PDA

View Full Version : GAH! *can't post in some threads*

Loony BoB
09-17-2002, 12:49 AM
Is that only me? There are certain threads that I can't post in. I get a White Page of Death all the time - and if I refresh, I go back to the previous post that I successfully made. The threads I've had this trouble with include the Triathlon thread, the Eyes on YOU thread and The Man's nitpicky thread ;)

It usually just happens spontaneously and I can't get around it for at least 24 hours - the Eyes on YOU one I couldn't for at least three days.

EDIT: WPoD = the 'Detect Network Settings' kind. If I click on that, I go back to the previous post that I successfully made, just like refreshing.

crono_logical
09-17-2002, 01:13 AM
I think it's just the server taking too long to reply to your browsers request, it's seemed to be slow all day for me, I just keep hammering the refresh every 15 seconds or so until it works when the server's like this, though I know it can't help the problem :D

Loony BoB
09-17-2002, 01:16 AM
Yeah... but it only happens with certain threads, and once it happens, it takes ages before I can post in that specific thread again -_- (and it goes normally in other threads).

crono_logical
09-17-2002, 01:24 AM
Because the servers not gonna lag all the time? :D

Loony BoB
09-17-2002, 01:32 AM
I don't think I've made myself clear...

*posts in one thread*
*white pages in THE thread*
*posts in another thread*
*tries to repost in THE thread, can't*

Y'get it?

Endless
09-17-2002, 01:18 PM
I'd say it's because something (a proxy, more likely, or your computer's cache), has stored that the url you requested is not available, and won't try to update its own cache with the new page. Try refreshing while holding caps/ctrl/alt (I don't remember which), which forces to recontact the server.

Bulldog
09-17-2002, 09:32 PM
You're a 'newbie'. When you become a boardregular it'll be better. Problem solved.:D