlet
</font><font color="crimson">#DC143C=crimson
</font><font color="red">#FF0000=red
</font><font color="sienna">#A0522D=sienna
</font><font color="chocolate">#D2691E=chocolate
</font><font color="coral">#FF7F50=coral
</font><font color="darkorange">#FF8C00=darkorange
</font><font color="orange">#FFA500=orange
</font><font color="tomato">#FF6347=tomato
</font><font color="goldenrod">#DAA520=goldenrod
</font><font color="sandybrown">#F4A460=sandybrown
</font><font color="olive">#808000=olive
</font><font color="burlywood">#DEB887=burlywood
</font><font color="tan">#D2B48C=tan
</font><font color="gold">#FFD700=gold
</font><font color="yellow">#FFFF00=yellow
</font><font color="beige">#F5F5DC=beige
</font><font color="lightyellow">#FFFFE0=lightyellow
</font><font color="greenyellow">#ADFF2F=greenyellow
</font><font color="lightgreen">#90EE90=lightgreen
</font><font color="chartreuse">#7FFF00=chartreuse
</font><font color="lime">#00FF00=lime
</font><font color="limegreen">#32CD32=limegreen
</font><font color="seagreen">#2E8B57=seagreen
</font><font color="green">#008000=green
</font><font color="darkgreen">#006400=darkgreen
</font><font color="teal">#008080=teal
</font><font color="darkcyan">#008B8B=darkcyan
</font><font color="turquoise">#40E0D0=turquoise
</font><font color="aqua">#00FFFF=aqua, </font><font color="cyan">cyan
</font><font color="aquamarine">#7FFFD2=aquamarine
</font><font color="lightcyan">#E0FFFF=lightcyan
</font><font color="azure">#F0FFFF=azure
</font><font color="lightblue">#ADD8E6=lightblue
</font><font color="skyblue">#87CEEB=skyblue
</font><font color="royalblue">#4169E1=royalblue
</font><font color="blue">#0000FF=blue
</font><font color="darkblue">#00008B=darkblue
</font><font color="midnightblue">#292970=midnightblue
</font><font color="indigo">#4B0082=indigo
</font><font color="purple">#800080=purple
</font><font color="darkmagenta">#8B008B=darkmagenta
</font><font color="darkviolet">#9400D3=darkviolet
</font><font color="blueviolet">#8A2BE2=blueviolet
</font><font color="magenta">#FF00FF=magenta
</font><font color="violet">#EE82EE=violet
</font><font color="lightpink">#FFB6C1=lightpink
</font><font color="pink">#FFC0CB=pink
</font><font color="hotpink">#FF69B4=hotpink
</font><font color="deeppink">#FF1493=deeppink
</font><font color="gray">#808080=gray
</font><font color="darkgray">#A9A9A9=darkgray
</font><font color="silver">#C0C0C0=silver
</font><font color="white">#FFFFFF=white

</font>Yop. I luff colour. Here ya go, if you want 'em.

*randomunrelatedthoughtthatisn't<I></I>importantenoughtogetitsownthread*
Maybe having an &#91;opb]blah&#91;/opb] tag to yield Originally posted by blah would help save even more board space. Dunno.
Peace
Kilgore Trout<font size=2>

<font color=38bcee>I've decided that I want to define my custom font colour via style sheet, which will be placed in my signature so that if you don't have signatures enabled, you won't see my funky blue font. The problem arises in the { character, which automatically gets converted to &amp;#123; in the board HTML. Rather bad for defining style sheets, since the left brace is vital for defining style sheets.

Is there a reason for this character to be disabled? If it weren't, those of you who didn't like my post colour would be able to avoid seeing it anymore. Ever. Just by disabling sigs. And that could spread to other users, too, I'd imagine, if they knew enough about CSS.

Here's my style sheet, which I'm randomly inserting now so you can behold its loveliness/ugliness, and also because I have nothing better to do:

<blockquote><font face="monospace">&lt;style type="text/css"&gt;
#manly {font-size: "84.62%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"; color: "#38BCEE"}
#manly table {font-size: "100.00%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"; color: "#38BCEE"}
#manly tr {font-size: "100.00%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"; color: "#38BCEE"}
#manly td {font-size: "100.00%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"; color: "#38BCEE"}
#manly p {font-size: "100.00%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"; color: "#38BCEE"}
#manly A:link {color="#38E897"; text-decoration: "none"}
#manly A:visited {color="#38E897"; text-decoration: "none"}
#manly A:active {color="#38E897"; text-decoration: "none"}
#manly A:hover {color="#7EB7ED"; text-decoration: "underline overline"; background-color: "#204962"}
#mansig {font-size: "69.23%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"}
#mansig table {font-size: "100.00%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"}
#mansig tr {font-size: "100.00%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"}
#mansig td {font-size: "100.00%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"}
#mansig p {font-size: "100.00%"; font-family: "Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"}
#mansigad {color="#38BCEE"}
#mansigad A:link {color="#38E897"; text-decoration: "none"}
#mansigad A:visited {color="#38E897"; text-decoration: "none"}
#mansigad A:active {color="#38E897"; text-decoration: "none"}
#mansigad A:hover {color="#7EB7ED"; text-decoration: "underline overline"; background-color: "#204962"}
&lt;/style&gt;</font></blockquote>And here's <a href="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ajf83/blahblah.html"><font color="38e897" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:over="this.color='7eb7ed';" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:out="this.color='38e897';">an example of it in action</font></a>, and <a href="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ajf83/manstuff.html"><font color="38e897" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:over="this.color='7eb7ed';" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:out="this.color='38e897';">another</font></a>. In the first one, there are multiple style sheets per page, and very little gets screwed up. (Some of the stuff is screwed up, but not enough of it is screwed up for me to figure out why it's screwed up, but I was going to make a new thread asking people on the boards whether my new style sheet screwed up their browsers. Since I can't post the durn things, I couldn't do that, so we'll worry about that later... if you could temporarily change that, I'd appreciate it).

Peace
Kilgore Trout<font size=2>

<font color=38BCEE>
Oh, and if someone could fix all the style sheet stuff so that "10px" is changed to "xx-small" and "12px" is changed to "x-small," that'll make things look a bit more tidy around here, I think. *nod*
<font size=2>
<font color=#ffffff>

I guess I just mean that you ask for unneccessary stuff, and once you come down to it, that just makes unsure of how to spell unneccessary.

...or something.

*whizz* I like pancakes. <font color=#ffffff>

The Man
09-17-2002, 12:23 AM
<font color=38bcee>I simply thought people (such as BOU) wanted it fixed, which is why I brought it up again, since it hadn't been done. I thought maybe someone had forgotten. *shakes head*

Peace
The Man™ <font size=2>

Loony BoB
09-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Y'no, your idea for a (color="white") is actually not that bad. That way, It'll shorten the amount of editing that I have to do in my post when I quote The Man or anyone else. xD

Yamaneko
09-17-2002, 12:26 AM
Haha that blue font sure is contagious. I don't think The Man is Nit-Picky. He just wants things right.:D

Nobody answered question number one. Well here goes. I don't see it either. Just give them some time to add it.

Now let's all get along.:p

EDIT: I thought white already existed. *shrug*

The Man
09-17-2002, 12:26 AM
<font color=38bcee>Having a bad day, BoB? :mad:

Peace
The Man™<font size=2>

Loony BoB
09-17-2002, 12:32 AM
Jokes, people. Just pretend that was K'i'shi talking to Del Snizz, and you'll realise that you're all taking this the wrong way. I'm really a good guy, and The Man is really a lengthy abbreviation for...

...aww, I couldn't think of anything ;_;

The Man
09-17-2002, 12:33 AM
<font color=38bcee>Trademark? :D

Peace
The Man™<font size=2>

Killy
09-17-2002, 01:14 AM
<font color=38BCEE>What's with calling me a fool? Even if you're joking, I don't appreciate it.

Im deeply sorry about this, I didnt mean to insult you in any way.

*Edits post*

The Man
09-17-2002, 01:25 AM
<font color=38bcee>It's fine; I'm sure you didn't mean it. Just be careful how you word yourself in the future.
Peace
The Man™<font size=2>

Killy
09-17-2002, 01:58 AM
Its kinda hard for me sometimes since I have to use weird sentences because Im not really good in English (second tongue)

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-17-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
Jokes, people. Just pretend that was K'i'shi talking to Del Snizz, and you'll realise that you're all taking this the wrong way. I'm really a good guy, and The Man is really a lengthy abbreviation for...

...aww, I couldn't think of anything ;_;

Aww, you know we luv you.:love:

Oh, btw The Man = <b>The</B>roetical <b>Man</b>ifestation. Meaning, he's part of all our imaginations. Sorry to blow your cover, Man, but <b>someone</b> has to inform the people.

I Love Shoyku
09-17-2002, 10:35 AM
Ok. Aaron. Im sick of you. Only joking man, you know I joke with you.. I hope. :D. Yah, Im dumb too Aaron, so welcome to the club. Its lots of fun, cause you dont know what your doing and its fun, and its fun. Weee.

Later
Cheffie

Del Murder
09-20-2002, 01:30 AM
And once again I find great amusement in reading threads in the Feedback Forum. Keep it up people! *closes using spiffy modpowers*