PDA

View Full Version : Request for a new forum?

Angered Roach
10-18-2002, 03:26 AM
Something i've always thought was missing from this board, was a role-playing board.

Yeah, yeah, we've got Magestar. But how about an open topic RP forum? Y'know, create your own RP threads with their own subjects and such, i've seen this work fairly well on other boards, and I think it would be a nice touch here too.

*Cowers in fear of his imminent Man'dal Thor-esque rejection of idea*

Spuuky
10-18-2002, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Angered Roach
*Cowers in fear of his imminent Man'dal Thor-esque rejection of idea* This made this suggestion worthwhile.

It might have some merit, I suppose, but we could theoretically just do this in General Gaming, if the interest was there.

Garland
10-18-2002, 03:39 AM
The easiest thing to do would be to create a third forum in the EoFF Online RPG section. It'd actually look pretty good, balancing nicely with the three fora in the help/feedback area. Huge general area, two sets of three, and a huge gaming area - nice and balanced.

Angered Roach
10-18-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Garland
The easiest thing to do would be to create a third forum in the EoFF Online RPG section. It'd actually look pretty good, balancing nicely with the three fora in the help/feedback area. Huge general area, two sets of three, and a huge gaming area - nice and balanced.

Yeah, that'd be pretty nice. I think the EOFF ORPG section desperately needs it. Lets face it. Magestar is lucky if it gets one post a month, and even then, half the time, it's Bleys.

The Man
10-18-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Angered Roach
*Cowers in fear of his imminent Man'dal Thor-esque rejection of idea* <font color=38BCEE>My screen name is actually spelt Mand al'Thor, after the protagonist, Rand, of Robert Jordan's far-better-than-excellent The Wheel of Time of series.
I think it's a good idea. I'm not sure whether it'd do me any good, but then again, I frankly find Magestar quite intimidating, because it's been going on for so long and I really don't have time to review the whole thing, and I might be more likely to participate in a newer ORPG. I'd say give it a try. Of course, I have no authority whatsoever, so you might as well just ignore my post.

Peace
Mand al'Thor<font size=2>

Big Ogre Umaro
10-18-2002, 05:08 AM
"Of course, I have no authority whatsoever, so you might as well just ignore my post."

That should be your entire sig.

At any rate, I like it. I'll let someone else shoot it down. :aimgrin:

The Man
10-18-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Big Ogre Umaro
"Of course, I have no authority whatsoever, so you might as well just ignore my post."

That should be your entire sig.I hate you.

Peace
Mand al’Thor

Loony BoB
10-18-2002, 08:42 AM
Well, we do have an Open RP thread inside Magestar. But I guess it would be nice if it was done tGA style, and anyone could join. Maybe a subforum? Even though I generally dislike those, y'no.

Citizen Bleys
10-18-2002, 12:15 PM
The Open RP is limited to the Magestar universe, though. I'm going to make the forum, on a trial basis. Its usefulness can be reevaluated later.

Also bear in mind, though, that tGA was not a random ORPG--it had a solid world with solid rules and was governed by the tGA council to avoid godmoders and such. In the new Random ORPG forum, the thread starter is the DM, and they're the ones who make and enforce the rules--as best they can. I won't be blocking anybody from the Random ORPG forum on the say-so of one DM.

Loony BoB
10-18-2002, 05:30 PM
You might want to put up a post/thread in the forum explaining how it works. It interests me, but I have no idea how it would start off, etc.

Angered Roach
10-18-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Loony BoB
You might want to put up a post/thread in the forum explaining how it works. It interests me, but I have no idea how it would start off, etc.

It's like an anything goes RP forum. People start threads, and then within, create their own RPGs, clearly laying out the rules and prologue within the first post. The person who started the thread will be the DM.

I Love Shoyku
10-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Im trying out the new forum now. This is the first time that I have ever tried this written form of an RPG. I have to say, that it is a blast. It makes me think like ive never thought before. It really gets ur imagination going. Good move Bleys, I think this will work out.

Big Ogre Umaro
10-19-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys

Also bear in mind, though, that tGA was not a random ORPG--it had a solid world with solid rules and was governed by the tGA council to avoid godmoders and such.

Well, it did after it got sucky at least. ;)

Dr Unne
10-19-2002, 03:29 AM
You're sucky. :mad2:

Nah, you're right. We just didn't know what we were doing.

Citizen Bleys
10-19-2002, 01:28 PM
I liked tGA during the Ofuchi campaign. It was nifty.

Pity everybody left during the Manster Rebellion :(

EDIT: and as for rules and how it works, the idea behind this forum is that there are no RP'ing "rules"--The thread starter (DM) makes all of the rules. If the DM wants an all-godmoding Gundam Wing game, then that's what he or she gets.

Or, yeah, what Angered Roach said.