PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to play old PC games with my friend online..?

Mikztsu
10-17-2002, 05:36 PM
I wanna play damned good old Nhl 95 against my friend who lives in Helsinki now. We used to play it all the time against each other when we were teenagers.:)

I know people can play old snes games online. Is there anything similar for older PC games? WE would really appreciate anything helpfull. Thanks.

~Mik

Squally Leonharty
10-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Why don't you try to look for the oldest NHL game with online multiplayer support? I think NHL '98 has that. It's also for PC. :D Search around Kazaa, or something.

Mikztsu
10-17-2002, 08:13 PM
No EA Sports hockey game is like NHL 95. New ones just doesn't have the same atmosphere. We've played NHL 2001 online several times against each other, but 95 is the best.

Squally Leonharty
10-17-2002, 08:24 PM
I don't know if NHL '95 has multiplayer support. Try to find out by downloading it. :p

Mikztsu
10-18-2002, 12:39 PM
You are missing my point, my dear little rapist idiot, Squally.>=) I <i>know</i> that NHL´95 doesn't have multiplayer support. I'm just wondering if there's any program or such which allows you to play these older non-supported games online.

Those Snes games didn't have online support when they game out, right?=P But now it's possible to play them.

All I want to know if there's something similar for PC games.

Squally Leonharty
10-18-2002, 12:41 PM
Ah, I see. :p Well, I've never heard of such a program. In fact... It <i>can't</i> exist. :p Online support must be programmed in the games themselves. :p

As for the SNES games, they can be played online, because they have been hacked by ROM hackers and edited the code to support online multiplayer in certain SNES emulators. That's how. :D

<b>Edit:</b> The point of this post is that you need a hacked version of NHL '95. :p

Mikztsu
10-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Oooh, allrighty then. I guess I'll just take a long shot and go to find one then. -_- It would be so cool if I could find some hack for it.

Squally Leonharty
10-18-2002, 01:40 PM
I might be wrong, though. :p After all, I'm the only person here who really has replied. :D So it's not really accurate.

But anyway, I still think it works that way. Good luck on finding an online multiplayer NHL '95. XD Try Kazaa, or something.

Killy
10-29-2002, 10:27 PM
I dont think you will ever find a hacked NHL 95, good luck anyway.

As for roms, if ever there is a rom of this game for some console, use a emulator that supports Online-play.

BTW, roms dont need to be hacked to be played online, what emus do (or can do) is connect to someone over the internet and make them player 2.

Using emus would be the easiest way to play online.