PDA

View Full Version : Scripts in #eoff

Roogle
12-13-2001, 08:43 AM
Just turn off MP3 scripts. Other than MP3 scripts, scripts can be nice.

And, yes, we really need more Rydia of Mist.

Loony BoB
10-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Vote what you think.

I'm beginning to get mildly frustrated at the scripts in #eoff. Well, the Winamp ones, and so on. Basically the coloured scripts saying what the person is currently listening to. I was just wondering if I'm the only one who gets bothered or not, so yeah.

Chimp
10-12-2002, 03:25 PM
I like skwips, they is kewl.
SCRIPT! mp3¤ Linkin Park - In The End ¤ 128kbps/3m37s ¤

Heath
10-12-2002, 03:27 PM
I don't hate scripts. I could understand people not liking the music ones but even so its not like everyone has them on thus flooding EOFF chat into script land.
So in conclusion I don't really mind them,

*Votes yes*
*wins for loserness*
*loses for winnerness*

The PC Fascist
10-12-2002, 04:31 PM
I want coloured scrpits. *votes*

Nait
10-12-2002, 05:52 PM
Scripts can be fun.

Too bad coloured mp3-scripts are NOT fun.

MecaKane
10-12-2002, 06:01 PM
I don't mind winamp scripts. As long as its not flooding. I generally only use it if its a song someone else might like.
*notes that his only has red / \ around the title* :D

Also, some welcome ones bug me. *just noticed in the chat* ><

The Man
10-12-2002, 06:52 PM
<font color=38bcee>I like scripts, but I'd prefer Rydia of Mist. Yes.

I'd like to have everything I type turn a suitable colour of bluish cyan, but some people apparently dislike it when people use colours in chat. Blarg. >_<

Peace
Mand al'Thor<font size=2>

Halan
10-14-2002, 03:33 PM
I really don't like any music scripts. It gets really annoying when you're in the middle of a conversation and suddenly someone's music script thing goes off. I personally don't care what sort of music people listen to, and its rather annoying when more than one person has it going at the same time.

And colors are not necessary because you can change the color of your own mIRC. On that note, people who use color scripts screw up people who change the customized color of their mIRC. For instance, say you love blue, so you have your background a dark blue and your text a light blue. If someone with color scripts changes colors and what not to dark blue or black, then you can't read what they've written.

I don't even go into chat anymore, but these things pissed me off when I did go there regularly.

crono_logical
10-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Oi, people actually use the !get! feature of my self-written script :p

And if you think the mp3 scripts are flooding, you should have seen the mess of the room when people turned on their protest scripts, it was 10x worse, I tell you :D

Originally posted by Mand al'Thor
<font color=38bcee>I'd like to have everything I type turn a suitable colour of bluish cyan, but some people apparently dislike it when people use colours in chat. Blarg. >_<</font>My background is blue, so that makes blue text (apart from dark blue) hard to read for me :)

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-14-2002, 04:47 PM
I despise script and I hope they burn in hell.

Halan
10-14-2002, 05:42 PM
Seriously though, what is the use of all the colors? People already know who you are, and no one associates people with the color of their text. Its extremely annoying to people with cutomized colored backgrounds and its very inconsiderate.

Agent Proto
10-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Rydia_of_Mist> I'm not coming back, ever again.
Proto> *gasp* ;_;

Come back. And get rid of scripts as well. They are annoying as heck.

Heath
10-14-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by crono_logical
Oi, people actually use the !get! feature of my self-written script :p

And if you think the mp3 scripts are flooding, you should have seen the mess of the room when people turned on their protest scripts, it was 10x worse, I tell you :D

1) I have used the !get! feature twice xD no one scripts annoy me at all...

2) until we get to the protest scripts. XD Maybe you should not have told them the word or did they figure it out?...damn logical thinkers xD

That is all.

Pancaek
10-14-2002, 06:47 PM
I don't like scripts at all. I might like them if they didn't have all those colors and formatting, but I have yet to see one of those.

The Man
10-14-2002, 06:53 PM
<font color=38bee>It hadn't occurred to me that some people might not be viewing with the same colour scheme I was >_<

Whatever; it's not like I go into chat that often anyway.

Peace
Mand al'Thor<font size=2>

Loony BoB
10-14-2002, 07:42 PM
*adds a vote for join scripts*

They got annoying real fast, too. D'oh.

Rydia of Mist
10-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Hmmm... :-/

Citizen Bleys
10-14-2002, 11:02 PM
The purpose of the chat is for people to communicate with one another. When the scripts begin interfering with peoples's attempts at communication, or worse take over the communication, I support banning them.

Of course, I'm in chat what, once a month? so feel free to ignore me.

Shlup
10-15-2002, 11:56 AM
Music scripts are incredibly annoying and pointless.

And that's... Mandee's two cents.

m4tt
10-15-2002, 04:28 PM
I only use my mp3 script to annoy people, just because I know it does.

Other than that, my away script is all I use. And it's not like I have to use it.